iOS Social Media Project Lead2019 - PRESENTBitcast.fm
Technologies: iOS, Real-time Social, Novel UX
- Entirely executed the architecture/app side of Bitcast.fm, a major social media startup.
- Worked with live interactions and annotation with streaming media.
- Created a detailed "perfectionist" UX that was animated and interactive.
- Built custom real-time collaborative animation tools for the research phase.
Lead Unity/iOS Researcher2018 - 2019Verizon Group
Technologies: Unity, iOS, 3D, Low-level, Streaming
- Worked directly with Verizon's cutting-edge science group and Pixar's research lead.
- Led this breakthrough 3D/networking project on the Unity/iOS side.
- Used my expertise in all of technical Unity, low-level iOS, Metal/OpenGL, mesh generation, shader engineering, streaming, HLS, low-level plugins, VR/AR, and the rendering pipeline.
Product Lead | Head of Research2013 - 2019Smaaash Sports Entertainment, Asia
Technologies: VR, Robotics, Product Engineering, Game Engines
- Created the hugely successful, technically novel attraction products for Smaaash's sports-oriented urban theme parks.
- Led research in the most complex Unity systems, generative mesh, realtime multiuser XR, motion control machinery.
- Invented and engineered the single highest money-making VR product in existence—the Fingercoaster.
- Developed attractions for major world sports celebrities such as Ronaldo and Sachin Tendulkar.
- "Imagineered" with a broad range of robotics, image processing, sensors, stadium apps, production of motion capture, animation, and filmmaking.
- Worked on projects that resulted in spectacular ticket sales, installation sales, and investments key to the organization's expansion to the Middle East and a recent opening in the US.
Product Lead | CTO2017 - 2018Spur.io
Technologies: iOS, Currency, Data Science, Cloud, BaaS, Low-level Physics Animation
- Led programming, staffing, and research for this novel social media project for a California VC team.
- Achieved the game-like, physics-based interface of the project in native low-level iOS, Android.
- Contributed to the top-to-bottom architecture, the creation of a five-person staff, and engineering for this video-focused social media startup.
- Implemented the security and engineering of an in-house USD-based app currency system (a custom Node.js/SQL system).
- Handled the many systems typical of a modern social project—provisioning, messaging, third-party testing companies, Algolia, and so on.
- Led the Neo4J-oriented data science team.
Cloud Engineer | iOS Engineer2016 - 2017Service Fusion
Technologies: iOS, Android, SQL, OCC
- Implemented the in-house realtime device-cloud system for this high-volume white-label; this included a custom CFRD-like system on AWS.
- Engineered the real-time iOS libraries and apps—emphasis on threading, instantaneous response, performance programming, detailed UX.
- Wrangled all day-to-day app/server issues such as tracking, testing, provisioning, app store, transactions, social, analytics, and pipeline.
Game Lead2012 - 2016Defy Media (Viacom), LA
Technologies: In-app Purchase, App Store, Play Store, Unity
- Created the enormously financially successful, hit celebrity game for kids: Super Head Esploder X, for the top YouTube celebrities of the day. One of the fastest ever apps to the top 10.
- Invented highly successful additional "minor" features. For example, a crowdfunding campaign which generated $258,000 in a few weeks, and an in-app-purchase idea which cost $3,000 to produce and which generated low six figures in two weekends.
- Organized the app and cloud architecture for the social features of the huge user base.
- Helped streamline multiplayer networking and in-app-purchase systems for the corporation's stable of game development.
Owner2009 - 2016SMHK Ltd
Technologies: Unity3D, C#, VR, iOS, Cloud
- Engineered for many brands with major successes for 15+ years with clients based in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Focused only on high-value technical challenges. For example, secure transaction projects, "maker" technology for games, and mesh generation research.
Cloud Architect | App Engineer2005 - 2016Sourcetop, NY
Technologies: iOS, Android, Cloud, PubNub, Firebase
- Handled all the app engineering for this 20-person East Coast web development team.
- Worked with clients like BRANY for a major pharmaceutical company and a streaming reviews startup for Android and iOS.
App Engineer2009 - 2015360Design, NY
Technologies: iOS, Android, Cloud
- Handled all app engineering for this quality downtown design studio.
- Worked on projects such as the Metrie AR catalog app; a Tylko-like AR furniture app.
CTO | Lead Programmer2011 - 2012de Clermont-Tonnerre, Belgium
Technologies: Android, iOS, BaaS
- Created, in a few months, a social dot-com for a European startup associated with high-profile investors.
- Worked on iOS and Android engineering, architecture, and staffing.
- Developed a novel prototyping framework which slashed costs.
CTO, Online Transactions and Gaming1997 - 2009InterSoftware Ltd, HK
Technologies: Financial, Real-time Gaming Technical Software
- Created one of the first in-browser software sets for online casinos. Highly successful for a number of gaming properties in Asia and Europe with a number of six-figure sales.
- Built the PSB server for online blackjack and poker, an early server (C++) for real-time, secure, multiplayer, card-gaming. Three installations with some 20 million hands played and were bought out.
- Operated a successful white-label prepaid debit card company. it provided software services for a number of card companies in Canada and Europe.
- Developed software services for a number of digital currencies such as bank card interoperability and secure provisioning.