Verified Expert in Engineering
Architect and Database Developer
Jon is a data consultant dedicated to helping his customers fulfill their goals. He has extensive experience designing and building large-scale big data solutions for enterprises through to small systems for startup companies. He assists clients at all stages of their growth to exploit the value held in their data. Jon's technical expertise and business acumen come together to give clients the best experience of design, implementation, and long-term value.
Linux, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Athena, Data Lake Design, Data Lakes, Data Warehouse Design, Redshift, Python 3, Apache Airflow, Data Engineering, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, ETL, Data Warehousing, Data Architecture, Big Data Architecture, Architecture
The most amazing...
...product I have designed and built is a SaaS solution for a marketing attribution company. This included industry leading analytics and blistering speed.
Architect and Data Engineer
- Designed an architecture to capture, analyze, and dashboard social media posts and videos. Complex data and reporting requirements had to be met.
- Tracked features and bugs using Jira and created technical specifications based upon client requirements.
- Built complex ETL flows to manage the transformations using Athena.
- Built user friendly dashboards in AWS Quicksight to enable users to explore the data.
Marketing Attribution Partners
- Designed the architecture to meet requirements. Iteratively enhanced this as requirements increased in a managed way over time.
- Built the data model system service using PostgreSQL and Python (PyMC3), leading edge technology for marketing analysis.
- Built the data model and Django back-end API service for a SaaS solution to surface the model.
- Led the expansion of the team with processes to manage the quality and specification. Used Jira system to build an Agile CI/CD process. Managed team on a day-to-day basis.
- Enhanced the data processing with a 100x speed performance boost using low level Python (NumPy) to replace an intensive mechanism previously performed in SAS.
Pharma Data Company
- Designed and communicated a novel ETL architecture to meet exacting requirements around data provenance, quality, security, and performance.
- Built the project plan and engaged with the development teams to ensure alignment. Managed the work alongside the program manager using Jira.
- Developed solutions to overcome complex edge cases to ensure smooth running of the system and to allow the project to be completed. Using SQL and PySpark.
- Supported implementation and quality assurance while the system was embedded.
- Led the development of analytics and business reporting (a team of six data engineers) and the micro-strategy reporting team.
- Led the enhancement of ETL processes to meet tighter timescales and more features.
- Worked on legal and compliance reporting across geographies to help roll out services worldwide.
Lead BI Architect
- Served as senior architect within Capgemini UK BIM (Business Information Management) practice. Communicated regularly with stakeholder management at partner (VP) level within Capgemini and at the senior executive level within the customer organization.
- Oversaw solution design for Capgemini customers, specializing in public sector. Significant customer stakeholder management and pre sales activity, including sales strategy and solution design work for large scale data solutions.
- Collaborated with partners including Cloudera to ensure optimal solution design. Fed back into open source community where possible.
BCV Social Platform
Python 3, Python, SQL, SAS
Amazon Athena, Redshift Spectrum, Amazon QuickSight, Microsoft Excel, Apache Airflow, AWS Glue, Cloudera, Bolt CMS
Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Data Science
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, WordPress
PostgreSQL, Data Lake Design, Data Lakes, Redshift, MySQL, Teradata
Data Warehouse Design, Data, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Reporting, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Data Warehousing, Data Architecture, Big Data Architecture, Architecture, Roadmaps, Code Architecture, Dashboard Design, Machine Learning, Financial Data, PyMC3, ETL Tools