Senior Software Engineer2020 - 2021Alteryx
Technologies: React, Redux, GitLab CI/CD, GraphQL
- Instructed third-party contractors at Persistent Systems on the use of React, Redux, and internal libraries, driving their successful delivery of new connectors.
- Interacted with and maintained relationships with developer partners, teaching them how to use the UI SDK and create useful tools for the Alteryx ecosystem.
Full-stack Software Engineer2019 - 2020TeamSnap
Technologies: React, Redux, Ruby, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Elixir, Microservices
- Led the development of the Hockey Canada integration, enabling one of our largest partners to successfully enroll and manage members of their youth leagues.
- Served as a versatile employee, working across multiple teams and areas of the architecture to help shore up knowledge gaps.
- Mentored and upskilled two junior React developers to develop more productive team members.
Full-stack Software Engineer2018 - 2019Gaia
- Lifted the median minutes watched (our most important business metric) by 80% through the development of our share and portals functionality.
- Reduced the number of React lifecycle re-renders from 6,000 to 57 by employing my expertise in the framework.
- Rewrote the scaffolding of Gaia's application to allow for code splitting and server-side rendering, which reduced our Google Lighthouse time to meaningful content from five seconds to less than 1.5 seconds.
Software Engineer2018 - 2018AlsoEnergy
- Created an in-depth star chart (using HTML canvas) that calculated the zenith and trajectory of the sun to help illustrate the most effective times to utilize solar panels.
- Developed the first suite of unit tests for the UI at the company, thus improving the stability and ability to deploy to production more rapidly.
- Led the development of kiosk and dashboarding applications to create beautiful UIs for our paid partners.