Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2018SparkMeter
Technologies: Python, Flask, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Heroku, AWS, SymmetricDS, Docker, Angular, CSS, HTML5
- Designed and implemented an asynchronous replication system using PostgreSQL/SymmetricDS for low bandwidth, high-latency clients.
- Ported an existing application over from MongoDB to PostgreSQL—archiving a 100x performance improvement in many cases.
- Implemented billing and dynamic tariffs for metering energy used by customers.
- Improved the product quality by adding unit tests for close to 100% code coverage and added integration testing using Nightwatch.js to automate the QA.
- Packaged Python applications using Wheel and Docker for automated deployment and simplified testing used by the QA.
DevOps Engineer2014 - 2015Audience
Technologies: Gerrit, Jenkins, Android NDK, Python, Robot Framework
- Designed and implemented a continuous integration system using Gerrit and Jenkins.
- Planned, designed, and built a hardware testing lab for running kernel audio drivers tests on DragonBoard using the Android and Robot framework.
- Planned and implemented release scripts for the handling of the internal software releases of the audience source driver for the Android Linux Kernel.
- Migrated Git repositories from Gitolite to Gerrit.
Software Engineer2001 - 2014Async Open Source
Technologies: Python, GTK+, PostgreSQL
- Designed and implemented an open-source POS system using Python and GTK+.
- Conducted contracting work for Nokia by implementing a GTK+ XML parser to construct user interfaces components (GtkBuilder).
- Improved Bugzilla by doing contracting work for NASA and Mozilla.
- Maintained the Python GTK+ binding and did major architectural work like separating the lower level parts (GObject, ATK, Pango) from a high-level (GTK, Glade).
- Gave several speeches about the SVN revisioning control system for graduate school classes at the University of São Paulo (USP).
Software Engineer2008 - 2013Litl
- Maintained the GObject Introspection language binding framework for GNOME.
- Designed and implemented a web application for interacting with an application-tracking system (AST).
- Installed and maintained a continuous integration environment based on Gerrit and Jenkins for the projects developed at Litl.
- Wrote server side software for storing OS data in Python using Google App Engine and Django.
Software Engineer2004 - 2004Fluendo
Technologies: Python, GStreamer, GTK+, GNOME
- Wrote an open-source streaming video and audio server using, Python, Twisted, GStreamer, and GTK+.
- Maintained the Python GStreamer bindings.
- Improved the GNOME Sound Recorder by using GStreamer in more efficient ways.
- Wrote a Nintendo Sound File (NSF) decoder for the GStreamer framework.
- Tested the video server during KDE and GNOME conferences.