WordPress Developer2012 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: SCSS, jQuery, CSS, HTML, PHP, WordPress, HTML5, MySQL
- Developed multiple custom WordPress plugins to ensure a simple and consistent editing experience.
- Integrated multiple off-the-shelf solutions and built numerous custom solutions to integrate third-party tools and APIs with WordPress.
- Configured and optimized WordPress to ensure the whole platform was running as securely as possible by following industry best practices.
- Integrated SSO into a WordPress site to ensure users' consistent and secure authentication process.
- Built a range of Gutenberg blocks to provide site admins with a simple and flexible way to add new content while maintaining brand consistency.
- Maintained multiple sites after completion to ensure everything continued to perform reliably and securely.
- Worked with teams large and small to plan, build and support a range of projects from start to finish.
WordPress/Front-end Developer2020 - 2020Toptal Client
- Worked with the client to identify capabilities and concerns of plugins to ensure the right decisions were made from the start.
- Leveraged the power of WordPress to quickly create an MVP so the client could quickly test their idea with a working prototype.
- Built a completely custom WordPress theme to match the provided Figma designs.
- Configured a WordPress plugin to import content every day from various sources.
- Built a custom account area to provide users with a simple way to manage their preferences and settings.
- Added the ability for users to sign in with a range of different providers like Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
WordPress Developer2020 - 2020Toptal Client
Technologies: Training & Training Content Development, Training, WP Engine, Avada, WordPress
- Worked with the client to explore a range of different options on using WordPress to achieve their goals.
- Rebuilt two old sites onto WordPress using the Avada theme.
- Set up custom user roles to ensure each admin could only see what was relevant to them.
- Migrated two websites to WP Engine without any downtime.
- Provided training to the client on how to use the new sites.
WordPress Developer2019 - 2020Freelance
- Assisted with pragmatically migrating years of content from Drupal to WordPress.
- Configured WooCommerce to sell various products, including a recurring subscription service.
- Configured GiveWP to accept donations in a multitude of different ways.
- Built a custom theme that improved upon the previous iteration of the website.
- Customized the back end of WordPress to ensure an easy-to-use editing experience.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2019Freelance
- Designed over 25 websites for non-profits around the world.
- Developed over 80 websites for non-profits from around the world.
- Integrated a range of third-party services like Google Maps, Zendesk, and Help Scout.