Computer Vision Engineer2018 - PRESENTOccipital
Technologies: C++, OpenGL ES
- Optimized the pre-processing of images by a GPU in a highly parallelized system (OpenGL ES, C++).
Senior Graphics Software Developer | Project Leader2017 - 2018Oculus VR LLC (Contract with DISYS)
Technologies: Android, Linux, C++, VR, 3D Mathematics, Computer Graphics, OpenGL ES, Sensor Fusion, Git
- Researched and developed lens distortion correction, head tracking, and latency reduction algorithms for the Oculus VR mobile driver.
- Developed projects in C++, and in GLSL for OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Designed and developed a MARG sensor simulator to aid in the development and testing of sensor fusion algorithms.
- Produced well-documented and thoroughly tested subsystems.
Senior Lecturer2011 - 2018Digipen Institute of Technology
Technologies: Linux, C++, OpenGL, Python, Git
- Prepared content and delivered lectures for the following classes: C and C++ Programming Languages, Object-oriented Design, Data Structures, Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Graphics Fundamentals and Algorithms (2D and 3D, OpenGL), Advanced Rendering Techniques, Ray Tracing, Image Processing, Spatial Data Structures, Physics Simulation, and Computer Animation.
Senior Software Engineer | Team Lead | Engineering Manager2005 - 2011International Game Technology
Technologies: C++, Lua, Proprietary Game Engine
- Supervised a team of ten engineers in the process of designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining software to run on gaming devices.
- Acted as the lead engineer of the Wheel of Fortune Experience, the first game to be released on IGT’s premium Center Stage 103-inch plasma screen platform.
- Led the development of several other multiplayer slot machine games (eBay Community Free Spins, The Price is Right—Cliffhanger, Pony Express) throughout their whole lifecycle, using C++ and Lua on a proprietary platform.
- Redesigned and implemented an Ethernet protocol (which the Game Studio adopted) resulting in 3x faster communal networked game development.
- Developed a system which automated extensive testing procedures for power-fault tolerance in multiplayer games.