João Carlos Procópio Florêncio
Verified Expert in Engineering
João is an entrepreneur with an MSc in computer science (machine learning) from the Universidade Federal de Pernambuco. Along with acquiring a certification in business administration from Insper, João has over ten years of demonstrable experience in successfully leading teams with the Agile methodology, software development, operational research, and co-founding bzTEX.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure, Visual Studio, Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've developed was a unique algorithm for a vehicle routing problem—an NP complete problem—achieving 10% savings with fleet expenditure.
- Integrated a system via a RESTful API using OAuth 2 authentication.
- Developed a system to manage small business appointments using React Native for the front end, calendar API integration, and client notifications via WhatsApp to send reminders about appointments. The back-end API was developed with GraphQL.
- Programmed scalable and secure APIs using JWT authentication and following best practices for RESTful patterns.
- Created Texas Tea Trader using React, Material UI, and Webpack for configuring the building process in the front end. Used a .NET Core, SQL Server in the back end, and RDS, EC2, S3, and CloudFront from AWS for the hosting infrastructure.
- Built an image processor with Azure Functions for a client so that they could consume it in their application.
- Developed integrations between CATS, an applicant tracking system, and HubSpot, a CRM platform, for a healthcare recruiting company. I used Node.js, containerized with Docker, and deployed the project in the Amazon Elastic Container Service.
- Consumed a webhook to receive real-time data from CATS and update it into HubSpot.
- Developed an algorithm in Python for optimizing work scheduling in Pfizer labs. The service was made available through a web API built with Flask.
- Created a full-stack decision-support system for schedule optimization and capacity planning projects.
- Used React, Apollo, EasyPeasy, and a React timeline calendar for the front end.
- Built the back end using Knex.js, NestJS, and GraphQL. We also used Hasura for the capacity planning project.
- Utilized Kubernetes, Docker's Compose, ESLint, and Jest for DevOps and coding processes.
Nissen Developer Services
- Contributed to features and fixes for Monti APM. The project used Svelte, Meteor, Node.js, and MongoDB and was written in TypeScript.
- Made front-end and back-end optimizations to process the data faster when it grew to contain millions of records.
- Discussed requirements and solutions with the product owner to determine the best strategies for evolving the system.
Beyond Financials Consulting SAS
- Co-wrote a business plan for a wealth management app, focusing on the technical aspects of the planning and assessing the related challenges.
- Designed the app and applied a high-level perspective to meet business requirements, including user demand and the service-level agreement.
- Calculated the time needed to deliver the application based on developers' availability and experience and according to the functional and non-functional requirements.
React Native Developer
- Developed a financial app's front end for Android, iOS, and web using React Native with Expo.
- Made local data persistence using Redux and Rematch.
- Added the internationalization (i18n) setup to support multiple languages.
- Designed and developed the first version of Texas Tea Trader, a system for managing product markups in the oil and gas industry.
- Built the back end using Microsoft SQL Server, C#, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, and Entity Framework Core.
- Integrated with financial software, including QuickBooks, the LTLC system, and DTN Energy, and used Power BI for displaying analytic views.
.NET Web Engineer
- Developed a system for Tulane University to integrate companies, faculties, and students. The solution was developed in ASP.NET MVC.
- Modeled a SQL Server database and connected it with the application using Entity Framework Core.
- Utilized Sass and Bootstrap UI to deliver styled-components.
- Designed and developed a fully functional web and mobile app using React and React Native, respectively. This helped candidates improve their interview skills by training via video conference with colleagues, coaches, and experts in the field.
- Developed and designed the back end using Node.js, Express.js, Mongoose ORM, and the non-relational database MongoDB.
- Designed an application following high scalability requirements. Built it with JWT authentication, a stateless server, and Docker containers to be managed with load balancers in the AWS ECS cluster environment.
- Created bidirectional communication using Socket.io to provide data synchronization in a live interview session.
- Built a payment method to buy premium subscriptions using Stripe.
- Created video conference features using WebRTC technology for web and mobile devices.
- Contributed to the planning and execution of a business strategy regarding client support and DevOps.
- Established a CI/CD process to ensure delivery quality and structure the IT employees' careers.
- Coordinated the support and development team using Agile principles.
- Identified and fixed critical bottlenecks in the system, which made it more stable and capable of recovering from adverse failures. Also redesigned the system architecture to meet future growth expectations.
- Utilized Firebase Cloud Messaging to establish communication between the server and mobile apps and guarantee push notifications delivery.
- Developed important new system features and redesigned others, focusing on the user experience.
- Collaborated with developing a RESTful and SOAP API so that third-party systems could connect. The API also contained webhooks for sending notifications.
