Verified Expert in Engineering
Jordan is a software developer who's experienced in international environments. His work has revolved around programming, entrepreneurship, user experience, and communication. He co-founded two startups in Sofia—one specializing in software development and the other in UX design. Passionate and personable, Jordan is a good communicator and an even better listener.
Git, Linux, Python 3, Kotlin, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...project I've contributed to is Open Source University, a decentralized blockchain-based platform for the immutable storage of certificates and achievements.
Open Source University
- Co-founded the startup, gathered a software development team and created an infrastructure allowing for quick development iterations.
- Implemented a distributed blockchain-based platform to help learners claim and advance their academic and professional identities.
- Coordinated with the development, design, and operations teams to ensure the timely delivery of the product.
- Ensured the quality of deliverables by implementing test automation and code review processes.
- Integrated continuous improvement and continuous deployment systems to increase the quality and speed of delivery.
- Co-founded the company and bootstrapped it to a profitable boutique software and design studio.
- Coordinated a remote development team of five team members to deliver 20+ web applications.
- Implemented a continuous delivery infrastructure, enabling our customer in eCommerce with 30,000+ orders per month to roll-out into production with five minutes build time and zero downtime.
- Conducted training for 80+ Python developers for a client based in Sofia and improved their skill set.
- Transformed client requirements into tangible tasks for the development team and cooperated in their execution.
Senior Python Developer
- Refactored a software updating legacy project and optimized its performance by a factor of 10.
- Developed a real-time monitoring platform that analyzes the operation of a system critical for the business.
- Performed Python development training for 15+ interns, 70% of which were later hired by the company.
- Found and securely reported 4 permission-elevation attack vectors within internal systems containing sensitive data.
- Participated as a tech speaker in two conferences, helping the company gain traction.
- Prototyped a mobile control panel for the World's first 384 kHz converter & preamp with Atomic Clocking.
- Customized Odoo ERP system (formerly OpenERP) to comply with Bulgarian laws. The system contained business critical components for stock management, invoicing, CRM, and quality control.
- Designed and implemented a back-end service for managing software updates of devices.
Sofia Urban Mobility Center
- Implemented functionality to a park-by-SMS system, serving 300,000 parking requests per day in Sofia city center.
- Performed a roll-out of major database schema changes iteratively, allowing parking in multiple zones while preserving normal system operation.
- Developed a module for vignette stickers, allowing citizens living in Sofia city center to purchase yearly subscriptions and park their vehicles cost efficiently.
- Developed OSQA (open source Q&A platform, similar to StackOverflow), currently deployed on hundreds of websites.
- Coordinated with the community on feature requests, bug fixes and merge requests.
- Implemented and deployed custom add-ons for two enterprise grade clients.
- Delivered more than 20 web-based projects in two years.
- Introduced Python and Django into the tech stack of the company and implemented it as a primary toolset for new projects.
- Automated the deployments to staging and production environments.
Open Source University
OS.UNIVERSITY has a multichain architecture and is powered by EDU tokens, providing zero-percent commission fees for transactions on the decentralized educational marketplace.
From content discovery to validation and verification of acquired knowledge and skills, the diverse set of smart contracts behind the ÐApp shape (OS.UNIVERSITY) as the go-to location for the next generation of learners.
Paranoik Backups Masterhttps://github.com/codeideo/paranoik-backups/blob/master/README.md
Django, Django REST Framework, Qt, Corona SDK, Redux
Docker Compose, Atom, Git, Odoo, GitLab CI/CD, GitLab
Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Design Patterns, Functional Programming
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Meteor, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
Technical University of Sofia - Sofia, Bulgaria
The John Atanasoff – Projects with Outstanding Social Significance
President of the Republic of Bulgaria
Certified Scrum Master