Verified Expert in Engineering
Bank of America, Anthem, and Lowe’s are just a few of the companies that Johnmicah has worked at. He has 13 years of experience building web applications from not only both the front and back ends but also the platform and infrastructure sides. Johnmicah is passionate about performance, automation, and containerization. Johnmicah is also capable of fitting into and improving an existing environment or building a new one from the ground up.
Rancher, Ubuntu, Slack, IntelliJ IDEA, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've ever led was the 2015 Lowes.com redesign and migration to Adobe Experience Manager.
Solutions Engineer Executive Advisor
A Major Medical Company
- Implemented Snyk package scanning into 30 AI apps for a major medical company.
- Decreased AWS spending across all accounts by 30-to-50%.
- Coordinated with engineering managers to provide DevOps and infrastructure-related solutions and tools to make their teams operate more efficiently.
- Led the developer experience team in serving engineering partners.
- Developed tools using technologies such as Python, Go, Bash, and Docker.
Senior IT Architect
- Led a team of five architects which included researching, documenting, communicating, and unifying the application architecture and development standards across all of their respective teams.
- Developed an internal continuous integration tool that pulls, builds, and deploys various project prototypes and tools being created by the development teams.
- Created a new asset build and deployment strategy for all lower environments using docker container builds and internal CDN servers.
- Built and released the first-ever PWA/service-worker strategy at TIAA.
- Developed an internal image optimization tool that crawled a domain on a schedule in search of images. It would report back details of images including the savings it could have if optimized. It would also automatically optimize five types of images.
- Led research and POC projects regularly for concepts such as PWC, Micro Frontends, Co-browse, and more.
- Maintained all servers that housed my communities internal tools and conducted an AWS migration of all related servers.
Senior Platform Engineer
- Led a team of five platform engineers which included training them about new tech, skills, and techniques; held individual one-on-one meetings and served as a scrum master through standups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Maintained a Rancher environment that housed many applications using a variety of technologies including PHP, Go, Node.js, Java, and C#.
- Developed a strategy that unified the CI/CD process for hundreds of applications with varying tech stacks.
Bank of America
- Led the team that migrated the auto loans portion of BankofAmerica.com to a static site as well as generating the RESTful strategy.
- Led and trained a team of front-end application developers.
- Organized pair programming, code reviews, training, and team meetings.
- Architected strategies for Adobe AEM and Node.js multi-data-center environments, deployments, networking, and disaster recovery.
- Conducted frequent interviews and built and led a new team to support new AEM and Node.js infrastructure.
- Enhanced the performance of Lowes.com through building the infrastructure to migrate product pages out of WebSphere Commerce and into Node.js.
Software Engineer | Technical Lead
- Streamlined the development process for AEM developers and laid a foundation for a mobile-first adaptive/responsive strategy using Adobe AEM.
- Pioneered a way for developers to make uniformed service calls across multiple applications by developing Node.js modules that standardized the way Lowes.com makes RESTful API calls.
- Developed a local environment for Lowes.com developers that brought together services, WebSphere, mobile web, Adobe AEM, and static assets into one large vagrant environment; also completed it with admin panel configurations and monitoring built-in.
- Trained teams of front-end developers on using Java J2EE and Adobe Experience Manager in preparation for redesigning Lowes.com on Adobe AEM.
- Implemented a continuous integration model for front-end assets that automated production deployments while decreasing the need for on-call developers.
- Eliminated unnecessary redundant manual testing by integrating automated tests via Saucelabs; ultimately refocusing the QA team on critical feature testing.
- Developed internal tools to that allowed UX partners to test out individual features independently rather than having to wait for them to come together in an environment.
- Create a Lowe's branded version of Eclipse that encapsulated Lowe's development specific tools which gave developers the ability to build code directly from their IDE exactly how the build servers would.
- Developed the front end for the portion of Lowes.com associated with a "MyLowe's Card."
- Developed interactive product configurators used by Home Depot and Lowe's.
- Developed localization solution that allowed product configuration catalogs to be used in English, French, and Spanish.
- Conducted learning sessions at home improvement store corporate headquarters to train IT employees on new software releases.
ContentLaunch Web Apphttp://app.contentlaunch.com
I was the lead full-stack developer on this project and organized work efforts across a dispersed team with members in California, North Carolina, Brazil, and Croatia. The project uses Stripe for its payments system and has multiple third-party API integrations for features such as content ordering and topic generating. It also integrates with Google Docs, Dropbox, WordPress, and all social media sites to enable importing and deploying content.
2015 Lowes.com Redesign
Laravel, Symfony, CakePHP, Spring Boot, Angular
Slack, Atlassian Suite, NGINX, GitLab CI/CD, Git, Vagrant, Jenkins, Grunt, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), VMware vSphere, Apache, Bamboo, Puppet, Terraform, Artifactory, Auth0
REST, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Automation, DevOps, Unit Testing, Agile
Docker, Linux, MacOS, Red Hat Linux, Rancher, Ubuntu, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), AIX
Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL
Web Development, Performance Engineering, Homebrew, CI/CD Pipelines, APIs, Architecture, Organization, Networking, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), F5 Networks, Single Sign-on (SSO), Budgeting
Vue, REST APIs, Node.js, React
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Science
FMU | Florida Memorial University - Brandon, FL, United States
Google Cloud Platform
Certified Scrum Master
Red Hat Certified Administrator