Software Engineer2021 - PRESENTMeta (Facebook)
Technologies: Apache Thrift, Python, Infrastructure, MySQL, REST APIs, React, TypeScript
- Was a founding member of a critical back-end service for company-wide capacity management.
- Designed and built highly scalable APIs and microservices using Thrift, Python, MySQL, and Hive.
- Optimized one of the core microservices owned by the team and reduced its timeouts by 90%.
Software Development Engineer2020 - 2021Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Python, Java, TypeScript
- Led a team of engineers to deliver multiple projects end-to-end, adding new scheduling features to Amazon Connect.
- Designed and built highly scalable APIs, microservices, and data pipelines using AWS.
- Mentored other software engineers and interns in the team regularly.
Software Development Engineer2017 - 2018Amazon.com
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, IntelliJ, Git, AngularJS, Java
- Designed and built software and video games platform features, part of Amazon.com retail website.
- Overhauled the web portal for onboarding third-party software vendors.
- Trained the new intern and oversaw his internship project.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Unata (acquired by Instacart)
Technologies: Linux, Datadog, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Redis, PostgreSQL, Flask, Python
- Integrated Unata's eCommerce platform with third-party services such as Salesforce and Paypal.
- Optimized the daily client data ingestion process and reduced its runtime by 80%.
- Wore many hats and played vital roles in the back end, DevOps, and client meetings while the company grew quickly from 10 to 50+ people in a year.
Software Engineer Intern2013 - 2014Demonware (Activision Blizzard)
Technologies: Linux, Jira, Git, ArangoDB, MySQL, Python
- Implemented features for an operations tool for automating datacenter management workflows.
- Created plugins for the automation tool to interface with MySQL and ArangoDB.
- Built a datacenter topology visualizer for an in-house hackathon.