Senior Architect2021 - 2021Discovery Channel | Globant
Technologies: Roku, Node.js
- Served as a senior team architect for the app and systems for this major media provider.
- Focused on time to market with the alpha app, resolving ongoing issues.
- Managed the team under the CTO, resolving more complex large-project issues, particularly automated testing and custom automation.
Product Lead | iOS and Android2021 - 2021CubeMG
Technologies: iOS, Android, AWS, Firebase, Architecture, Social APIs, Realtime, Database Design
- Architected and developed the upcoming launch of version 2 of these highly commercially successful apps.
- Engineered the fully native Android and fully native iOS versions of these apps which combine social media and camera/image manipulation tech; engineered the complex AWS/Node.js real-time cloud-side.
- Included Shaders, extensive use of camera technology, and typical real-time scaled social media type feed and features.
Product Lead2020 - 2021LearningDesignNetwork
Technologies: Game Development, Realtime, Node.js, Agora
- Engineered an extremely complex multi-user game-like business training platform fully incorporating highly novel Zoom-like video talk integration for participants for a long-established business training company.
- Executed perhaps the most complex existing Agora video chat application, with highly dynamic rooms, and user transport working closely with Agora.
- Executed the very detailed real-time desktop apps from networking to gameplay layers, architecture to engineering.
- Engineered the scratch-built real-time multiuser game server (AWS, Node, Sockets, MySQL, Express). Engineered the complex real-time telemetry WWW admin side, including the dynamic reach-in control of all online apps in real-time.
- Sourced, hired, and managed technical specialists. Entirely developed the testing regime and created the test department. Sourced, hired, and managed a large real-time multiuser test team. Discovered, hired, and managed the test lead.
iOS Research Engineer2020 - 2020W.L. Gore Research Division
Technologies: Videos, Low-level Programming, iOS, Swift
- Worked with the materials science research team, engineered the low-level bench app for their needs.
- Used the Greenfield approach to this fascinating small project in the materials science field.
- Worked on total project from architecture to basic idea discovery to daily project explorations.
iOS Social Media Project Lead2019 - 2020Bitcast
Technologies: Swift, Apps, Social APIs, MySQL, API Development, Networks, Architecture, In-app Purchases, Product Engineering, Database Design, Realtime, Game Technology Development, Product Management, UX, iOS
- Served as the iOS/product lead for Bitcast.fm, a major, highly novel, audio-oriented social media startup.
- Executed extremely interactive, real-time, "perfectionist" apps.
- Invented and executed a number of key gamification and highly novel social features and other key IP.
- Engineered various cloud-side services, such as a real-time audio generation service (AWS/Node.js/Express.js/SQL).
Lead Unity | iOS Researcher2018 - 2019A Major Media Group
Technologies: C#, Swift, Networks, HTC Vive, Games, Virtual Reality (VR), Realtime, Game Technology Development, Product Management, Unity3D, Streaming, Low-level Programming, 3D, iOS, Unity
- Worked directly with the cutting-edge science group of the major global media and content company.
- Led this breakthrough 3D/networking project on the Unity/iOS side.
- Utilized my in-depth knowledge of video streaming, low-level iOS, mesh generation, shader engineering, technical Unity, Metal/OpenGL, streaming, HLS, low-level plugins to rendering engines, VR/AR, and the rendering pipeline.
Product Lead | Head of Research2013 - 2019Smaaash
Technologies: AWS Mobile Hub, C#, Apps, Social APIs, MySQL, API Development, Networks, Architecture, Product Engineering, HTC Vive, Game Design, Database Design, Games, Virtual Reality (VR), Realtime, Game Technology Development, Product Management, Unity3D, Game Engine Programming, Robotics
- Created hugely successful, technically novel attraction products which are the core of Smaaash's sports-oriented urban theme parks.
- Developed attractions for the world's biggest sports figures such as Ronaldo and Sachin Tendulkar.
- Invented and engineered the single highest money-making VR product in existence—the Fingercoaster.
- Led research in bleeding-edge generative mesh, the most novel VR realtime rendering, real-time multiuser XR, motion control machinery.
- "Imagineered" with a broad range of mesh-level generative systems, robotics, image processing, sensors, stadium apps, motion capture, animation, and filmmaking.
- Led projects that resulted in spectacular ticket sales, installation sales, and investments key to the organization's global expansion.
- Staffed and managed leading figures in technical fields, 3D and 2D art departments, and tech lead on major theme park openings globally. Oversaw new factory lines.
