Jonathan Andres Garay Mendoza
Verified Expert in Engineering
Jonathan is an accomplished developer with extensive experience in various technologies related to the financial sector and eCommerce. He places high value on delivering his projects within the set timelines and budget without compromising the quality of his code. His technical proficiency and his commitment to excellence make him an asset to any team he works with.
Bash, Zsh, IDEA IDE, MacOS, Git, Emacs, SOLID Principles
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is the development of a payment portal for a large Mexican bank.
Valence Labs, Inc.
- Worked on the back end, implementing new functionalities.
- Migrated implementations from Ruby to Elixir and performed database optimizations.
- Implemented facilities to process large amounts of transactions per minute.
- Implemented asynchronous video and data processing using Node.js.
- Developed front-end functionality using React for a hiring management platform.
- Supported and modified Spree Commerce plugins for a variety of clients.
- Created a full API and iOS applications from scratch for a Trello-like startup.
- Maintained the subscription workflow for Spree. And the general page functionality. Added unit and behavior tests to the project.
- Extended Spree to create custom features for the admin.
- Created a Spree public API to create a React front-end for the store.
- Provided general support for the existing legacy code.
Senior Software Developer
1A Auto de Mexico
- Contributed to the new Java-based portal.
- Created a completely new product involving an ETL and other data conversion technologies.
- Created the vendor's dedicated interface infrascructure.
- Added Ansible and Docker deployments for some projects.
- Provided general data processing and transformation of the business.
- Performed as a consultant for StyleVie, a Ruby on Rails-based eCommerce platform.
- Collaborated as a consultant and Ruby on Rails back-end developer for GoPago. Migrated the architecture from Rails 2 to Rails 3. Implemented the customers' menu editor.
- Served as a consultant and Ruby on Rails back-end and front-end developer for BillFloat.
- Created an iOS client for retrospectus.com, an in-house application.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed the Chihuahua local government vehicle plates registration program.
- Implemented integration with tax department POSs for the Chihuahua local government pin pad.
- Created the Chihuahua local government online tax payment system.
Total Automation and Controls
- Created the company ERP.
- Handled the email, file sharing, and LDAP servers.
Junior PHP Developer
- Supported the provider inventory page.
Banorte Payworks gemhttps://github.com/netmask/banorte_payworks
Spring, Spring MVC, Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Laravel, Cocoa Touch, Cocoa, Sinatra, ReactiveCocoa, Phoenix, Spring Boot, .NET, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), JSF, Qt, CodeIgniter, Core Data
Emacs, Adobe Photoshop, IDEA IDE, Zsh, Fireworks, Git, Solr, Spree
MacOS, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), iOS, Docker, Percona, Oracle, Android, Heroku, Windows, Ubuntu
SOLID Principles, APIs, Hotwire
React, Backbone.js, Stripe, Shopify API, Node.js, React DnD, Vue, jQuery, CocoaPods, Devise
Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Reactive Programming, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA)
Elasticsearch, CouchDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostGIS