Verified Expert in Engineering
Reverse Engineering Developer
John has over ten years of experience developing for Apple platforms. He strives to communicate well and effectively, has worked in teams of varying sizes from large-scale one-person projects to projects with up to a dozen developers. John has many open source contributions, including creating one of the most popular Swift projects on GitHub.
Sketch, Git, Xcode, MacOS
The most amazing...
...app I've made is one that brought reverse engineering to the masses, and let people create and share projects with no coding experience, all through a UI.
- Created a dynamic Objective-C hooking platform. Using three distinct assembly architectures, ARM, ARM64, and x86-64.
- Constructed an intuitive way for users to create iOS tweaks with no programming experience, completely in the UI.
- Created an Objective-C-based CLI tool integrated with iOS's internals for high iteration automation of complex tasks.
- Contributed to the open-source reverse engineering engine, Frida.
- Reverse-engineered the iOS App Store to monitor network requests and ingest data.
- Created a solution for playing inline video on iOS 9+ that works within WebViews that have this feature explicitly disabled.
- Led the development of an SDK framework that was implemented in various popular applications such as T-Mobile's iOS app.
- Created a Facebook Messenger bot to showcase integrations with service.
- Provided guidance into implementing automated enforcement of code style guidelines.
- Wrote a Firebase abstraction for strict typing and increased intuitiveness of controllers.
- Implemented initial designs of application, including realtime chat and notifications.
- Built out extendable Vapor backend for integrating with Amazon Alexa commands.
- Wrote Swift iOS framework that allows for pairing of an Amazon Echo to a phone for issuing commands that are reflected in an iOS app.
Objective-C, Swift, TypeScript, ARM Assembler
Xcode, PaintCode, Sketch, Git, Interactive Disassembler (IDA) Pro, Interactive Disassembler (IDA)
iOS, Firebase, MacOS
Software Development, Reverse Engineering
Core Data, Vapor, Metal