Lead Engineer2015 - PRESENTAttend.com
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Apache, Angular.js
- Focused on front-end architecture and building a strong engineering team.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2015Etsy
- Wrote public-facing site performance reports on Etsy’s “Code as Craft” blog, communicating quarterly load time metrics for etsy.com.
- Deployed and managed a custom WebPagetest instance on Amazon EC2 cloud servers, which was used to monitor site performance.
- Open-sourced wpt-script, a WebPagetest client that makes it easy to automatically run tests and gather data from WebPagetest.
- Open-sourced Hound, a code search tool which became Etsy’s third most popular open source project within one month of launch.
- Conducted performance audits across Etsy.com and built tooling to make regressions easier to identify and fix.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2012Wayfair
- Received 2009 “Founder’s Award for Innovation,” given to one employee each year hand-picked by the company founders out of 500+ candidates for outstanding contributions to the business.
- Promoted three times in less than four years, which was dramatically faster than peers.
- Led a team of five internal engineers and four remote contractors to rewrite Wayfair.com's code base using PHP, incorporating site design and brand overhaul.
- Trained and led a four-person CSS team during a redesign of all 200+ CSN Stores websites in 2009, establishing company-wide coding conventions and best practices.
- Built new features for the customer-facing websites as well as back-end tools to make it easier for our marketing team to make data changes.