Ruby on Rails Developer for API Integrations2022 - 2022Topkey, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), APIs, PostgreSQL, Codat.io, Unit, Cloud66, DigitalOcean, Stimulus
- Implemented integration with Unit to onboard customers and issue and manage debit cards, and receive transaction information.
- Handled the implementation of integration with Codat to allow users to set up their accounting and export transactions.
- Set up CI with GitHub Actions for testing and linting multiple repositories.
- Built the staging and production environments with Cloud66 and Digital Ocean.
Senior Software Engineer (Contractor)2020 - 2022Quaderno
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Stimulus, Sidekiq, MySQL, Redis, RSpec, Capybara, Selenium, GitHub, Ruby, Agile, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CD), SQL, API Development, API Integration, Stripe, APIs, Full-stack, Unix, Git, Continuous Integration (CI), Kanban, REST
- Reduced the test build time by 50% by optimizing database cleaning and usage of Elasticsearch.
- Diagnosed and resolved memory issues that caused CI builds and deploys to become stuck.
- Introduced integration tests with Capybara and Selenium.
- Implemented 2-factor authentication for the platform administrators, and for the clients.
- Improved performance for public API endpoints by reducing and optimizing database operations.
- Automated the setup for users connecting their Quaderno account with Xero.
- Enabled the team to run migrations on its tables with dozens of millions of records.
Senior Software Engineer (Contractor)2020 - 2020FetLife
- Integrated the website's content and user reporting functionality with Help Scout.
- Expanded the functionality of a user blocking another one to be reflected in all areas of the website, including comments on the content of users unrelated to the block, and mentions of the blocked user.
- Improved the integration between the repository containing the main application and another repository with the community guidelines defined in YAML to make user and content reporting more configurable by the moderation team.
- Implemented redesigned responsive versions of the existing pages, including image and video upload pages.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2020
- Ensured GDPR compliance by stopping the storage of unnecessary personal data, and implementing personal data downloading and deletion.
- Migrated some services from Ruby on Rails 4 to Ruby on Rails 5.
- Added image and video updates for company profiles.
- Integrated company profiles into the company's iOS app via WebView.
- Improved the user experience of recruiter tools by allowing them to perform bulk actions on candidates.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2017Novicap
Technologies: REST, Testing, Agile, GitHub, Amazon Web Services (AWS), RSpec, Heroku, Git, PostgreSQL, Redux, React, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, SQL, Full-stack, Unix, Pair Programming
- Migrated the accounting system to a new double-entry system.
- Improved the GitFlow and code-review culture in the company.
Consultant2017 - 2017MovingWorlds
Technologies: Bitbucket, REST, Agile, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, HTML, PostgreSQL, Node.js, SQL, Full-stack, Unix
- Maintained the platform at a point where no developers had been working on it for months.
- Optimized back-end admin panels to accommodate the platform activity.
- Fixed critical bugs that were disrupting the operations team and the users.
- Hired and onboarded a long-term maintainer for the platform.
Software Engineer2014 - 2017Seedrs
- Worked on financial reconciliation mechanisms with credit card payments and currency transfers.
- Implemented a site-wide responsive redesign with a gradual page per page release.
- Built the legal compliance mechanisms according to the UK's FCA requirements.
- Contributed to the development of a platform for the operations team to review crowdfunding pitches sentence by sentence.
- Created a dashboard for entrepreneurs to manage their crowdfunding campaigns.