Senior Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTExo
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, GraphQL, Vue.js
- Worked with a small team to design, build, and maintain a Rails application for securely delivering proprietary data to clients.
- Implemented a Sidekiq background job queue to process thousands of large, high-quality photos with ImageMagick.
- Progressively converted a vanilla Rails application (using server-rendered ERB templates with sprinkles of JQuery) to Vue.js components, powered by a GraphQL API, via TDD with Jest and RSpec.
- Administered services running on AWS, including: S3 for photo storage, RDS for Postgres databases, and EC2 instances running Nginx and Puma.
- Managed deployments to multiple environments with Git and Capistrano.
Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTCorporate Technologies Advantage
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, RSpec, React, Postgres, Nginx
- Created a user management system to sync user account information across various systems using Ruby on Rails.
- Integrated with internal and external data sources to produce call center performance reports using Rails APIs and React.
- Managed a Rails platform for organizing and locating call recordings.
- Administered Postgres databases and Ubuntu servers running Phusion Passenger on Nginx for Rails servers.
- Created numerous proprietary and open-source Ruby gems for logic shared across applications.