Verified Expert in Engineering
The most amazing...
...thing I've created is a full 3D engine, built only from HTML-DOM elements (check my GitHub). I had to learn advanced mathematics for some portions.
- Oversaw and was in charge of all technological needs.
- Managed a team of five developers.
- Integrated our back-end logic deeply to the cloud (AWS) using the latest services such as AWS Lambdas and Elastic Beanstalk. This allowed the gradual breakdown of our monolithic server into smaller independent services.
- Developed hands-on a codebase used by our mobile and browser apps, incorporating interesting infrastructure that allowed maximum code reusage between the platforms.
- Created tools and workflows that allowed us to move from waterfall development (monthly release) to agile process, releasing new features daily.
- Added full-test coverage and altered the development team's workflow to be less dependant on manual QA. After several months, we had faster development pace and had no need for QA workers at all.
Front-end Team Leader
WSC Sports Technologies Ltd.
- Managed a team of 4 developers.
- Created my own super-intuitive framework for React called Cartiv. This framework is now implemented in most of our new apps, and it helps writing with a lot of ease.
- Developed an online tool similar to Photoshop. This was done with Canvas and client image editing processes.
- Created an online form that renders the online form (client side) to a beautiful image. This project required extra creativity, and we are thinking about writing a patent about it.
- Designed and created an online platform that creates sports highlights from complex demands. That was our biggest project, and it demanded a lot of thinking about architecture. Today this app continues growing with a lot of ease so my initial planning was proven to be solid.
- Implemented the same platform in mobile (iOS + Android) with React Native.
- Implemented an automatic workflow that checks code, analyze problems, run tests, and deploys for QA or production; all through Git and Git Hooks.
- Created a full boilerplate using NPM for script running, webpack for merging code, ESLint, Sass, and other cutting-edge technologies.
Client-side Developer | UI/UX Designer
Keren Zavit Project
- Designed the UX of a complicated dashboard and client tools similar to Wikipedia.
Smart Financial Traffic
- Maintained a large codebase of an existing web portal.
- Created new widgets for the portal.
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | HUJI
- Created an automatic tool to download Hebrew poetry from around the web; built this tool to learn Node.js, Cheerio, and web scraping.
- Developed an artistic project that auto-generates poetry, and another similar project that takes a web page and a Chrome extension where you can create a song out of the text in the page (with rhymes and rhythm).
This framework provides a whole new experience to the React developer—making the store/state management (which is out of React's scope) an easy and fun process.
The architecture that I used is fully functional and super-simple—making state changes in one place, and everything else is responsive to that.
This project was for demonstration purposes only, as 3D-rendering is done usually with WebGL. I'm very glad I created this, though it's quite useless for real-world demands
The demo can be found in the link, it might not work on all browsers. The code can be found at the link below:
We created this for an Israeli festival (a regional burning-man event). It's a huge cube made of vinyl records, and inside EEG scanners transform participants' brainwaves to light, sound, and images while meditating.
Dynamic Type Checkerhttps://github.com/yonatanmn/DataTypes-and-arguments-checker
Express.js, React Native, NestJS, Redux, AngularJS, Angular
React, Node.js, RefluxJS, MobX, Facebook API, jQuery, Three.js, Passport.js, Ramda, CheerioJS, TensorFlow
Grunt, Webpack, WebStorm, AWS ELB, Mongoose, Adobe Photoshop, AWS CLI, Git
UX Design, Functional Programming, Mobile UI Design, Mobile UX Design
AWS Lambda, Proto.io, Azure
MongoDB, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Web UX, Lambda Functions, Chrome Extensions
Master's Degree in Cognitive Science
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | HUJI - Jerusalem, Israel