Verified Expert in Engineering
João is a resourceful software engineer passioned about keeping up with the latest technologies and trends. Having experience in developing and maintaining live process management applications for major insurance and financial companies, João is now focused on working with frameworks such as React and Node.js in the development of web applications to solve real-world problems.
Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a tool to collect and perform sentiment analysis on tweets and news titles trying to predict NASDAQ stock market fluctuations.
- Created a web application in React and Node.js for users to manage personal collections for a popular online game.
- Worked in the maintenance of a Vue.js and Node.js web application used to store and manage information related to different BPM processes.
- Developed highly modular and generic Vue.js components to support fast-growing applications with a flexible scope.
- Supported an application to manage the refund process for a large US insurance company. It included generating and sending letters for all communication as well as the calculation and settlement of the refund amount.
- Developed an application where users are able to produce engagement letters from a list of predefined templates. After the document is ready it goes through an approval process before it's sent.
- Created a set of automated acceptance tests for a web application, using the FitNesse test framework to ensure no regressions occur after a new deployment.
- Worked on the migration of an API from a large financial institution dealing with processes such as national transfers, deposits, withdrawals, Forex, and credit.
- Developed an application for a major international payment gateway regarding the generation of regulatory reports.
Institute for Systems and Robotics - FEUP
- Created an Android mobile application to interact with a Sensor Cloud infrastructure where users could see both real-time and historical machine data. This application supported QR Code and NFC to connect with a specific machine.
- Developed a tool where users were able to use their smartphone built-in sensors to calibrate the movement of a robotic arm.
Sentiment Analysis of Tweets and News to the Financial Market
Industrial Mobile App for a Sensor Cloud
Node.js, React, Vue, jQuery
LaTeX, Postman, Mongoose, Git, Jira, IBM BPM, Android Studio, MQTT
MUI (Material UI), Express.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Android SDK, Bootstrap
REST, Agile, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Linux, Android, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows, Appian
MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Faculty of Engineering of University of Porto - Porto, Portugal
Node.js: The Complete Guide to Build RESTful APIs (2018)
Appian Designer Certificate
IBM Business Process Manager v8.5.7 Application