Java Developer in Colima, Mexico
Software Mixologist2016 - PRESENTMichelada.io
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React
- Implemented Async processing using Node.js.
- Developed front-end functionality using React.js.
- Supported and modified Spree eCommerce.
- Created a full API for use in iOS applications from scratch.
Stowawaycosmetics.com2015 - 2016Stowaway Cosmetics (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Spree, Heroku, PostgreSQL
- Maintained the subscription workflow for Spree.
- Added Unit and Behavior tests to the project.
- Extended Spree to create custom features for the admin.
- Created a Spree public API to create a React front-end for the store.
- Provided general support for the existing legacy code.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 20161A Auto de Mexico
Technologies: Java, MS SQL, PHP, CodeIgniter, Broadleaf eCommerce platform
- Contributed to the new Java-based portal.
- Created a completely new product involving an ETL and other data conversion technologies.
- Created the vendor's dedicated interface infrascructure.
- Added Ansible and Docker deployments for some projects.
- Provided general data processing and transformation of the business.
Software Developer2011 - 2013Crowd Interactive
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ruby, Sinatra, Backbone.js, Objective-C, Postgres, MySQL, Solr, Percona, Ember.js, Backbone
- Worked as a consultant for StyleVie, a Ruby on Rails-based eCommerce platform.
- Worked as a consultant and Ruby on Rails back-end developer for GoPago. Migrated the architecture from Rails 2 to Rails 3. Implemented the customers' menu editor.
- Worked as a consultant and Ruby on Rails back-end and front-end developer for BillFloat.
- Created an iOS client for retrospectus.com, an in-house application.
Senior Software Developer2008 - 2011SERLOCC
Technologies: Java, Oracle, Android, JSP, JSF
- Developed the Chihuahua local government vehicle plates registration program.
- Implemented integration with tax department POSs for the Chihuahua local government pin pad.
- Created the Chihuahua local government online tax payment system.
System Administrator2006 - 2008Total Automation and Controls
Technologies: Java, Oracle, .NET, Linux
- Created the company ERP.
- Handled the email, file sharing, and LDAP servers.
Junior PHP Developer2005 - 2006Conorte Alsuper
Technologies: PHP, Perl, PostgreSQL
- Supported the provider inventory page.
- Grendel (Development)https://github.com/netmask/grendel
Grendel is a secure storage system for user protected documents. It uses OpenPGP keys to ensure that the data of the user is only accessible by the user and people authorized by the user.
- Banorte Payworks gem (Development)https://github.com/netmask/banorte_payworks
This gem simplifies a Mexican bank's payment gateway.
- Termbox bindings (Other amazing things)https://github.com/netmask/termbox_ruby
A proof-of-concept for using SWIG to easily make Ruby-C bindings.
FrameworksSpring, Spring MVC, Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Laravel, Cocoa Touch, Cocoa, Sinatra, ReactiveCocoa, Qt, CodeIgniter, Core Data
ToolsEmacs, Adobe Photoshop, IDEA IDE, Zsh, Fireworks
ParadigmsSOLID Principles, Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Reactive Programming, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
PlatformsMacOS, Linux, iOS, Windows, Ubuntu
Libraries/APIsReact, Backbone.js, React DnD, Vue.js, jQuery, CocoaPods, Devise
StorageElasticsearch, CouchDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS