Machine Learning and Software Engineer2020 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Python, PyTorch
- Published a multi-agent reinforcement learning paper at ICML with Huawei.
- Deployed TensorFlow audio models to a Raspberry Pi using TensorFlow Lite. The audio was detected using a directional microphone and would allow the attached camera to focus on areas with anomalous sounds.
- Developed a demonstrator of the UK highways traffic data that provides real-time information about the states of the roads to enable operators to more quickly detect and respond to congestions and accidents.
- Created a Python Flask back end running on AWS to allow shoppers to offset their products' carbon through Shopify.
Machine Learning Research Lead2020 - 2021BIOS.health
Technologies: Machine Learning, PyTorch
- Developed a pipeline for analyzing peripheral nervous system data.
- Created an iOS Watch app for assessing patients' ability to perform a six-minute walk test.
- Managed a team of 6 ML researchers, engineers, and neural scientists.
Machine Learning Team Lead2017 - 2020PROWLER.io/ Secondmind.ai
Technologies: Statistics, Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Created a time series modeling library in TensorFlow for developing Gaussian Process models with faster inference through stochastic differential equation techniques.
- Took responsibility for taking Gaussian process models from research code into a finance product using Kubernetes, Docker, and Airflow.
- Implemented neural network-based algorithms in TensorFlow that led to paper publications at machine learning conferences as part of the multi-agent reinforcement learning team.
- Served as the technical lead for a logistics time series forecasting customer project.
- Managed the professional development of several machine learning engineers and performed interviews and coding test reviews as part of the recruitment process.
Senior Embedded Software Engineer2013 - 2016Cambridge Consultants
Technologies: Embedded C, C, Consulting
- Developed a satellite remote sensing camera for the Zoological Society of London to study animals and prevent poaching, using an Atmel AVR and Raspberry Pi. The camera was deployed in Kenya and Antarctica.
- Created a virtual queuing wristband for theme parks involving NFC, Bluetooth, and LoRa on a Nordic nRF52 (based on a ARM Cortex M4). See Portfolio Projects for more information.
- Created iPad app for asset tracking for the placement of US internet cables for a telecommunications company.
- Developed a Bluetooth Low Energy EpiPen iPhone app, that guided users through how to perform an injection.
- Developed the firmware of a demonstrator of an energy harvested Bluetooth enabled insulin injector. This device was capable of communicating dosage amount to a smartphone, using only the energy from physically injecting the insulin.
- Wrote a tool to automatically generate C code for Bluetooth LE profiles for a semiconductor company.
- Developed Bluetooth audio applications using CSR hardware (now part of Qualcomm).