Senior IT Architect2018 - PRESENTTIAA
- Led a team of five architects which included researching, documenting, communicating, and unifying the application architecture and development standards across all of their respective teams.
- Developed an internal continuous integration tool that pulls, builds, and deploys various project prototypes and tools being created by the development teams.
- Created a new asset build and deployment strategy for all lower environments using docker container builds and internal CDN servers.
- Built and released the first-ever PWA/service-worker strategy at TIAA.
- Developed an internal image optimization tool that crawled a domain on a schedule in search of images. It would report back details of images including the savings it could have if optimized. It would also automatically optimize five types of images.
- Led research and POC projects regularly for concepts such as PWC, Micro Frontends, Co-browse, and more.
- Maintained all servers that housed my communities internal tools and conducted an AWS migration of all related servers.
Senior Platform Engineer2017 - 2018Red Ventures
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, C#, PHP, Go, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Bamboo, Jenkins, Linux, Terraform, AWS, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker
- Led a team of five platform engineers which included training them about new tech, skills, and techniques; held individual one-on-one meetings and served as a scrum master through standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Maintained a Rancher environment that housed many applications using a variety of technologies including PHP, Go, Node.js, Java, and C#.
- Developed a strategy that unified the CI/CD process for hundreds of applications with varying tech stacks.
- Led the team that migrated the auto loans portion of BankofAmerica.com to a static site as well as generating the RESTful strategy.
- Led and trained a team of front-end application developers.
- Organized pair programming, code reviews, training, and team meetings.
Infrastructure Engineer2015 - 2016Lowe's
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Node.js, Adobe AEM, F5 Networks, Atlassian Suite, Puppet, Bash, VMware vSphere, Red Hat Linux
- Architected strategies for Adobe AEM and Node.js multi-data-center environments, deployments, networking, and disaster recovery.
- Conducted frequent interviews and built and led a new team to support new AEM and Node.js infrastructure.
- Enhanced the performance of Lowes.com through building the infrastructure to migrate product pages out of WebSphere Commerce and into Node.js.
Software Engineer | Technical Lead2012 - 2015Lowe's
Technologies: MySQL, PHP, Jenkins, AIX, Linux, Adobe AEM, Java, Grunt, Node.js
- Streamlined the development process for AEM developers and laid a foundation for a mobile-first adaptive/responsive strategy using Adobe AEM.
- Pioneered a way for developers to make uniformed service calls across multiple applications by developing Node.js modules that standardized the way Lowes.com makes RESTful API calls.
- Developed a local environment for Lowes.com developers that brought together services, WebSphere, mobile web, Adobe AEM, and static assets into one large vagrant environment; also completed it with admin panel configurations and monitoring built-in.
- Trained teams of front-end developers on using Java J2EE and Adobe Experience Manager in preparation for redesigning Lowes.com on Adobe AEM.
Front-end Developer2011 - 2012Lowe's
- Implemented a continuous integration model for front-end assets that automated production deployments while decreasing the need for on-call developers.
- Eliminated unnecessary redundant manual testing by integrating automated tests via Saucelabs; ultimately refocusing the QA team on critical feature testing.
- Developed internal tools to that allowed UX partners to test out individual features independently rather than having to wait for them to come together in an environment.
- Create a Lowe's branded version of Eclipse that encapsulated Lowe's development specific tools which gave developers the ability to build code directly from their IDE exactly how the build servers would.
- Developed the front end for the portion of Lowes.com associated with a "MyLowe's Card."
Web Developer2008 - 2011Masonite International
- Developed interactive product configurators used by Home Depot and Lowe's.
- Developed localization solution that allowed product configuration catalogs to be used in English, French, and Spanish.
- Conducted learning sessions at home improvement store corporate headquarters to train IT employees on new software releases.