C++ Developer in Reno, NV, United States
Computer Vision Engineer2018 - PRESENTOccipital
Technologies: C++, OpenGL ES
- Optimized the pre-processing of images by a GPU in a highly parallelized system (OpenGL ES, C++).
Senior Graphics Software Developer | Project Leader2017 - 2018Oculus VR LLC (Contract with DISYS)
Technologies: Android, Linux, C++, VR, 3D Mathematics, Computer Graphics, OpenGL ES, Sensor Fusion, Git
- Researched and developed lens distortion correction, head tracking, and latency reduction algorithms for the Oculus VR mobile driver.
- Developed projects in C++, and in GLSL for OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Designed and developed a MARG sensor simulator to aid in the development and testing of sensor fusion algorithms.
- Produced well-documented and thoroughly tested subsystems.
Senior Lecturer2011 - 2018Digipen Institute of Technology
Technologies: Linux, C++, OpenGL, Python, Git
- Prepared content and delivered lectures for the following classes: C and C++ Programming Languages, Object-oriented Design, Data Structures, Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Graphics Fundamentals and Algorithms (2D and 3D, OpenGL), Advanced Rendering Techniques, Ray Tracing, Image Processing, Spatial Data Structures, Physics Simulation, and Computer Animation.
Senior Software Engineer | Team Lead | Engineering Manager2005 - 2011International Game Technology
Technologies: C++, Lua, Proprietary Game Engine
- Supervised a team of ten engineers in the process of designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining software to run on gaming devices.
- Acted as the lead engineer of the Wheel of Fortune Experience, the first game to be released on IGT’s premium Center Stage 103-inch plasma screen platform.
- Led the development of several other multiplayer slot machine games (eBay Community Free Spins, The Price is Right—Cliffhanger, Pony Express) throughout their whole lifecycle, using C++ and Lua on a proprietary platform.
- Redesigned and implemented an Ethernet protocol (which the Game Studio adopted) resulting in 3x faster communal networked game development.
- Developed a system which automated extensive testing procedures for power-fault tolerance in multiplayer games.
- Wheel of Fortune Experience (Other amazing things)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1t8d615Xyo&feature=youtu.be
A multiplayer slot machine with the server running on a 103-inch screen.
- Computer Graphics Algorithms Sandbox (Development)https://github.com/dazotaro/GraphicsSandbox
A collection of scenes to test 3D graphics algorithms (lighting, normal mapping, shadow mapping, deferred shading, and so on).
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, GLM
- 3D Game Engine (Development)https://github.com/dazotaro/toyRocket
I completed the initial work on a 3D game engine.
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, GLM, FreeImage
- Bubble (Development)https://github.com/dazotaro/bubble
This is an experimental project in using toy rockets; it explores the use of physics in moving the main object.
- Oculus VR Mobile driver (Development)https://www.oculus.com/gear-vr/
On this project, I worked on sensor fusion, optical distortion correction, and system latency compensation.
- Experimental 2D Game (Development)https://github.com/dazotaro/defender
Originally, a little 2D game to replicate the 1981 classic game "Defender" using OpenGL and SDL2. It evolved into an exercise to create a 2D physically animated mesh.
Technologies: OpenGL, Simple DirectMedia Layer 2 (SDL 2), GLM, C++
LanguagesC++11, C++, C++14, Python 2
Libraries/APIsOpenGL ES, OpenGL, SDL, OpenCV, ImageMagick
Toolsgnuplot, Git, Eclipse IDE, Gimp, Blender 3D
OtherSoftware Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Data Structures, Command Line Interface (CLI), Remote Work, Image Processing, Mathematics, Game Technology Development, Physics Simulation, Algorithms, Genetic Algorithms, Concurrency, Computer Vision Algorithms
PlatformsLinux, Visual Studio 2016
- Master's degree in Computer Science2002 - 2005University of Nevada, Reno - Reno, NV, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Physics1992 - 1999University of the Basque Country - Leioa, Spain