Full-stack Engineer2020 - PRESENTCalm.com
- Built an email scheduler that runs as a cron job to ensure pertinent emails are received without duplication, using Node.js and PostgreSQL.
- Used Gulp.js with PostCSS and Sass plugins to build pixel-perfect stylesheets, written in SCSS and overlaid on intake forms.
- Wrote unit and integration tests, using Mocha and Chai to prevent regression.
Software Engineer2020 - 2020Ark Behavioral Health
- Authored an AWS service orchestration script using TypeScript to parallelize the generation of the static data required by our statically built web applications and improved build time by an exponential factor.
- Wrote unit, integration, and end-to-end (E2E) tests for the Express.js back end and React components on the front end, using Cypress and Jest to improve test coverage.
- Collaborated with the design team to implement pixel-perfect responsive designs using CSS3, media queries, flexbox, CSS Modules, and a Sass preprocessor.
- Performed cross-browser testing to ensure that React, Gatsby, or Next.js application code was properly polyfilled and working as expected on various browsers and operating systems.
- Utilized the Google DevTools Lighthouse feature to gather information related to performance, SEO, best practices, and accessibility, and implemented suggestions to improve the search engine position.
- Maintained the infrastructure on AWS that consisted of various Elastic Beanstalk environments, CI/CD pipelines, and supporting services.
- Used the React DevTools Performance Profiler to gain a finer-grain understanding of component rendering lifecycles and implemented performance optimizations where possible.
Software Engineer2018 - 2020WeCampaign
- Developed a 27,000-page, full-stack directory application with geospatial search capabilities using React, Redux, Express.js, PostgreSQL, Docker, and AWS.
- Improved performance of web applications by identifying rendering bottlenecks through the use of the React DevTools Performance Profiler.
- Increased accessibility of React components that lacked semantic HTML5 tags by applying ARIA labels and WAI-ARIA roles, properties, and states.
- Styled React components with pixel-perfect accuracy and added a responsive layout with CSS3, Sass, and CSS Modules.
- Performed single page application-based SEO research and implemented best practices using React-based static site generators, Next.js, and Gatsby.
- Implemented various data collection scripts, using Selenium to automate the gathering of actionable data.
- Constructed continuous delivery pipelines on AWS using CodePipeline and CodeDeploy to automatically deploy changes made to application code.
Software Engineer/Systems Engineer2018 - 2019JustHive
- Collaborated with the development and design teams to build a React/Redux-based user portal that interfaced with RESTful APIs to perform changes to user content.
- Migrated HTML4 to HTML5 by replacing divs with semantic tags wherever possible.
- Worked directly with the CEO and CTO to deconstruct complex features into actionable, prioritized tasks with estimated timelines.
- Built and maintained 10+ microservices that exposed REST APIs written with Express.js to support various aspects of the application.
- Managed and expanded cloud infrastructure on AWS, which included Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, Elastic Container Registry, Simple Queue Service, Simple Notification Service, Cognito, and X-Ray.
- Developed a cryptocurrency for the company's initial coin offering (ICO) on Ethereum's blockchain.
Hacker-in-Residence2017 - 2017App Academy
Technologies: Redux, React
- Led a team that implemented an improved UI and better logic, using React/Redux for the App Academy admissions dashboard, which created an intuitive user experience.
- Refactored portions of the codebase from Embedded Ruby to React/Redux.
- Guided web developer student applicants through technical interviews while assessing algorithmic thinking and providing constructive feedback.
10x Club Teaching Assistant2017 - 2017App Academy
- Assisted an instructor with teaching algorithms, data structures, and interview skills to experienced software engineers.
- Oversaw whiteboarding to ensure students learned proper form and implemented optimal solutions.
- Provided graduates with ongoing resume and portfolio support as they applied to and interviewed with various companies.