- Made a web crawler for accessing the restricted area of a bank system, collecting data and automatically filling out forms, and submitting them. This was done both programmatically and using Selenium.
- Created the web application using various tools, including AngularJS, ASP.NET Web API, NHibernate, and Ninject.
- Built a native Android app using Java and Android SDK packages.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a patient's health quality evaluator, considering the employees' habits and disease history.
- Worked on test automation with PyTest for unit testing and CI/CD with Jenkins.
- Collaborated on the NoSQL database design using DynamoBD and a medical consultation module containing video conferencing using TokBox.
- Co-designed and co-developed a serverless application in Python using AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Amazon S3, and DynamoDB.
- Developed the routing algorithm applying combinatorial optimization and machine learning techniques, such as genetic algorithms, simulated annealing, Tabu search, and more.
- Elicited requirements and studied the impact of new features in the production environment.
- Led the development team and managed the projects using Agile methodologies.
- Created the UI for the transport management system application using WinForms.
MOC View Apphttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH2fad9tTn0
Go.On | FSM Systemhttps://goon.mobi
• Developed the BI for extracting and presenting relevant information about the field operation.
• Redesigned all UI experience in the mobile app.
• Improved the software architecture to solve several performance and stability issues that were compromising the software.
• Performed quality assurance and made many other minor improvements.
Technologies: AngularJS, C#, ASP.NET MVC
The app makes possible to separate the money for specific goals, even when the money is distributed in different investment accounts. The user can keep track and designate specific income streams (dividends and interest from various sources) to reach their long-term goals. Most long-term goals are eventually reached with a series of small deposits and this app helps a user to manage that.
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC
To run the demonstration, access "UniRay/bin/Debug" and find the executable "UniRay.exe." You will discover many input files in the same folder with the extension ".sdl." You can open them and note that there is only a simple description, no pixel-to-pixel information. To execute the program, choose one of the files and drag them to the executable. It will automatically generate an image according to the description of the file, and it will save a ".bmp" file in the same folder. It is also possible to generate your own image by changing the file. The objects are described as quadrics.
.NET, React Native, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, Entity 6, ASP.NET Core, Express.js, .NET Core, NestJS, Jest, gRPC, Redux, Next.js, Selenium, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), NHibernate, AngularJS, Ember.js, Flutter, Flask, Bootstrap, .NET 4, Svelte, MUI (Material UI)
React, Node.js, API Development, Google APIs, Entity Framework, React Native for Web, Socket.IO, Windows Forms (WinForms), Google Maps API, WhatsApp API, Stripe, WebRTC, REST APIs, Flexbox, Vue, NumPy, Pandas, JSON API, QuickBooks API
Agile, RESTful Development, Scrum, Mobile Development, DevOps, Data Science, Management, Microservices Architecture, Microservices, Requirements Analysis, Web Architecture, API Architecture, Automation, Cross-platform, Database Design
Web Crawlers, API Integration, Lean Startups, Startups, Architecture, Computer Science, APIs, Full-stack, Combinatorial Optimization, Front-end, Web Applications, CTO, Business Strategy, Intuit QuickBooks, Analytics, Leadership, Segment, HubSpot, Jitsi, FTP, API Gateways, Machine Learning, SOAP, Load Balancers, Data Engineering, Portuguese-English Translation, Serverless, Team Leadership, Robotics, Cloud Architecture, Requirements, Requirements & Specifications, Webhooks, Customer.io, Performance, Cloud, CSV, CSV Import, CSV Export, CSV File Processing, Amazon RDS, Video Streaming, Mobile Applications, Prototyping, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Mobile App Development, Data Scraping, Web Scraping, Advisory, SaaS, Technology Strategy & Architecture, Platforms, Coding
Jira, Expo, Knex.js, React Apollo, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Power BI, Visual Studio, Gulp, Pytest, MATLAB, Amazon Cognito, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Mongoose, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, LINQ to SQL, Jenkins, Celery, TokBox, Docker Compose, Git, GitHub, GitLab, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), RabbitMQ
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS Lambda, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Docker, NopCommerce, Windows, Linux, Amazon EC2, Blockchain, Ethereum, Firebase, Azure, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Kubernetes, BigBlueButton, Azure Functions, Meteor
Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server 2016, NoSQL, Google Cloud, Redis, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Redis Cache, Hasura, Databases, Neo4j, JSON
Certificate in Business Administration
Insper - São Paulo, Brazil
Master's Degree in Machine Learning
Federal University of Pernambuco - Recife, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Federal University of Pernambuco - Recife, Brazil