- CTO2017 - PRESENTSpur.io
Technologies: iOS, Data Science, Cloud, BaaS, Server-side Swift, Low-level Physics Animation
- Led the programming, staffing, and research for this cutting-edge, highly novel social media project for a major California VC team.
- Led the complete development (security, topology, science, team lead) of an in-house online-offline app currency system, as no existing system was adequate.
- Utilized Firebase in particular and other major BaaS extensively as part of the real-time "occasionally connected computing" topology.
- Created highly effective real-time, massively multi-user solutions, using a novel server-side Swift approach. Achieved six-figure cost savings and vastly increased reliability with the novel Swift backend approach.
- Led the data science team for the predictive/recommendation systems, incorporating Neo4J and other Node technology with "conventional" cloud technology.
- Based on background in the most technical game physics and engineering, implemented the extremely novel game-like physics interface in native low-level iOS, Android. Used Unity3D pipeline for discovery and prototyping—vastly reducing costs and time requirements.
- Completely managed all the "everyday" ancillary systems typical of modern product on both platforms such as Branch.io, provisioning, messaging, and more.
- Cloud Lead | iOS Lead2016 - 2017Service Fusion
Technologies: iOS, Android, OCC Cloud Systems
- Created and implemented a cutting-edge in-house device-cloud system for this highly lucrative, high-volume white-label provider. Maintained an emphasis on racetrack solutions to the real-time cloud-server issues.
- Programmed the real-time iOS libraries and apps—emphasis on threading, instantaneous response, performance programming, for the extremely complex UX.
- Worked on the SQLite engines (iOS and Android apps) for the novel, real-time OCC (occasionally connected computing system) with PostgreSQL on the AWS cloud-side. volume.
- Wrangled the day-to-day app and server development—led the problem discovery, tracking, OCC testing; also developed the APIs from transport layers to high levels.
- Conducted all the ordinary app provisioning, app store issues, transactions, detail such as social, analytics, pipeline and workflow, and more.
- Product Lead | Head of Research2013 - 2016Smaaash Entertainment, Asia
Technologies: Unity3D, Oculus, Vive, Robotics, Product Engineering
- Created many hugely successful VR-attraction products, many being household names in cities with Smaaash's sports-oriented urban theme parks.
- Led the graphics research team in the most novel "generative" VR. Engineered in-house math packages for 3D, graphics, mesh, spline-handling, and mesh generation involving heuristic and learning systems. Led research in novel motion capture and similar fields.
- Engineered simulator attractions for the world's biggest sports celebrities such as soccer superstar Ronaldo, and superstar of the Cricket world, Sachin Tendulkar. Key in securing the Ronaldo organization's contract to parent Star Sports in Asia.
- Created the single highest money-making VR product in existence—the Fingercoaster.
- Created the gameplay for novel multiplayer and single-player rides and simulators such as "Jump" (a full-size motocross simulator), the Smaaash F1 simulator, "Lunar Bounce", and various shooting, projection-cave, sports, and robotics rides and attractions.
- Imagineered for robotics, image processing, sensors, novel networking—produced all the motion capture, animation team work, and also conventional filmmaking (for example, for the integrated-video segments for the "Goalstopper" attraction for the Ronaldo organization).
- Created hit rides which were key to the organization's expansion into the Middle-East and their recent first opening in the USA (at the Mall of America).
- Game Lead2012 - 2016Defy Media (Viacom), LA
Technologies: Unity3D, App Store, Play Store
- Created the enormously financially successful, hit celebrity game for kids: Super Head Esploder X, for the top YouTube celebrities of the day. One of the fastest ever apps to the top 10.
- Helped establish the Unity3D cloud architecture and corporate game pipeline.
- Conceived and executed many highly financially successful features. For example, a crowdfunding campaign which generated $258,000 for them in a few weeks, and an in-app-purchase which cost $3,000 to produce and which generated low six figures in a few weeks.
- Organized the Unity3D cloud architecture for the social integration of the huge user base.
- Introduced BaaS systems.
- Streamlined the Unity3D, multiplayer networking and in-app-purchase systems for Defy's stable of game development companies.
- Owner2009 - 2016SMHK Ltd
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, VR, iOS, Cloud
- Engineered for many brands with major successes for 15+ years.
- Built projects for clients in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Focused particularly on difficult high-value technical challenges. For example, cloud engineering, "maker-" technology for games, and complex mesh generation research.
- Cloud Architect | App Engineer2005 - 2016Sourcetop, NY
Technologies: iOS, Android, Cloud (Parse, PubNub, Firebase)
- Handled all the app engineering for this US-Asian web development company.
- Worked on a complex iPad app BRANY for a pharmaceutical major; a streaming reviews startup for Android and iOS.
- App Engineer2009 - 2015360Design, NY
Technologies: iOS, Android, Cloud
- Handled all the app engineering for this design and web studio.
- Designed the AR catalog app for Metrie building products (iOS and Android).
- Developed a Tylko-like AR app for a furniture manufacturer (iOS, Android, and the cloud).
- CTO | Lead Programmer2011 - 2012de Clermont-Tonnerre, Belgium
Technologies: Android, iOS, BaaS
- Created, in a few months, a social dot-com for a European startup that was associated with high-profile investors.
- Performed the complete iOS and Android engineering, architecture, and staffing.
- Worked on the cloud-side for a full-featured social dotcom using Parse and other BAAS.
- Created a novel prototyping framework for Unity3D.
- CTO, Online Transactions and Gaming1997 - 2009InterSoftware Ltd, HK
Technologies: Financial, Real-time Gaming Technical Software
- Created one of the first in-browser software sets for online casinos. It was highly successful for a number of gaming properties in Asia and Europe at the time with mid-six-figure sales to a number of properties.
- Built the PSB server for online blackjack and poker, an early server (C++) for real-time, secure, multiplayer, card-gaming. It had three installations with some 20 million hands played and was bought out.
- Operated a very successful white-label prepaid debit card company. it provided software services for a number of card companies in Canada and Europe.
- Created the SplitBot robotics prototype for a European startup—a wheeled robotics device, one of the first robotics/cloud-connected devices.
- Provided software services for a number of digital currencies—particularly bank card interoperability and secure server provisioning.