- Full-stack DeveloperSBProject, LLC (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: Node, React, Serverless
- Implemented a customized S3 file sharing on Lamda using serverless.
- Implemented the MVP for a calling-center SPA, using React (+MobX).
- Implemented the MVP for lead-reporting.
- Implemented deeply integrated authentication with AWS Cognito.
- Freelance Front-end DeveloperQPID Health (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
- Refactored the client's old Ember API to the newest and latest.
- Implemented a series of new features on the front-end as the corresponding endpoints from the back-end became available.
- Front-end DeveloperJoinesty (via Toptal)2017 - 2017
Technologies: Chrome Extension API, Safari Extension API
- Reviewed the existing extension and created a plan for the Safari implementation without rewriting/forking the app.
- Identified the Chrome extension API that had to be stubbed for Safari.
- Create a compatibility layer between Chrome/Safari for the previously identified API subset to be used as a drop-in addition for the extension to run on Safari.
- Freelance Front-end DeveloperFunding Gates (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
- Migrated an old hybrid Ember 1/Rails app to Ember 2 with proper API support.
- Implemented new features that helped brings the company offer to the mid-size market, netting hundreds of thousands in new sales in the first few months.
- Completely rewrote the test suite using the latest best practices.
- Worked locally in the company's Manhattan office for ~40 days along with the rest of the team during the re-launch period.
- Freelance Web DeveloperTechstars.com (via Toptal)2016 - 2017
- Tasked to make changes to the company's main site in order to add new functionality and a new design to part of it.
- Converted from designer files to a WordPress theme.
- Implemented user features in the WordPress back-end.
- Implemented WordPress widgets.
- Created responsive design with extra mobile optimizations as per the designer's schemata.
- Retained for fixed/enhances after the bulk of the work completed.
- Freelance Ember.js Developer100yea.rs (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
- Handled the bulk of Ember development on a large project for one of the company's clients, totaling around forty non-trivial components, 250 "pages," and over 700 tests.
- Contributed to key architectural decisions early in the project, responsible for taking it in the way in was implemented.
- Freelance Full-stack DeveloperFuture Drone Cloud (via Toptal)2016 - 2016
Technologies: Ember.js, JSON API, OwnCloud, PHP, MySQL
- Created the back-end as an OwnCloud app via its respective framework (code + DB).
- Created a JSON API service for the OwnCloud back-end to expose the functionality to the front-end.
- Created the front-end SPA for the job submissions and general client functionality (in Ember.js).
- Created the front-end SPA for the administrators/management and related functionality (in Ember.js).
- Created the system for contract generation from the job submission data and manual entries.
- Created the integrations with third-party systems such as RightSignature (document signing) and Google Maps.
- Freelance Front-end Developer100yea.rs (via Toptal)2015 - 2015
- Developed for the TED Ed analytics back-end as a drop-in extra programmer under TED's Sam Selikoff.
- Fixed open issues (bugs and improvements).
- Created the front-end of the demographics section of the analytics platform.
- Created all the Ember components for the Demographics section.
- Refactored previous code to make it generic enough for reuse over different sections of the platform.
- Conducted unit tests and integration tests.
- Full-stack Web DeveloperCarlsDesk2014 - 2015
Technologies: PHP, Node.js, Ember.js, ArangoDB, MySQL, Appcelerator
- Architected the design of the system in all its details for efficiency and scalability.
- Created the APIs (customer-facing, back-end-facing, and internal).
- Created the customer-facing front-end.
- Created the administrator back-end as an SPA (Single Page App) with Ember.js.
- Created the mobile native application in Appcelerator.
- Full-stack DeveloperCrowdster (ex-Karma411)2014 - 2015
Technologies: WordPress, PHP, Node.js, Front-end Stack
- Developed fully customized WordPress features.
- Created front-end responsive designs.
- Did AWS DevOps.
- Integrated with legacy systems.
- Created speed/SEO optimizations on the existing platforms.
- Full-stack DeveloperEventNow2012 - 2013
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Front-end Stack
- Merged their three different back-ends into one system.
- Implemented the design and features of "version 2" of the site.
- Did DevOps on various systems.
- Created automation systems for backups/emails, etc.
- Created data-based insights via statistical analysis.
- Loan OfficerCooperative Bank of Chania2008 - 2011
- Started as a teller, worked my way up to main teller and customer service and ultimately into loans.
- Attended various off-time seminars in the sector.
- DeveloperFreelance2002 - 2011
Technologies: PHP, Node.js, Ember.js, ArangoDB, .NET, Appcelerator, Front-end stack
- Created a desktop application that monitors users' installed applications and automatically upgrades them to the latest version on the background. Also created the required administration back-end in PHP.
- Built an SEO checking tool that examines around 30 factors of a site and then gave it a rank along with explanations of what is great and what is lacking.
- Developed an eCommerce website for a local company in Magento, syncing catalog data from their legacy database system.
- Programmed a phone application for two-factor authentication.
- Developed a system that processed gigabytes of structured data and allowed the user to query via a web page for drilled down information in near real-time (max ten seconds' response time).
- Built various aggregation/integration systems based on third-party APIs (Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Mathematics InstructorPrivate and Public Schools2007 - 2008
Technologies: Statistics, Graph theory, Calculus, Algebra, Geometry, Linear optimization theory
- Taught basic algebra to middle school kids.
- Taught calculus, geometry, and statistics to high school kids.
- Taught advanced statistics, linear optimization, and graph theory to university students.