- CTOCalifornia Stealth Social2017 - PRESENT
Technologies: iOS, Data Science, Cloud, BaaS, Server-Side Swift, Low-Level Physics Animation
- Led the staffing, research, and engineering for a technically challenging social media project.
- Utilized Firebase and other major BaaS extensively as part of the real-time topology.
- Created highly effective real-time, massively multi-user solutions, using a novel server-side Swift approach. Achieved cost savings and vastly increased reliability with the novel approach.
- Implemented, with a data science team, novel real-time systems, incorporating Neo4J and other Node technology with "conventional" cloud technology.
- Implemented app features that had challenging and highly novel game-like physics and animations, in Unity3D for discovery and prototyping—vastly reducing costs, and ultimately in native low-level iOS, Android.
- Used and comparison-tested most of AWS, Google compute for virtualization, storage, and a pipeline.
- Completely handled all "everyday" ancillary systems typical of modern app products on both platforms such as Branch.io, provisioning, and more.
- Cloud Lead | iOS LeadTexas Stealth2016 - 2017
Technologies: iOS, Android, OCC Cloud Systems
- Created and implemented a cutting-edge BaaS system. Maintained an emphasis on racetrack solutions to the real-time cloud-server issues.
- Programmed the real-time iOS libraries and apps—emphasis on threading, instantaneous response, performance programming, for the extremely complex UX.
- Wrote the SQLite engines (iOS and Android apps) for the novel, real-time OCC (occasionally connected computing system) with PostgreSQL on the AWS cloud-side. Handled every aspect of networking including low- and high-level sockets, REST, WebSocket, APIs, and custom multi-user servers.
- Wrangled the day-to-day app and server development—led the problem discovery, tracking, OCC testing; also developed the APIs from transport layers to high levels.
- Conducted all the ordinary app provisioning, app store issues, transactions, detail such as social, analytics, pipeline and workflow, and more.
- Product Lead | Head of ResearchSmaaash Entertainment, Asia2013 - 2016
Technologies: Unity3D, Oculus, Vive, Robotics, Product Engineering
- Created many hugely successful VR-attraction products, many being household names in cities with the sports-oriented Smaaash's urban theme parks.
- Led the graphics research team in the most novel "generative" VR. Engineered in-house math packages for 3D, graphics, mesh, spline-handling, and generation involving heuristic and learning systems. Led research in novel motion capture and similar fields.
- Engineered simulator attractions for major world sports celebrities such as Ronaldo and Sachin Tendulkar. Key in securing the Ronaldo organization's contract to parent Star Sports in Asia.
- Created the single highest money-making VR product in existence—the Fingercoaster.
- Created the gameplay for novel multiplayer and single-player rides and simulators such as "Jump" (a full-size motocross simulator), the Smaaash F1 simulator, "Lunar Bounce" (a 3D spinner), and various shooting, projection-cave, sports, and robotics rides and attractions.
- Imagineered for robotics, image processing, sensors, novel networking—produced all the motion capture, animation team work, and also conventional filmmaking (for example, for the integrated-video segments for the "Goalstopper" attraction for the Ronaldo organization).
- Created hit rides which were key to the organization's expansion into the Middle-East and their recent first opening in the USA (at the Mall of America).
- Game LeadDefy Media (Viacom), LA2012 - 2016
Technologies: Unity3D, App Store, Play Store
- Created the enormously financially successful, hit celebrity game for kids: Super Head Esploder X, for the top YouTube celebrities of the day. One of the fastest ever apps to the top 10.
- Helped establish the Unity3D cloud architecture and corporate game pipeline.
- Conceived and executed many highly financially successful features. For example, a crowdfunding campaign which generated $258,000 for them in a few weeks, and an in-app-purchase which cost $3,000 to produce and which generated low six figures in a few weeks.
- Organized the Unity3D cloud architecture for the social integration of the huge user base.
- Introduced BaaS systems.
- Streamlined the Unity3D, multiplayer networking and in-app-purchase systems for Defy's stable of game development companies.
- OwnerSMHK Ltd2009 - 2016
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, VR, iOS, Cloud
- Engineered for many brands with major successes for 15+ years.
- Built projects for clients in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Focused particularly on difficult high-value technical challenges. For example, cloud engineering, "maker-" technology for games, and complex mesh generation research.
- Cloud Architect | App EngineerSourcetop, NY2005 - 2016
Technologies: iOS, Android, Cloud (Parse, PubNub, Firebase)
- Handled all the app engineering for this US-Asian web development company.
- Worked on a complex iPad app BRANY for a pharmaceutical major; a streaming reviews startup for Android and iOS.
- App Engineer360Design, NY2009 - 2015
Technologies: iOS, Android, Cloud
- Handled all the app engineering for this design and web studio.
- Designed the AR catalog app for Metrie building products (iOS and Android).
- Developed a Tylko-like AR app for a furniture manufacturer (iOS, Android, and the cloud).
- CTO | Lead Programmerde Clermont-Tonnerre, Belgium2011 - 2012
Technologies: Android, iOS, BaaS
- Created, in a few months, a social dot-com for a European startup that was associated with high-profile investors.
- Performed the complete iOS and Android engineering, architecture, and staffing.
- Worked on the cloud-side for a full-featured social dotcom using Parse and other BAAS.
- Created a novel prototyping framework for Unity3D.
- CTO, Online Transactions and GamingInterSoftware Ltd, HK1997 - 2009
Technologies: Financial, Real-Time Gaming Technical Software
- Created one of the first in-browser software sets for online casinos. It was highly successful for a number of gaming properties in Asia and Europe at the time with mid six-figure sales to a number of properties.
- Built the PSB server for online blackjack and poker, an early server (C++) for real-time, secure, multiplayer, card-gaming. It had 3 installations with some 20 million hands played and was bought-out.
- Operated a very successful white-label prepaid debit card company. it provided software services for a number of card companies in Canada and Europe.
- Created the SplitBot robotics prototype for a European startup—a wheeled robotics device, one of the first robotics/cloud-connected devices.
- Provided software services for a number of digital currencies—particularly bank card interoperability and secure server provisioning.