Remote Software Engineer2016 - 2018Analog Republic
- Worked on a web app using a bespoke PHP MVC and Docker to secure a back-end API and a front end with a user system using 2FA login, internal messaging system, and many forms.
- Worked on OpenGL macOS desktop app implementation of their IP remote team management and communications software, implementing an undocumented beta version C AV streaming SDK into AVFoundation I/O.
- Built native iOS and Android scanning apps to scan a ticket and check its code against an API—which I also built—that was used to scan thousands of tickets at a festival. I made apps for both platforms in one day.
- Developed a "scarf builder" UI module for RedBull that allowed to add, remove, drag and drop, resize and rotate "stickers" onto a scarf as well as pick a backdrop. This would then be rendered into a canvas and be saveable as a PNG.
- Composed a radio popup for Pearl Jam that tapped into their already running Icecast and streamed it through an HTML5 audio tag.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Flowlens
- Maintained and deployed new instances of their web app for management in the manufacturing industry. A lot of work on new instances was done to build reports output—I took the initiative and created a system to do this automatically.
- Worked from beginning to end, ensuring the app's new instances worked to each client's unique specifications through interpreting and developing those specifications into Rails back- and front-end architecture.
- Picked up a proficiency for Ruby, and while I do prefer Go, I currently have a soft spot for it.
Software Engineer and Full-stack Developer2013 - 2015Playne Design
- Worked in-house at Playne Design, from simple dynamic business websites with a CMS to a fully-fledged social media platform for a London Council.
- Picked up a lot of my PHP experience here, as many projects were making WordPress become far more than just a blogging tool.
- Used Python and Ruby on Rails to build an in-house server infrastructure to speed up internal processes like testing HTML emails. I also used Git hooks to automate deployment on a local staging server to smooth out their web development workflow.
- Worked side by side with a designer to ensure every element of the finished product was up to standard. I still employ this methodology in my larger freelance contracts to this day.