Verified Expert in Engineering
Image Processing Developer
Jorge is an experienced software engineer who loves exploring and solving engineering puzzles with intelligent coworkers in positive environments. He thrives on building simple, efficient, robust solutions to difficult problems. Jorge joined Toptal because he really enjoyed his previous remote work experiences and he wanted to see what else was out there.
Git, Eclipse, Command-line Interface (CLI), Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed was a complex multiplayer (server-client architecture) game that used a 103-inch screen.
Southern New Hampshire University
- Redesigned the Game Development program.
- Developed curriculum to reflect industry needs.
- Supported online degree-seeking students.
Computer Vision Engineer
- Optimized the pre-processing of images by a GPU in a highly parallelized system (OpenGL ES, C++).
Principal Software Engineer
- Developed software for gaming devices (C++ and custom game engine).
- Improved the version control pipeline (Perforce and Subversion).
Senior Graphics Software Developer | Project Leader
Oculus VR LLC (Contract with DISYS)
- Researched and developed lens distortion correction, head tracking, and latency reduction algorithms for the Oculus VR mobile driver.
- Developed projects in C++, and in GLSL for OpenGL ES 3.0.
- Designed and developed a MARG sensor simulator to aid in the development and testing of sensor fusion algorithms.
- Produced well-documented and thoroughly tested subsystems.
Digipen Institute of Technology
- Prepared content and delivered lectures for the following classes: C and C++ Programming Languages, Object-oriented Design, Data Structures, Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Graphics Fundamentals and Algorithms (2D and 3D, OpenGL), Advanced Rendering Techniques, Ray Tracing, Image Processing, Spatial Data Structures, Physics Simulation, and Computer Animation.
Senior Software Engineer | Team Lead | Engineering Manager
International Game Technology
- Supervised a team of ten engineers in the process of designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining software to run on gaming devices.
- Acted as the lead engineer of the Wheel of Fortune Experience, the first game to be released on IGT’s premium Center Stage 103-inch plasma screen platform.
- Led the development of several other multiplayer slot machine games (eBay Community Free Spins, The Price is Right—Cliffhanger, Pony Express) throughout their whole lifecycle using C++ and Lua on a proprietary platform.
- Redesigned and implemented an Ethernet protocol (which the Game Studio adopted) resulting in 3x faster communal networked game development.
- Developed a system that automated extensive testing procedures for power-fault tolerance in multiplayer games.
Wheel of Fortune Experiencehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1t8d615Xyo&feature=youtu.be
Computer Graphics Algorithms Sandboxhttps://github.com/dazotaro/GraphicsSandbox
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, GLM
3D Game Enginehttps://github.com/dazotaro/toyRocket
Technologies: C++, OpenGL, GLM, FreeImage
Oculus VR Mobile driver
Experimental 2D Gamehttps://github.com/dazotaro/defender
Technologies: OpenGL, Simple DirectMedia Layer 2 (SDL 2), GLM, C++
C++11, C++, C++14, Python, Lua, Python 2, Python 3
OpenGL ES, OpenGL, SDL, OpenCV, ImageMagick, Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK)
gnuplot, Git, Eclipse IDE, Subversion (SVN), Visual Studio, Perforce, Blender
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Algorithms, Data Structures, Command-line Interface (CLI), Remote Work, Image Processing, Mathematics, Game Technology Development, Physics Simulations, Genetic Algorithms, Concurrency, Virtual Reality (VR), 3D, Computer Graphics, Sensor Fusion, Game Engine Programming, Computer Vision Algorithms
Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine, Unity3D, Qt
Linux, Eclipse, Android, Visual Studio 2016
Master's Degree in Computer Science
University of Nevada, Reno - Reno, NV, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Physics
University of the Basque Country - Leioa, Spain