- Director of EngineeringToptal, LLC2017 - 2018
Technologies: Internal Tools
- Performed a key operational role within the company, as part of a team, by understanding client requirements and matching them with the best talent in the network.
- Helped shape and improve the operational processes of the company.
- Co-developed and tested new screening processes and development specializations to ensure the highest standards of talent quality in new areas.
- Managed several accounts for SMB and Enterprise clients all over the world.
- Supported and advised talent working with clients.
- Lead Web DeveloperThinkProcess2016 - 2017
Technologies: Vue.js, Node.js, MongoDB
- Implemented a web-based business process management system that allows management, visualization, and reporting of business processes and supporting documents.
- Developed the front-end using ES6 and Vue.js 2.x with a focus on component re-usability.
- Used Node.js and MongoDB for the back-end.
- Built complex data models with MongoDB, including tree structures.
- Integrated and customized a BPMN diagram editor.
- Full-stack Developer/Data ScientistAgri-Esprit, SA2014 - 2017
- Implemented a framework for building complex agronomic models to evaluate crop status and recommend suitable actions.
- Evaluated a big data storage and data mining tool to work with massive collections of data in the domain of large-scale agriculture.
- Implemented a framework for web front-end testing using CasperJS, specific to the company's software product.
- Worked on data visualizations and a process management editor using the BPMN notation.
- Data Scientist/Data Visualization ExpertnuOctave2014 - 2014
- Implemented a fully featured graphical widget to allow a user to build a logical query by wiring a given list of base conditions and logical nodes such as AND/OR, using just basic SVG shapes and D3.js.
- Implemented interactions with several different APIs to build interactive front-end sections of the web app.
- Implemented a Python application to explore and analyze pattern data.
- Researcher/PhD CandidateINESC-ID2012 - 2014
Technologies: Python, Machine Learning, PHP, jQuery, D3.js
- Developed a state-of-the-art machine learning approach to sentiment analysis using Python and Sklearn.
- Developed of a web page for data visualization and dissemination using PHP, jQuery, and HighCharts.
- Created a state-of-the-art machine learning-based approach to infer demographic attributes of the author of a given text using Python and Sklearn.
- Co-developed a web page to showcase different text-mining tools using Python, Bootstrap, jQuery, and D3.js.
- Co-developed rich data visualizations for interconnected political mandates using D3.js.
- Undergraduate ResearcherIT Porto (via Carnegie Mellon University - Portugal Programme)2009 - 2012
- Developed a C/Python application to perform and log Bluetooth discoveries.
- Created data analysis tools for Bluetooth data using Python.
- Planned a city-wide deployment of Bluetooth traffic scanners.
- Developed a server-side application to receive and store remote Bluetooth logs using PHP.