Software Engineer - Remote2016 - 2018Analog Republic
- Worked on a web app using a bespoke PHP MVC and Docker to provide secure back-end API and front-end with a user system with 2FA login, internal messaging system and a whole lot of forms!
- Worked on OpenGL OSX desktop app implementation of their IP remote team management and communications software implementing an undocumented beta version C AV streaming SDK into AVFoundation I/O.
- Built native iOS and Android scanning apps to scan a ticket and check its code against an API (which I also built) that was used to scan thousands of tickets at a festival. I built apps for both platforms in one day!
- Developed a "scarf builder" UI module for RedBull that allowed you to add, remove, drag and drop, resize and rotate "stickers" onto a scarf as well as pick a backdrop. This would all then be rendered into a canvas and be saveable as a PNG.
- Put together a radio popup for Pearl Jam that tapped into their already running Icecast and streamed it through an HTML5 audio tag.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Flowlens
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, YAML
- Maintained and deployed new instances of their web app for management in the manufacturing industry. A lot of work on new instances was done to build reports output, I took the initiative and built a system to do this automatically.
- Picked up a proficiency for Ruby and, while I do prefer Golang, currently I have a soft spot for Ruby because of how poetic it can be.
Software Engineer and Full Stack Developer2013 - 2015Playne Design
Technologies: PHP, WordPress, Ruby on Rails, Python
- Worked in-house at Playne Design took me from simple dynamic business websites with a CMS to a fully fledged social media platform for a London Council.
- Picked up a lot of my PHP experience here as a lot of projects were making WordPress become far more than just a blogging tool.
- Used Python and Ruby on Rails to build an in-house server infrastructure to speed up internal processes like testing HTML emails. I also used a set of Git hooks to provide an easy way to push to a local staging server smoothing out web development workflow in our team nicely.
- Worked side by side with a designer to ensure every element of the finished product was up to standard. I still employ this methodology in my larger freelance contracts to this day.