Data Engineer2020 - PRESENTPfizer
Technologies: Data Modeling, Python, Data Engineering, Redshift, Linux, Neo4j, SQL
- Composed Python code to reliably extract data from Redshift and load it to Neo4j.
- Designed business practices and procedures in a graph model.
- Developed methods to improve and ensure the quality of the graph.
- Supported all data engineering needs for a critical supply chain application.
GIS Data Engineer2020 - PRESENTSourcewater, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Modeling, Data, Spatial Databases, Data Engineering, Slack, AWS, Agile, Database Design, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Ingested and analyzed large data sets to identify behavioral patterns.
- Analyzed road usage and traffic and published a report of findings.
- Used GPS data to identify cohorts of users and measure the flow of resources.
Data Warehouse Engineer2020 - PRESENTHaus.com
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Modeling, Python, Boto 3, Data, AWS Lambda, Data Engineering, Stitch Data, Slack, Linux, Microsoft 365, AWS, Snowflake, Agile, Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing
- Designed a data warehouse star schema of Kimball style facts and dimensions.
- Worked closely with business leaders to answer business-critical questions that add value.
- Integrated multiple sources using Stitch and other means.
- Wrote ETL procedures to orchestrate regular loads.
- Evaluated and recommended third-party tools based on functionality and price.
Contractor2020 - 2020eCommerce Retailer
Technologies: eCommerce, Data, Shopify Plus, Data Engineering, eCommerce Analysis, Microsoft 365, HIPAA Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), SPS, NetSuite, Logistics, Intuit QuickBooks, Shopify
- Mapped eCommerce flow and identified optimization opportunities.
- Formulated an optimization plan and presented it to executive leadership.
- Developed techniques to automate integration paths between multiple off-the-shelf products.
Contractor2019 - 2020Volvo Cars Americas
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data, Microsoft 365, AWS, Atlassian, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL, Catalogs
- Supported a data lake project to catalog a large list of internal data sources.
- Vetted and chose an off-the-shelf data catalog product from 19 competitors.
- Presented the results of the data catalog selection process to senior leadership verbally and in writing.
- Helped define a data strategy for the Salesforce DMP.
Contractor2019 - 2020Veraset
Technologies: Data Modeling, Data, Spatial Databases, Data Engineering, Microsoft 365, Database Design, Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, PostgreSQL, SQL
- Created a data product from POI data using spatial techniques.
- Used SQL to transform and analyze positional data.
- Used PostGIS functions to perform a complex geospatial analysis.
VP, Product Engineering2016 - 2019iCrossing
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Modeling, Data, Slack, DMP, Linux, Microsoft 365, AWS, Agile Software Development, Agile, Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Datorama, Tableau, Redshift, Apache Hive, Google Sheets, MySQL, Adobe Audience Manager
- Created a new data management platform practice in the company and delivered services to clients.
- Managed an Apache Spark development team that processed large amounts of weblog data continuously,.
- Managed and led a data warehouse product team that delivered insights to clients.
- Envisioned and prototyped a new data-driven product including database design and creation.
- Architected a new data strategy for an existing data product in order to monetize existing investments.
Senior Director, Data Services2007 - 2016iCrossing
Technologies: Data Modeling, Data, Analytics, Database Administration (DBA), ETL Development, Netezza, Oracle Database, Slack, Linux, Microsoft 365, Snowflake, Agile Software Development, Agile, Business Intelligence (BI), Database Design, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Tableau, Pentaho, Visual SourceSafe, Git, Bash, Erwin, Oracle, Greenplum, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift
- Led the design and delivery of a marketing analytics data warehouse/business intelligence system using the Agile methodology.
- Managed all database systems across the company, consisting of five major database platforms—over 50TB of data—in four major products, with nine direct reports on two continents.
- Built a team of remote database administrators (DBAs).
- Built a profitability model and tracked the value of the organization.
- Onboarded a Netezza data warehouse to reduce the processing time of daily jobs from over 24 hours to less than two.
- Established and implemented data security policies.
CTO2003 - 2007Sharp Analytics
Technologies: Data Modeling, Data, Analytics, Database Administration (DBA), ETL Development, Oracle Database, Linux, Microsoft 365, Agile Software Development, Agile, Business Intelligence (BI), Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Database Design, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, Bash, NetApp, Pentaho, Oracle, SQL
- Developed a flexible digital marketing data warehouse system to manage the unique needs of each client.
- Created data cleansing procedures to speed up the onboarding of client data.
- Selected the best of bread technologies for data visualization and dashboarding needs and then implemented client-facing dashboards.
- Introduced and implemented the Agile methodology to an existing software development team.
- Designed and implemented a data warehouse framework SDK in Bash.
Manager, Scientific Computing2001 - 2003Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
Technologies: Data Modeling, Data, Database Administration (DBA), Oracle Database, Linux, Microsoft 365, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Database Design, Unix, VB, SQL, Oracle
- Wrote a PL/SQL library as an API to the database for all internally developed apps.
- Developed a security model, implemented, in PL/SQL, that was used by all client applications.
- Redesigned a large database model (~100 entities) for increased efficiency and usability.
- Wrote SQL reports which gave management insights into product inventory.
- Administered an Oracle database cluster, including backup, recovery, HA, tuning, security, and integrations.
Manager, Chemical Systems and Application Development1994 - 2001Institute for Scientific Information
Technologies: Data Modeling, Database Administration (DBA), Oracle Database, Microsoft 365, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL, PL/SQL Developer, Database Design, Microsoft Access, VMS, SQL, Oracle
- Developed QA programs to ensure data quality.
- Developed an MS Access application to automate manual processes.
- Administered an Oracle database that served as the core of a data product, including installation, security, backup, recovery, availability, and integrations with third-party tools.
- Served as the system administrator of the VAX VMS systems that powered the database and product systems.
- Envisioned and proposed possible new product ideas, including documentation and feasibility studies.
- Provided on-site and overseas training and support for the flagship data product, all in French.