Product Lead | CTO2017 - 2018Spur.io
Technologies: AWS Mobile Hub, C#, Swift, Apps, Social APIs, MySQL, API Development, Networks, Architecture, Product Engineering, Database Design, Realtime, Product Management, Unity3D, Animation, Physics, BaaS, Cloud, Data Science, Currency Exchange, iOS
- Led programming, staffing, and research for this novel video-oriented social media project for a California VC team.
- Achieved the game-like, physics-based interface of the project in native low-level iOS, Android.
- Crafted the top-to-bottom architecture, built a five-person team, and engineering for this video-focused social media startup.
- Implemented the security and engineering of an in-house USD-based app currency system (AWS, Node.js, SQL).
- Handled many typical systems of a modern social project—provisioning, messaging, third-party testing companies, Algolia, a Neo-4J based data science team, and so on.
Cloud Engineer | iOS Engineer2016 - 2017Service Fusion
Technologies: Swift, Apps, MySQL, Networks, Architecture, Database Design, Realtime, SQL, Android, iOS, Mapping
- Implemented the in-house real-time device-cloud system for this mapping and scheduling-oriented, high-volume, white-label app system. Included a custom CFRD-like system on AWS.
- Engineered the real-time iOS libraries and apps—emphasis on threading, instantaneous response, performance programming, detailed UX, for this mapping, calendar, and scheduling oriented app system.
- Wrangled all day-to-day app/server issues such as tracking, testing, provisioning, app store, transactions, social, analytics, and pipeline.
Game Lead2012 - 2016Defy Media (Viacom), LA
Technologies: C#, Swift, Apps, Social APIs, Architecture, In-app Purchases, Product Engineering, Game Design, Games, Realtime, Game Technology Development, Unity3D, Google Play Store, Unity, App Store
- Created the enormously financially successful, hit celebrity game for kids: Super Head Esploder X, for the top YouTube celebrities of the day. One of the fastest ever apps to the top ten.
- Invented highly successful additional "minor" features. For example, a crowdfunding campaign which generated $258,000 in a few weeks, and an in-app-purchase idea which cost $3,000 to produce and which generated low six figures in two weekends.
- Organized the app and cloud architecture for the social features of the huge user base.
- Helped streamline multiplayer networking and in-app-purchase systems for the corporation's stable of game development.
Owner2009 - 2016SMHK, Ltd.
Technologies: AWS Mobile Hub, C#, Swift, Apps, Social APIs, MySQL, Networks, Architecture, Product Engineering, Game Design, Database Design, Games, Virtual Reality (VR), Realtime, Game Technology Development, Product Management, Cloud, iOS
- Engineered for many brands with major successes for 15+ years with clients based in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Focused only on high-value technical challenges. For example, secure transaction projects, "maker" technology for games, and mesh generation research.
Cloud Architect | App Engineer2005 - 2016Sourcetop, NY
Technologies: Swift, Apps, Social APIs, MySQL, Unity3D, Firebase, PubNub, Cloud, Android, iOS
- Handled all the app engineering for this 20-person East Coast web development team.
- Worked with clients like BRANY for a major pharmaceutical company and a streaming reviews startup for Android and iOS.
App Engineer2009 - 2015360Design, NY
Technologies: Swift, Apps, Social APIs, MySQL, Cloud, Android, iOS
- Handled all app engineering for this quality downtown design studio.
- Worked on projects such as the Metrie AR catalog app; a Tylko-like AR furniture app.
CTO | Lead Programmer2011 - 2012de Clermont-Tonnerre, Belgium
Technologies: C#, Swift, Apps, Social APIs, MySQL, Architecture, Product Engineering, Database Design, Realtime, Product Management, BaaS, iOS, Android
- Created, in a few months, a social dot-com for a European startup associated with high-profile investors.
- Worked on iOS and Android engineering, architecture, and staffing.
- Developed a novel prototyping framework which slashed costs.
CTO, Online Transactions and Gaming1997 - 2009InterSoftware Ltd, HK
Technologies: AWS Mobile Hub, C#, Swift, Apps, MySQL, API Development, Networks, Architecture, Game Design, Database Design, Games, Realtime, Game Technology Development, Product Management, Unity3D, Gaming, Financials
- Created one of the first in-browser software sets for online casinos. Highly successful for a number of gaming properties in Asia and Europe with a number of six-figure sales.
- Built the PSB server for online blackjack and poker, an early server (C++) for real-time, secure, multiplayer, card-gaming. Three installations with some 20 million hands played and were bought out.
- Operated a successful white-label prepaid debit card company. it provided software services for a number of card companies in Canada and Europe.
- Developed software services for a number of digital currencies such as bank card interoperability and secure provisioning.