Senior Researcher | Lead Developer2017 - PRESENTLIACC — Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science Laboratory
Technologies: Simulations, Agent-based Modeling, Project Management, Gitblit, Python, Trello, C#, Unity, Architecture, 3D, .NET
- Worked as a post-doc researcher and led and managed the development team of an international EU H2020 driving simulation project (SIMUSAFE):.
- Coordinated tasks with other teams and participated in workshops and consortium meetings;
- Established an Agile workflow using Trello, Slack, and Gitblit.
- Built a data-driven pedestrian behavior model using Unity and Python.
- Implemented two VR cockpits: one for pedestrians and another for car drivers.
- Developed a multi-user networked simulator, populated with both artificial populations and real-world users.
Developer2010 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Responsible for contacting potential clients, gathering requirements, identifying talents, assembling and managing teams, creating budgets and proposals, developing and deploying several solutions, mostly targeting web and mobile.
- Designed, developed, and published SnapYou, a photo-op mobile application (Android/iOS); was responsible for the Android version programming and project coordination (five people).
- Designed, developed, and published MelhorTarifa, an electricity/gas tariff simulator mobile application (Android/iOS). Responsible for Android version programming and project coordination (three people), budget drafting, and client relations.
- Designed, developed, published, and maintained BSAnimal ES/PT, a pet blood transfusion app (Android/iOS). Responsible for the Android version, up until 2019. Managed a team of three, budget, client relations, and user acceptance testing.
- Developed and implemented Freeqs, a location-based game MVP made in Unity for mobile devices for the company I.me.mine. The team was comprised of two programmers and one 3D artist.
- Developed solely PresentR, an Android Wear presentation assistant application.
- Designed, developed, and deployed an internal tool: a web-based children's park layout tool, based on Laravel and Three.js; it was capable of creating geo-referenced parks, verifying their safety area compliance, and more.
- Developed an interactive 360° experience (front-end and back-end) solution, using Laravel and Aframe for Ground Control Studios.
- Constructed the UPORTO Alumni website, based on WordPress.
- Served as the lead architect and developer of the mobile Adapttech MVP app. The application was developed in Unity3D and communicated with sensors via BT.
Professor2018 - 2020Universidade Lusófona do Porto
Technologies: Gameplay Development, Game Development, Version Control Systems, Design Patterns, C#, HLSL, Computer Graphics, 3D
- Worked as a regent professor for the classes of Programming II (C#)—focusing on gameplay programming of simple games in Unity—and computer graphics—focusing on theoretical and practical aspects of CG.
- Created class materials (both slides, exercises and examples).
- Developed simple games and some live coding challenges to motivate students.
Lecturer | Tutor2018 - 2019UPORTO (FBAUP), Faculty of Fine Arts
- Responsible for the modules “Implementation and Prototyping” and “Project” in the “Curso de Especialização em Design de Interação Web e Jogos.”.
- Supervised students in designing the prototype (vertical) of their own project. These could be mobile applications, games, or web apps.
- Coordinated with other teachers and TAs to ensure that the prototype was following the previously defined specifications and that their main features were implemented.
- Proposed user test scenarios and metrics to ascertain the effectiveness of the implemented design.
- Prepared class materials and exercises to suit the students' needs (e.g. if a student wanted to develop a game in Stencyl, a short tutorial was prepared).
Senior Researcher | Lead Developer2017 - 2018INESC TEC | Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology, and Science
Technologies: Trello, Slack, Game Tools Development, Analytics, HTML5, Bootstrap, Laravel, Laragon, Architecture, 3D
- Worked as a post-doc researcher and managed and led the local development team of an international H2020 EU e-learning project (BEACONING):.
- Coordinated tasks with other partners, focused on interoperability, and participated in workshops and consortium meetings.
- Implemented an Agile workflow using Trello, Slack, and Skype.
- Integrated a student game data analytics platform.
- Designed and implemented the game authoring tool using Laravel, Bootstrap, and HTML5.
Developer | Researcher2011 - 2016INESC TEC | Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology, and Science
Technologies: PHP, Bullet, Microsoft Kinect, Unity, GIS, Location-aware Technology, HLSL, OpenGL, C++, C#, Architecture, 3D, .NET
- Responsible for usability testing of the project "CNG – Next Generation Contents" (a Unity3D based serious game) and the development of certain game components (such as menus and asset streaming).
- Developed and architected solely the project “StableCargo,” a physics-based container-loading problem simulator (C++, OpenGL, and BulletPhysics).
- Researched and developed a Unity-based location-based game and underlying framework for a media-arts-and-technology project.
- Developed a geographic data-fusion API for location-based games.
Invited Lecturer | TA2010 - 2016UPORTO (FEUP), Faculty of Engineering
Technologies: Java, C#, Unity, OpenGL, Scheme, C++
- Taught several classes, such as Intro to Programming (Scheme), Programming II (C++), Computer Graphics (C++/OpenGL), Computation Theory, 3D Animation, and Graphical Systems, Media Lab, and Media Technologies.
- Developed content, tools, and libraries, such as CGFLIB (an OpenGL graphics library for teaching computer graphics) and FPROAutoEval (an SMTP Java service for the automatic grading of student exercises and exams via email).
- Supported, supervised, and proposed several class exercises and exams, as well as master theses.
Platform Architect | Lead Developer2014 - 2015UPORTO (FEUP), Faculty of Engineering
- Worked as a contract developer for the Nutriscience platform: a website (Laravel) integrated with WebGL games (Unity) and Moodle.
- Developed a game data analytics platform (PHP-based) for students and serious games for student integration.
- Designed and implemented the entire platform from the web API, database schema, to the game design and cross-authentication with a custom version of Moodle.
- Coordinated the local team which consisted of two designers and a junior developer.
Junior Intern2009 - 2010NDrive
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Xcode, C++, Objective-C, 3D
- Identified bugs, particularly when exiting or uninstalling the app.
- Participated in the core team's daily Scrum sessions and entered a few sprints.
- Designed and implemented a mechanism for drawing building footprint's shadows.
- Designed and implemented a solution for drawing building façades.