Joe Harrison Cooper
Verified Expert in Engineering
Joe is a freelance developer specializing in WordPress based projects. He has over 7 years of remote experience, where he worked directly with his own clients as well as alongside freelancers and agencies from all around the world. He believes the key to every successful project is regular communication, ensuring every part of the project is understood, and delivering work that exceeds expectations.
Git, WP Engine, WordPress, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
The most amazing...
...project I've been involved with was a set of custom plugins that delivered a completely tailored editing experience for a non-profit organization.
- Developed multiple custom WordPress plugins to ensure a simple and consistent editing experience.
- Integrated multiple off-the-shelf solutions and built numerous custom solutions to integrate third-party tools and APIs with WordPress.
- Configured and optimized WordPress to ensure the whole platform was running as securely as possible by following industry best practices.
- Integrated SSO into a WordPress site to ensure users' consistent and secure authentication process.
- Built a range of Gutenberg blocks to provide site admins with a simple and flexible way to add new content while maintaining brand consistency.
- Maintained multiple sites after completion to ensure everything continued to perform reliably and securely.
- Worked with teams large and small to plan, build and support a range of projects from start to finish.
- Worked with the client to identify capabilities and concerns of plugins to ensure the right decisions were made from the start.
- Leveraged the power of WordPress to quickly create an MVP so the client could quickly test their idea with a working prototype.
- Built a completely custom WordPress theme to match the provided Figma designs.
- Configured a WordPress plugin to import content every day from various sources.
- Built a custom account area to provide users with a simple way to manage their preferences and settings.
- Added the ability for users to sign in with a range of different providers like Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Worked with the client to explore a range of different options on using WordPress to achieve their goals.
- Rebuilt two old sites onto WordPress using the Avada theme.
- Set up custom user roles to ensure each admin could only see what was relevant to them.
- Migrated two websites to WP Engine without any downtime.
- Provided training to the client on how to use the new sites.
- Assisted with pragmatically migrating years of content from Drupal to WordPress.
- Configured WooCommerce to sell various products, including a recurring subscription service.
- Configured GiveWP to accept donations in a multitude of different ways.
- Built a custom theme that improved upon the previous iteration of the website.
- Customized the back end of WordPress to ensure an easy-to-use editing experience.
- Designed over 25 websites for non-profits around the world.
- Developed over 80 websites for non-profits from around the world.
- Integrated a range of third-party services like Google Maps, Zendesk, and Help Scout.
Student Dashboard and Social Network for Major University
The website was powered by WordPress, a handful of plugins, and was heavily customized. It is integrated directly with the university's single sign-on (SSO) system.
The main features of the website:
Students were able to earn points by completing online and offline activities.
• Students could redeem earned points in exchange for university merchandise.
• Students could interact with other students through friend requests, groups, and private messaging.
• University staff were able to bulk import data into the site.
Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Git
WordPress, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WooCommerce, Drupal
Gravity Forms, WooCommerce Subscriptions 2, Avada, Turbolinks, WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins, Training, Training & Training Content Development, GamiPress
jQuery, jQuery UI, BuddyPress
WP Engine, MySQL