Lead Full-stack Developer | CTO2021 - 2022Navarc
Technologies: Python, Flask, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Firebase, BigQuery, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, Devtron, Argo CD, REST APIs, SQLAlchemy
- Completely redesigned the database architecture into a simpler model.
- Refactored the back end from scratch into a cleaner, maintainable project.
- Optimized and managed the infrastructure alone. Along with the two previous measures, this led to a decrease in infrastructure costs of 70%.
- Introduced best practices, including a proper Gitflow, documentation, and test suite.
- Code reviewed all pull requests and provided thorough follow-up feedback to ensure the growth of team members.
- Guided all feature-related decisions to ensure technical efficiency and optimal UI/UX.
Co-founder and Full-stack Developer2019 - 2021Zappr
Technologies: Python, Django, Android, Flutter, NGINX, Kubernetes, Firebase, Dart, Full-stack, WebSockets, REST APIs, Django REST Framework, iOS, Swift
- Designed the app structure to allow scaling and included all features of a complete social networking application, such as image and video caching and preloading, push notifications, an integrated camera, and a chat.
- Developed and debugged the complete application alone.
- Shipped the application into production on Android and iOS and deployed the back-end containerized apps into a Kubernetes environment.
Area Manager2017 - 2019Zalando
- Created KPIs during the ramp-up phase of a new Zalando logistics warehouse.
- Created and implemented processes that improved productivity and quality delivered as well as the co-workers' safety.
- Managed 150 to 200 people, including disciplinary responsibility. The objective was to permanently maintain and improve the co-workers' motivation by performing monthly feedbacks and advancement.
- Planed and coordinated FTEs to optimally achieve the goals and guarantee transparent communication with internal and external partners.
Teaching Fellow2016 - 2016University of Strasbourg
Technologies: Controlling, University Teaching
- Provided lectures in controlling as a teaching fellow at the University of Strasburg for 4th-semester students.
- Created new exercises and tests covering specific topics.
- Assessed mid-term tests and final exams as part of my role.
Freelance Developer2015 - 2015Freelance
Technologies: Excel VBA
- Developed a tailor-made database management software programmed in VBA for a client used by around 200 users.
- Organized meetings with end users in order to define the project specifications. Established an FAQ and step-by-step tutorial covering all functionalities of the application.
- Provided six months warranty (e.g., bug fixing) and end-user training of key users.
Assistant Project Manager2014 - 2015Daimler AG
Technologies: Project Management Office (PMO), Change Management
- Assisted the project manager in his daily tasks during the pre-project phase of the plant's migration towards a new ERP (SAP). Tasks included implementing the SAP project throughout all its essential phases, milestones, workshops, and meetings.
- Took care of financial issues and summarized the expenses for internal reporting purposes.
- Supervised the call for tenders, analyzed various offers to select the ideal service provider, and drafted the project's contract.
- Wrote a thesis which aimed at analyzing the plant's situation in terms of change management, a field in which I made several recommendations.
PMO Intern2014 - 2014Hugo Boss
Technologies: Project Management Office (PMO), Excel VBA
- Coordinated new orders coming from the Benelux of France autonomously to construct Hugo Boss shops and stores.
- Calculated cost estimations according to benchmarks and assisted cost and invoice control.
- Ordered via SAP and organized transportation of shop components.
- Created cross-departmental tools to automate cost extensive administrative tasks in Excel VBA and more generally solved any Excel-related problem.