Verified Expert in Engineering
John is a full-stack Ruby on Rails, React, and Vue developer with seven years of experience. He believes in delivering business value to clients through clean, tested, and simple code that is easy to extend. John enjoys working through challenging back-end problems as well as creating delightful front-end user experiences.
Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React, PostgreSQL, Vue
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is an admin portal for an operations team that gave them intuitive, simplified access to key data for a streamlined workflow to help customers.
Senior Software Engineer
- Handled the internal tools of a monolithic Rails API and Vue app, including project and call management functionality.
- Served as technical lead for building a Chrome extension and revamping the project request process between clients and admins.
- Integrated Twilio voice functionality to facilitate over 300 business-critical calls per week.
Lead Software Engineer
- Owned the production system, including a Rails API, four separate React and Redux UI apps, and a React Native mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Built the back end and UI features for all products, including creating SSO flows, internationalizing a React app and Rails API, and building a custom paid membership feature.
- Managed the development work of three different remote contracting companies for various features, including story planning, code review, and production release.
- Worked with 20+ external partners, with multiple custom one-to-one integrations.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Developed ad tech software with data fetching and aggregation, analytics, billing, and reporting.
- Wrote various asynchronous data cleanup jobs for an approximately 260GB PostgreSQL production database.
- Worked extensively with five separate third-party ad server APIs, including Google and Facebook.
Customer Success Engineer
- Served as the first responder for bug fixes and urgent feature requests, completing around 75 bug fixes and improvements.
- Learned Java, Spring, JUnit, and MySQL on the job and deepened existing knowledge of Backbone.js.
- Worked with several teams across the organization to assess product functionality and diagnose bugs.
I was the core developer for many UI and back-end features.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux, Jest, React Native
Ruby on Rails API, React, Vue, Vuex, jQuery, Backbone.js, Marionette.js
RSpec, GitHub, Jira
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign - Urbana, IL, EUA