- Senior Programmerself-employed2013 - PRESENT
- Created a debugging GUI written using AJAX technology.
- Programmerthink-cell Software GmbH2012 - 2013
Technologies: C++, Boost
- Reworked the Windows API interception for drawing a GUI overlay and enhanced a serialization library for native C++ objects.
- Solved problems in the inter-operation of PowerPoint and the Windows API.
- Acquired a thorough understanding of the Boost C++ library and recent C++11 features such as lambdas, move semantics, perfect forwarding, and r-value references.
- Senior ProgrammerParametric Technology UK, Ltd2006 - 2011
- ProgrammerSüdwestrundfunk2005 - 2006
Technologies: J2EE, Java, Swing, Hibernate, Ant, Eclipse
- Helped set up a large-scale database system using Enterprise JavaBeans technology and a Swing GUI Java-client used for data entry and query.
- Was in charge of setting up a robust build infrastructure using Ant and Eclipse and integrating the bug tracking system with the nightly build server.
- ResearcherDaimlerChrysler Research2004 - 2005
Technologies: Perl, Java
- Developed a thesis on "Rule-Based Data Quality Mining", describing how to use association rules for error discovery in very large unknown data sets and evaluating the effectiveness in synthetic as well as real-world applications.
- ProgrammerSüddeutscher Rundfunk1995 - 2003
Technologies: PL/I, C, TCP/IP, CGI, Java
- Added TCP/IP services to a legacy, mainframe-based database system to allow modern clients written in Java to connect to it.
- developed a CGI-based GUI and a Java class library.
- Programmerclara GmbH1998 - 1998
Technologies: Pascal, 4D
- Translated a class scheduling system for schools from Pascal into a database-specific proprietary programming language (4D).