Verified Expert in Engineering
Joe has been developing websites and web apps for 15 years. He is a full-stack developer doing front end, back end, databases, and DevOps work. Lately, Joe has been focusing more on the front end and enjoys working on tooling like DevOps and CI/CD pipelines.
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is an offline piece of hardware that was a web app built into a router to use without Internet access.
Blue River Technology – Shasta (Robotics)
- Converted the previous website to a new React version.
- Added large amounts of Cypress-automated tests to increase confidence in the refactor work.
- Collaborated closely with the business and design teams to develop a new UX.
- Developed a new functionality using React components and microservices REST APIs.
- Added unit testing and end-to-end testing coverage to new and existing functionalities.
- Pioneered the migration of two teams to a new mono-repository platform, including updating code architecture to take advantage of a new platform.
- Managed deployments and various release activities.
- Created a new web platform for internal use by employees in stores.
- Assisted in the migration of an employee app from Xamarin to React native.
- Added an initial testing framework for the new platform.
- Led a team of developers in creating a new digital services product for a company that previously worked in physical products only.
- Designed and implemented a system to export and sync data from the previous NetSuite database to a new Node.js and PostgresSQL product.
- Implemented automated testing for core business code.
- Designed a rules engine to determine minimum wage based on various criteria.
- Designed and implemented a React component library.
- Implemented high-performance UX designs that had to parse large amounts of data and still remain performant.
- Added large amounts of automated testing coverage to new and existing code.
Product Development Manager
- Created a custom hardware solution to provide an offline system that creates a custom internal network, which hundreds of thousands of users used.
- Developed a heavily customizable, data-driven HTML5 web app and Node.js server to collect and report on custom data, including HIPAA-protected data.
- Built an upgrade of an HTML5 app to use a modern stack, including React, Redux for view, Mocha, Sinon and Chai for testing, REST API, Webpack for bundling, and Docker for deployment.
Senior Interactive Developer
- Built Drupal commerce sites with the custom import of data.
- Used Drupal features and installed profiles to create deployable versions of sites.
- Created an automated testing platform for PHP and .NET projects using Jenkins.
- Tested using Aegir to automatically build, deploy, and test Drupal site versions during development.
- Designed and implemented a file and database backup system for development machines.
- Managed Linux and Internet Information Services (IIS) development and automated machines.
StatBridge Hardware Development
This allowed our clients to use our web app in places without Internet availability. The hardware could also connect to the internet to receive software updates, track billing, and configuration changes.
The app was also highly customizable, allowing each client to uniquely tailor the app to their needs, from custom questions, workflows, and reports.
Node.js, React, REST APIs, React Router, React Redux, Chai, AWS Amplify, Chart.js, Passport.js
Agile, Unit Testing, Microservices, REST, Testing, HIPAA Compliance, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Agile Sprints, Debugging, Full-stack, Web Development, APIs, Front-end, Full-stack Development, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Architecture, API Integration, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), CI/CD Pipelines, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Team Leadership, Technical Architecture, Integration Testing, Dashboard Development, NetSuite, Hardware Design, Networking, WebSockets, Lambda Functions, Axios
Next.js, MUI (Material UI), Express.js, Redux, Swagger, Cypress, React Native, Jest, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
Babel, GitHub, Postman, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, Figma, Webpack
Docker, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Drupal, AWS Lambda, Webflow
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB