Contractor2019 - PRESENTVeraset
Technologies: SQL, PostGreSQL, PostGis, Spatial
- Created a data product from POI data using spatial techniques.
VP, Product Engineering2016 - 2019iCrossing
Technologies: Adobe Audience Manager, MySQL, Google Sheets, Hive, Redshift, Tableau, Datorama, AWS
- Created a new data management platform practice in the company and delivered services to clients.
- Managed an Apache Spark development team that processed large amounts of weblog data continuously,.
- Managed and led a data warehouse product team that delivered insights to clients.
- Envisioned and prototyped a new data-driven product including database design and creation.
- Architected a new data strategy for an existing data product in order to monetize existing investments.
Senior Director, Data Services2007 - 2016iCrossing
Technologies: Redshift, MySQL, PostGreSQL, Netezza, Greenplum, Oracle, Erwin, Bash, Git, Sourcesafe, Pentaho Data Integrator, Tableau
- Led the design and delivery of a marketing analytics data warehouse/business intelligence system using Agile methodology.
- Managed all database systems across the company, consisting of five major database platforms—over 50TB of data—in four major products, with nine direct reports on two continents.
- Built a team of remote DBAs.
- Built a profitability model and tracked the value of the organization.
- Onboarded a Netezza data warehouse to reduce the processing time of daily jobs from over 24 hours to less than 2.
- Established and implemented data security policies.
CTO2003 - 2007Sharp Analytics
Technologies: SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Pentaho Data Integrator, Netapp, Linux, Bash
- Created a flexible digital marketing data warehouse system to manage the unique needs of each client.
- Created data cleansing procedures to speed up the onboarding of client data.
- Selected the best of bread technologies for data visualization and dashboarding needs and then implemented client-facing dashboards.
- Introduced and implemented Agile methodology to an existing software development team.
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse framework SDK in Bash.
Manager, Scientific Computing2001 - 2003Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
Technologies: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, VB, Unix
- Wrote a PL/SQL library as an API to the database for all internally developed apps.
- Developed a security model, implemented, in PL/SQL, that was used by all client applications.
- Redesigned a large database model (~100 entities) for increased efficiency and usability.
- Wrote SQL reports to give management insight into product inventory.
- Administered an Oracle database cluster, including backup, recovery, HA, tuning, security, and integrations.
Manager, Chemical Systems and Application Development1994 - 2001Institute for Scientific Information
Technologies: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, VMS, MS Access
- Developed QA programs to ensure data quality.
- Developed an MS Access application to automate manual processes.
- Administered an Oracle database that served as the core of a data product, including installation, security, backup, recovery, availability, and integrations with third-party tools.
- Served as the system administrator of the VAX VMS systems that powered the database and product systems.
- Envisioned and proposed possible new product ideas, including documentation and feasibility studies.
- Provided on-site and overseas training and support for the flagship data product, all in French.