- Freelance Systems ProgrammerKonferenz für Kirchliche Bahnhofsmission2015 - PRESENT
Technologies: MySQL, SQL, PHP, HTML5, CSS3
- Engineered an overhaul and extension of a legacy database system with a CGI-based web application.
- Ensured reliable operation by fixing code quality issues and adding required new functionality.
- Data Analysis ConsultantExpert Network GmbH2016 - 2016
Technologies: MS-SQL, SQL, R
- Integrated various data sources into an MS-SQL database for statistical analysis.
- Provided technical consulting on data collection and writing analysis software in R.
- Freelance Systems ProgrammerParametric Technology Corporation2016 - 2016
Technologies: C++, C++11, C++14
- Freelance systems programmerParametric Technology Corporation2014 - 2016
- Added WebSocket interface for remote debugging using C++14 and Boost.Asio.
- Programmerthink-cell Software GmbH2012 - 2013
Technologies: C++, Boost
- Reworked the Windows API interception for drawing a GUI overlay and enhanced a serialization library for native C++ objects.
- Solved problems in the inter-operation of PowerPoint and the Windows API.
- Acquired a thorough understanding of the Boost C++ library and recent C++11 features such as lambdas, move semantics, perfect forwarding, and r-value references.
- Senior ProgrammerParametric Technology UK, Ltd2006 - 2011
- ProgrammerSüdwestrundfunk2005 - 2006
Technologies: J2EE, Java, Swing, Hibernate, Ant, Eclipse
- Helped set up a large-scale database system using Enterprise JavaBeans technology and a Swing GUI Java-client used for data entry and query.
- Was in charge of setting up a robust build infrastructure using Ant and Eclipse and integrating the bug tracking system with the nightly build server.
- ResearcherDaimlerChrysler Research2004 - 2005
Technologies: Perl, Java
- Developed a thesis on "Rule-Based Data Quality Mining", describing how to use association rules for error discovery in very large unknown data sets and evaluating the effectiveness in synthetic as well as real-world applications.
- ProgrammerSüddeutscher Rundfunk1995 - 2003
Technologies: PL/I, C, TCP/IP, CGI, Java
- Added TCP/IP services to a legacy, mainframe-based database system to allow modern clients written in Java to connect to it.
- developed a CGI-based GUI and a Java class library.
- Programmerclara GmbH1998 - 1998
Technologies: Pascal, 4D
- Translated a class scheduling system for schools from Pascal into a database-specific proprietary programming language (4D).