Software Architect and Lead Developer2019 - 2021Fortune 500 Oil Major (via Toptal)
Technologies: ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, Azure, Azure Active Directory, Azure Cosmos DB, API Design, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, Entity Framework Core, Data Architecture, Blazor, C#
- Designed and implemented a complex back-end API used by multiple clients (iOS, Android, Blazor). Prototyping and coding were done using C# and Swagger OpenAPI. Authentication handled using Azure Active Directory and persistence using Cosmos DB.
- Migrated the entire system to a new Azure tenant as part of the client's Azure rationalization program. Designed and implemented a large-scale bespoke data migration between Cosmos DB instances. Reconfigured Azure Active Directory authentication.
- Designed data architecture to enable an infrequently connected iOS front-end app designed for field workers in remote locations to synchronize data efficiently and to be able to post back updated data efficiently when connected. Implemented in C#.
- Designed a complex object model to capture sophisticated data entry requirements for field workers, including photo capture, signature capture, location-based GPS information, and complex nested form data.
- Built and implemented Azure DevOps pipelines, including Azure ARM Templates to define Azure infrastructure and resources.
Senior Server Developer2017 - 2018Archer Daniel Midlands Investor Services International
Technologies: ASP.NET Core, C#, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Blazor, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity
- Deployed a fully functional T+1 position report which was delivered via SFTP to brokerage clients. Used C#, .NET Core, and MS SQL Server.
- Configured an entire DevOps pipeline for continuous integration and automated deployment. Used TeamCity and Octopus Deploy.
- Redesigned a market abuse reporting (MAR) system to achieve MiFID II compliance. Used MS SQL Server, C#, .NET Core, and SSIS. The redesigned system handled three times the order volume completed, processed in ten percent of the time.
- Accomplished all of the above in the context of typical tight deadlines, high-quality requirements, and stringent auditable requirements of financial regulatory projects.
Senior Developer2017 - 2017MUFG Securities
Technologies: APIs, Excel Add-ins, Excel VBA, Microsoft Excel, MongoDB, .NET, C#
- Extended an existing C#/.NET quantitative analytics library with MIFID II compliant quote-recording functionality.
- Integrated additional trading workflow features into an existing Excel add-in quant library; used Excel/Excel VBA, and C#.NET.
- Designed and implemented greenfield back-end storage solution; used MongoDB and the operating system was RHEL Linux as the back-end storage solution. The cluster was a globally sharded cluster with hubs in Hong Kong, New York, and London. Wrote all Linux/Bash scripts for setting up and tearing down the clusters/nodes to achieve a high degree of automated deployment.
- Contributed to a MongoDB C# driver open source community, including raising JIRAs to log issues and raising pull requests to solve them.
Senior Server Developer | DevOps Champion2015 - 2017Barclays Capital
Technologies: TeamCity, Bash, NUnit, SpecFlow, Excel VBA, Microsoft Excel, RESTful Development, RESTful APIs, Microsoft SQL Server, C#
- Wrote a greenfield large scale queuing, reporting, and extracting framework for BCBS 239 regulatory reporting; used C# and MS SQL Server. The system watched for risk outputs from the in-house installation of Qrm.com interest rate risk management system and transferred via SFTP to Hadoop cluster.
- Was nominated DevOps champion after building out a fully functional multi-platform DevOps pipeline capable of testing and deploying C# executive services, MS SQL Server databases, IIS-Hosted Web API services and AutoSys batch jobs.
- Built an automated regression capability to analyze model change impacts, accelerate complex deliveries, and avoid regressions.
- Led a team transition to behavior-driven development using specification by example (SpecFlow/NUnit) and presented at multiple internal conferences on BDD.
- Worked as Agile Scrum Master to facilitate team deliveries, managed full set of Agile ceremonies including pre-planning/planning/demo preparation/retrospectives.
- Coded multiple enhancements, extensions, and new components in the client's core C#, .NET, and MS SQL Server code base; also made heavy use of SpecFlow and NUnit.
- Built a monitoring tool for the core MS SQL Server based back-end; used Excel and Excel VBA.
- Advocated for an extremely friendly querying and debugging method of production issues and faster feedback during development.
Global Platform Owner Prime Finance and Exotics2009 - 2015Credit Suisse
Technologies: Analytics, Excel VBA, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, C#
- Delivered P&L attribution enabling traders to sign-off and on (and automatically flash) attributed P&L at EOD (C#, SQL Server, and Quant Analytics).
- Coded an entitlements discovery Interface into a core SQL server database.
- Managed and participated directly in the coding of a global upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7—handlng 250 users across the major global financial centers (C#, SQL Server, and Quant Analytics).
- Devised and coded an upgrade to core volatility surface model parameterization (Excel, Excel VBA, and Quant Analytics).
- Rearchitected, designed, and implemented a new mechanism for storing and retrieving configuration and market data overrides into a trading book (SQL Server, C#, and Excel DNA).