AWS Security Engineer2019 - PRESENTToptal
- Utilizing third-party tools to audit, configure, and secure a multi-region AWS deployment with a focus on mitigating high-risk vulnerabilities to all components of the business.
- Utilized Terraform to streamline deployment and automation for continuous monitoring of and deployment to the production environment.
- Created Jenkins tasks in the CI/CD pipeline to periodically audit, notify, and eliminate security vulnerabilities in custom packages as well as open-source software.
Senior IT Engineer2015 - PRESENTClare Controls
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, Shell, Ansible, Jira, Linux, AWS
- Created a CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins, Ansible, AWS, EKS (Kubernetes), and Git to reduce production pipeline to containers for rapid deployment of applications.
- Migrated multiple systems spread over global datacenters onto AWS Linux EC2 instances with MySQL RDS focused on security, scalability, and redundancy.
- Setup custom systems running Java, Apache (HTTP Proxy), and MySQL.
- Documented custom applications with a record to Confluence knowledgebase.
- Established an IT helpdesk with ticket reporting, time to resolutions, and purchase orders.
- Organized networking and security audits on customized hardware, software, and internally used equipment regarding CVE alerting.
- Installed Windows 2012 systems on top of Hyper-V platform with System Center Virtual Manager consolidating standalone servers onto clustered hosts.
- Managed around ten internal employees and external contractors in providing enterprise infrastructure, streamlining user authentication, and creation of a help desk system for tracking tickets and workloads.
Senior Systems Engineer2016 - 2019Technatomy
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, AWS, Ansible, Linux
- Oversaw the project as the subject matter expert for RedHat Enterprise Linux systems 5/6/7 for authentication and security platforms.
- Migrated the platform from on-premises to Microsoft Azure, including setup, configuration, and deployment of systems with automation tools such as Ansible and PowerShell.
- Managed a team of administrators and engineers in the design of end-to-end solutions from development to production with a mindset to continuous development and continuous integration.
- Spearheaded the architecture of the IBM Identify Manager Security software suite with development teams to replace end-of-life software.
- Identified security vulnerabilities with a focus on automation and remediation of risk-based findings.
- Created the documentation of installation guides for all stages of the application deployment to meet deliverable goals.
Infrastructure Manager2014 - 2015Xcira
Technologies: Java, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Apache, Puppet, RHEL
- Managed 200 Red Hat 5/6 systems around the globe running customized Java applications.
- Automated deployment of virtual machines using Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) and RHEV.
- Migrated 100 servers from Red hat 5 to Red Hat 6 with CFEngine and Puppet.
- Setup new security and management software to protect edge infrastructure and provide intrusion detection.
- Customized Apache, MySQL, and PostgreSQL packages for automated application installations.
- Ran the data center consolidation from multiple sites to a new center with supported contracts, leased lines, and vendor contracts.
Director of DevOps2010 - 2014ThreatTrack Security
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, Apache, Hadoop, MySQL, AWS, RHEL
- Spearheaded the rollout of the Cloudera Hadoop cluster on Red Hat Enterprise Linux for a big data project migrating several one-off systems into a central platform.
- Oversaw the Amazon Web Services administration of Mongo database servers, MySQL clusters, RHEL, and CentOS 5/6 servers.
- Deployed VMware-certified clusters with hundreds of VM’s (Windows, Linux) for QA and test environments.
- Developed a migration plan involving several departments locally and globally by combining several different processes on dozens of servers down to a high-availability clustered environment.
- Coordinated with in-house staff and outside vendors to bring in cutting-edge technology to reduce overhead, adapt to changing technologies, and mitigate security risk.
- Created SLAs for time-based responses for systems being down or offline with escalation and minimum resolution acceptability.
Systems Administrator Level IV2003 - 2010SysLogic
Technologies: Solaris, MySQL, Apache, LAMP, Cisco, VMware, Xen, RHEL
- Architected the virtualization platform with HP Blades running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and Xen for a production environment involving a reduction in the footprint of HVAC, power, and server maintenance. The product will be a testbed for future High Availability configurations.
- Deployed LAMP-based virtual development servers using an internally designed application running RHEL5, Apache 2.x, MySQL 5.x, and PHP 5.x.
- Set-up, supported, and configured Solaris 7,8,9, and 10 servers for use in the development environment running development software including WebLogic, MQ Series, Informix, Oracle.
- Developed the deployment strategy to migrate desktops running Red Hat 7.3, Windows 2000, and RHEL 3/5 with Windows XP for local and global environments.
- Documented the server lab, including Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, and AIX servers for restoration purposes, and upgraded each OS to the latest level.