C++ Developer in Findlay, OH, United States
Member since March 13, 2016
Jordan is a software and systems guru and startup CTO with expert skills and over a decade of full-stack software engineering experience utilizing C++, Python, Java, Objective-C, C#, MySQL, shell scripting, and web programming. He's a computer vision expert using OpenCV/MATLAB and teaches university CS courses. He was the CTO of Di8itcharts.com, an acquired data-visualization startup, and CTO of Wander Media Company, a multimedia startup.
Head Engineer | Technology Director2016 - PRESENTWander Media Company
Technologies: Unix and Network Administration, Linux Scripting, HD Video Transmission, Embedded Computing
- Engineered the proprietary technology that inexpensively streams online hospitality channels into area hotels and resorts.
Computer Science Professor2014 - PRESENTThe University of Findlay
Technologies: Academic Research, Teaching, Full-stack Development
- Taught the following computer science undergraduate and graduate courses: Software Engineering, Computer Networking, Data Communications, Python Programming, C# Programming, Professional Development, Computer Software Design, Introduction to Unix, and Introduction to Computers.
- Performed personal research, as well as undergraduate student research, in areas including Data Analytics, Human Computer Interaction and Usability Engineering, and Image Processing and Computer Vision.
- Mentored students from diverse backgrounds, both at an academic and personal level.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)2015 - 2016Di8it Charts
- Worked as a one-person engineer and CTO of the world's leading chart digitizer, including the proprietary, patented algorithms to automatically and precisely segment and extract raw numerical data from chart images; it was acquired in under 1.5 years!
- Co-wrote a patent on the proprietary user interface and algorithms.
Libraries/APIsOpenCV, NumPy, jQuery, Pandas
ToolsAcrobat Pro, Git, Microsoft Visual Studio, GitHub, Emacs, Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, Eclipse IDE, Mathematica, Adobe Photoshop
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Database Design, Procedural Programming, Agile Software Development, Software Testing, UI Design, UX Design, REST, Human Interface Design, Compiler Design
PlatformsRaspberry Pi, Linux, Windows, Unix, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
StorageMySQL, Google Cloud, NoSQL, PostgreSQL
OtherFull-stack, Algorithms, Data Structures, Image Processing, Computer Vision, Web Scraping, Version Control, Cython, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
FrameworksMachine Learning, Flask, Hadoop
- PhD degree in Computer Science and Engineering2011 - 2014The University of Toledo - Toledo, OH, USA
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science2010 - 2011Bowling Green State University - Bowling Green, OH, USA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science2007 - 2009Bowling Green State University - Bowling Green, OH, USA