Verified Expert in Engineering
Jordan has worked as a software engineer in both academic and industry settings. He started his career by writing platform software which is used to power hundreds of Android applications. Shortly thereafter, he began supplementing his mobile development skill set by developing applications on the iOS platform. Furthermore, Jordan has held positions as a scientific programmer for a university research lab and a biotechnology startup.
JetBrains, Xcode, Visual Studio, Git
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on involved writing code to perform data analysis and auditioning machine learning algorithms for antigen epitope mapping.
- Developed an application for streaming and managing a music library using Swift.
- Coordinated with a project manager to create a development outline and deadlines.
- Developed a back-end application for managing and streaming music using AWS.
- Developed major front-end features for an iOS app.
- Fixed bugs in previously written Swift code from past developers.
- Deployed builds and managed the build pipeline for iOS apps.
Milbar Hydro-Test Inc
- Developed an Android app using Kotlin, used by on-site workers to log and calculate important hydro-test calculations.
- Established an application back end for storing measurements and calculations.
- Created an iOS app using Kotlin, used by on-site workers to log and calculate important hydro-test calculations.
- Designed and implemented deep learning models used for the in silico design and the selection of therapeutic antibodies.
- Reviewed literature and novel research in machine learning. Reported these results to the team and integrated several ideas into our platform. These included sequence-based NLP and structure-based methods.
- Implemented interpretation methods to help explain to stakeholders why the neural network models come to certain conclusions.
- Organized and led machine learning team meetings and directed other team members on machine learning projects.
- Developed and supported web-based tools used to normalize data entry and provide on-demand research and analysis data used by 100+ scientists.
- Set up data collection and analysis pipelines used in automated experiments utilizing thousands of different proteins and hundreds of parameters.
- Interfaced regularly with scientists and researchers to ensure that their data collection and retrieval needs are met.
- Developed novel data visualization technologies with the Unity3D engine.
- Collaborated with a small team to rapidly produce prototypes for testing.
- Incorporated art and design into a procedurally generated environment in collaboration with artists.
- Built a user/group and user/user messaging interface, which mimicked the native iOS messaging application's core feature.
- Used the Google Maps SDK to power user-customized interactive maps, location-triggered events, and user to user location sharing.
- Built the front end of the DREAM Aware application on the App Store.
Lab Manager | Research Engineer
The University of Texas at Austin, Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences
- Designed software to reconstruct 3D representations of serially scanned and sectioned tissue samples using MatLab and Python.
- Developed adaptive control software for a novel mechanical tissue to accomplish sub-micron resolutions deformation control in LabVIEW and Python.
- Created LabVIEW C++ extensions to interface with device drivers.
- Oversaw the daily operations of the lab, including managing inventory and directing research assistants.
- Co-authored two currently published scientific papers and several other pending publications.
- Worked on a small team to quickly spin out prototype applications.
- Developed iOS and Android client applications to provide schedule and routing information to drivers.
- Developed Android platform software to support over 100 mobile applications.
- Wrote build server scripts and managed build server operations for Android projects.
Android Test Engineer
- Developed automation test suites to streamline and improve the coverage of quality assurance testing.
- Wrote Python and Google scripts powered tracking tools, which interfaced with Jira REST services to provide in-depth statistics for bug tracking.
A Review of Deep Learning Methods for Antibodieshttps://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32354020/
ReadZinc Data Visualization Software
VeepWorks DREAM App
Crave Delivery Logistics Full-stack Development
Small-scale Biaxial Tester with In-plane Deformation Controlhttp://biomechanical.asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/article.aspx?articleid=2666965
I worked at multiple levels on this project: writing analysis software to assess device performance, determine control parameters and analyze final device results. I even designed some of the hardware components in SolidWorks. The analysis software was written in MATLAB and Mathematica and the UI and control software was written in LabVIEW.
Git, Jupyter, Subversion (SVN), MATLAB, Visual Studio, Xcode, JetBrains, TeamCity, Android Studio, LabVIEW, Cascade CMS, Jira, Mathematica, Biopython
Mobile Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Data Science, Continuous Integration (CI), Asynchronous Programming, Agile Software Development, REST, Test Automation
iOS, Jupyter Notebook, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Google App Engine, Firebase, Eclipse, Azure
Machine Learning, Front-end Development, Software Development, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Full-stack, Back-end, Back-end Development, Google AdWords Scripts, Deep Learning, Scientific Computing, Scientific Data Analysis, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data Analysis, Web Development, 3D Reconstruction, Biotech, Audio, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
.NET, Unity, Unity3D, Android SDK, Express.io, Robotium, Django, Flask
PyTorch, REST APIs, Node.js, Google Maps SDK, TensorFlow, React, NumPy, Bottle.py, RxSwift, RxKotlin, AVKit
NoSQL, Google Cloud
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
The University of Texas - Austin, TX, USA