Applied Scientist2017 - 2019Amazon
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), TensorFlow, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python
- Researched and developed spoken language understanding (SLU) models for Amazon Alexa.
- Built custom machine translation pipeline to use existing English data, halving the time and data requirements to bootstrap Alexa’s natural language understanding (NLU) models for new languages (saving $ millions).
- Refactored a large, legacy codebase to unify every locale's process for training NLU models using test-driven development. Sped up the ordering process 25x. Reduced requirements for managing the process from 20 to 6 FTEs.
- Mentored the team on rigorous software engineering practices. Became one of six "trusted reviewers" after only five months.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer2016 - 2017Bloomsbury AI
Technologies: React, Flask, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Python
- Developed machine learning models for question answering, combining research in deep learning and machine reasoning using Python, Sklearn, and TensorFlow.
- Built a question-answering interaction and debugging tool in React.
- Built an interactive question-answering bot using probabilisitic logic.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015Lumi
- Switched to full-time Android development, helping create an app used by over 100k people.
Co-founder and CTO2013 - 2014Elective.com
Technologies: PostGIS, Django, Python
- Built a platform to connect patients with worldwide medical providers.
- Built partnerships with international dentists and booked over £160,000 worth of consultations.
Technology Scholar2008 - 2012Cambridge Consultants
Technologies: Assembly Language, C, Python
- Debugged processor design using an FPGA (C/Python/Assembly).
- Led the technical team in creating a touchscreen device to show appliance-level real-time energy use.