Verified Expert in Engineering
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
The most amazing...
...job I've worked on had me leading a team on a core workflow app while also working on satellite projects that solved interesting and specialized problems.
- Managed a team of teachers serving a class with responsibilities including assigning mentorship, solving day-to-day student issues, running team training, and delivering performance reviews.
- Lectured daily on a myriad of programming topics, including web development fundamentals, advanced tools, and general computer science concepts.
- Created and contributed to internal workflow products, such as student management systems, automated grading tools, and many student-facing codebases.
- Mentored, reviewed, and debugged over 200 student and team final projects involving various technologies and tools.
Lead Front-end Software Engineer
- Worked with data scientists to develop applications to analyze and report highly specialized data with complex constraints.
- Created and maintained many client-facing projects, including language translation management tools, ad-hoc marketing experiences, and highly-controlled data pipeline APIs.
- Was hired as the third instructor in the company Planned and led many first-time programs.
- Helped develop the base curriculum for the immersive program, including being a major contributor to refactors from MongoDB to SQL and Angular to React.
- Managed a team of instructors working across multiple cohorts and programs.
- Served as a major contributor to the company's flagship product that provided live and on-demand educational resources to the general public.
- Designed and created an interactive course experience platform for real-time streaming and many embedded learning tools.
- Implemented hardware-based solutions in the company's physical production studio, including sensors, lighting controls, monitoring, and other stream management integrations.
- Worked with senior developers to quickly learn and become a major contributor to two major public-facing web applications.
- Implemented a version management system in the developer workflow.
Wake Up, Felix!https://gamejolt.com/games/wakeupfelix/725797
Wake Up, Felix is a fast-paced arcade game that mixes 2D and 3D graphics for a visual effect that feels old and modern at once.
This game was made in Three.js with custom camera and movement controls. It includes using advanced Three.js concepts like post-processing and custom GLSL shaders.
Have fun and reach out to me if you need a hint :)
Here are some unlisted videos if you want more content:
-Movie watchlist live coding:
Part one: youtu.be/zqCSA8Q0zf0
Part 2: https://youtu.be/qtZuSSv3UcA
Operations Management System for Global Data Aggregation
I was the lead developer for the client-side applications of this system, built with React with Apollo Client. Information was retrieved from a GraphQL-interface server written in Python.
This larger system also typically required bespoke solutions that I planned and created alone or in teams of two. This included thoroughly-designed auto-generated PDF reports with embedded SVG data visualizations, a desktop application for managing language translation schemas, and several geo-map interfaces.
I planned the technical details of the event, gave the opening lecture and demonstration of the materials, helped support and debug projects throughout the day, and gave out prizes to winning teams.
Although initially planned as a one-off, the success of the event led to it being a regular occurrence.
Software Bootcamp Learning Management System
Accredited Online Learning Platform for Legal Professionalshttps://lawline.com
I led the client-side implementation of an interactive course center feature where users view on-demand or live-stream learning content. It included features like embedded slide decks, note taking, chats with other students and instructors during live sessions, view-mode switching, and other interface-driven features.
Zoom Classroom Lecture Recording on Data Structureshttps://youtu.be/v8Q11u3-B7s
React, Node.js, D3.js, jQuery, Three.js, WebGL
Git, Flow, React Apollo, GitHub, Mongoose
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
Student Engagement, Web Development, Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), Apollo, Geographic Information Systems, Maps, Classroom-based Instruction, Game Development, Graphic Design, Full-stack Development, Kaboom.js, Servers, Machine Learning, Microcontrollers
Electron, Angular, Flask, Laravel, CodeIgniter, Jest, Express.js