- Web DeveloperThinkProcess2016 - PRESENT
Technologies: Vue.js, Node.js, MongoDB, HTML5, CSS3
- Implemented a web-based business process management system that allows management, visualization, and reporting of business processes and supporting documents.
- Developed the front-end using ES6 and Vue.js 2.x with a focus on component re-usability.
- Used Node.js and MongoDB for the back-end.
- Built complex data models with MongoDB, including tree structures.
- Integrated and customized a BPMN diagram editor.
- Full-stack DeveloperAgri-Esprit, SA2014 - PRESENT
- Developed a library to display notifications and alerts from a server on certain pages according to categories using WebSockets.
- Evaluated a big data storage and data mining tool to work with massive collections of data in the domain of large-scale agriculture.
- Implemented a framework for web front-end testing using CasperJS, specific to the company's software product.
- Worked on data visualizations and a process management editor using the BPMN notation.
- Data Scientist/Data Visualization ExpertnuOctave2014 - 2014
- Implemented a fully featured graphical widget to allow a user to build a logical query by wiring a given list of base conditions and logical nodes such as AND/OR, using just basic SVG shapes and D3.js.
- Implemented interactions with several different APIs to build interactive front-end sections of the web app.
- Implemented a Python application to explore and analyze pattern data.
- Researcher/PhD StudentINESC-ID2012 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Machine Learning, PHP, jQuery, D3.js
- Developed a state-of-the-art machine learning approach to sentiment analysis using Python and Sklearn.
- Developed of a web page for data visualization and dissemination using PHP, jQuery, and HighCharts.
- Created a state-of-the-art machine learning-based approach to infer demographic attributes of the author of a given text using Python and Sklearn.
- Co-developed a webpage to showcase different text-mining tools using Python, Bootstrap, jQuery, and D3.js.
- Co-developed rich data visualizations for interconnected political mandates using D3.js.
- Undergraduate ResearcherIT Porto (via Carnegie Mellon University - Portugal Programme)2009 - 2012
- Developed a C/Python application to perform and log Bluetooth discoveries.
- Created data analysis tools for Bluetooth data using Python.
- Planned a city-wide deployment of Bluetooth traffic scanners.
- Developed a server-side application to receive and store remote Bluetooth logs using PHP.