Front-end Engineer2017 - 2018Alcatel/TCL
Technologies: Angular 2+, Java, PostgreSQL, Cassandra DB, RabbitMQ, Golang, SCSS, Jenkins, Docker, Redis, Kubernetes
- Ported the legacy JAVA/Spring + CassandraDB monolithic application into a Golang Gorilla/Mux + PostgreSQL + RabbitMQ and Redis RESTful server to support a lightweight app store.
- Ported the legacy Freemarker templates into a modern single-page application featuring Angular 2 components. Some components included complex filters and SVG graphic effects.
- Created a Docker Compose file to speed up Golang server development, featuring Redis, RabbitMQ, and PostgreSQL services.
- Created a Jenkins setup to support Kubernetes autoscaling in the stage and production servers.
- Created a RabbitMQ server to redirect traffic to the Kubernetes hosts as the load balancer.
Web Developer2017 - 2018Wanderly
Technologies: PHP 7.2, Laravel 5.7, Sass/SCSS, Angular 4, React 16.6, AWS Lambda, Node 10
- Created an Angular 4 dashboard to show monthly activity and earnings to the investors per state (D3.js maps).
- Created some CRUD/RESTful endpoints to implement users authentication (JWT).
- Deployed releases and maintained a small AWS cloud composed by some Lambdas, EC2 and RDS hosts for different environments.
- Ported some Blade templates to React components, in order to speed up users activity. The older Blade templates slowed down users interactivity.
- Created a Lambda function to convert an HTML payload into a downloadable PDF featuring page-breaking capability.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2017FraudNet
Technologies: TypeScript, Pug, Angular 2+, Stylus, AWS Lambda, Gulp, Bootstrap 3, Webpack, PostgreSQL
- Created a fraud detection control panel from zero, featuring Bootstrap 3 and Angular 2+.
- Consumed Lambda services to dump suspect data into a table and created a new component to allow credit card inspectors to select some fields to form expressions.
- Built some complex forms to dig into the data of that individual until the inspector gets enough evidence of fraud or innocence.
- Created a lot of custom SVG/JS components: USA maps and charts, JS plumb diagrams, fraud probability dashboards, suspicious activity relationships diagrams, etc.
- Developed some Lambda services (Node.js) to proxy server activity to third-party consumers (CRUD/RESTFul).
- Implemented the full authentication flow as an Angular app.
- Ported our existing modules into Pug templates to speed up development and to reduce the complexity of HTML components.
- Created a dynamic flowchart generator to track suspicious customer activities. This component was created using JS Plub and D3.js and it retrieved information in real time thanks to a web socket connection.
Web Developer2015 - 2016Heal.com
Technologies: WordPress, Less, Pug, VueJS, D3.js Charts, Gulp, Jenkins
- Created a custom WP theme featuring Vue JS widgets to consume real-time data and show available medical services on main California cities.
- Implemented a VPN-connected Docker container to proxy the client's RESTful server in order to comply with HIPAA security rules.
- Created custom WP widgets to show real-time data into a D3.js map.
- Implemented some Gulp tasks to minify Vue.js components, minify/obfuscate JS, compress some images, and transpile Pug templates into HTML.
- Set up Jenkins pipelines to deploy the WP site in three stages: dev, stage, and production.
Software Engineer2012 - 2015Nearsoft, Inc
Technologies: AWS, EC2, S3, EB, CDN, CodeShip, Jenkins, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Node.js, Express, Jade, Stylus
- Converted legacy front-end code to modern web technologies.
- Built the Vagrant machine using Puppet and Bash provider.
- Added CDN support using Amazon's S3.
- Implemented CodeShip continuous integration scripts.
- Implemented embeddable plugins to be inserted by web developers in their own websites.
Senior PHP Developer2012 - 2013Serpico Dev
Technologies: MySQL, jQuery, HTML5, GitHub, Laravel 3, Symfony, Nginx, CakePHP, Vagrant
- Contributed to the definition of business logic processes.
- Developed Facebook integrations.
- Introduced Less CSS to clients.
- Created jQuery plugins, like user cards, news, and finance carousel modules.
- Created a walkthrough/demo plugin used by the internal marketing team.
- Developed websites and maintained the servers.
- Created a 100k x 100k map navigator using tiling techniques (C++11) and image optimization libraries (Python).
- Trained and mentored teammates.
- Worked with product groups to develop and enhance usability.
- Led front-end projects to a timely and successful completion.
Senior Front-end Developer2011 - 2012Software Next Door
Technologies: jQuery, Less, SVN, Git, Apache 2, PHP 5.5, Jenkins, CodeIgniter
- Updated legacy PHP code to CodeIgniter.
- Converted an SVN repo to Git, improving team workflow.
- Added custom jQuery plugins.
- Implemented a PNG-JPG carousel.
Web Developer and E-marketing Specialist2009 - 2011Terramar Group
Technologies: MySQL, NetBeans, Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, WebGL, CSS3, HTML5, Ruby on Rails, Facebook API, PayPal API, Mexican Banks API, Python 2.5, PHP 5.4, Java
- Implemented the content delivery network using different VPS for assets, images, code, and data.
- Contributed to e-marketing campaigns: AdWords, Facebook Ads, PPC, PPV, email marketing, and SEO techniques.
- Created a web crawler from scratch using Python.
Web Developer2008 - 2009Club Solaris Resort
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, XHTML, jQuery, MySQL, Aptana Studio
- Created all the API connectors.
- Created clean, semantic, and ARIA-ready markup.
- Converted existing code to valid HTML entities, maintaining 4 UTF-8 translations, including Chinese.
- Sped up page render time using jQuery animation techniques.
- Created SEO setup to improve page rank.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008Virtuo Digital
Technologies: PHP 5.3, Apache 2, HTML, CSS, SVN, C++, Bash, Flash, CodeMirror, Ajax, CGI, SEO, CMS, PayPal
- Built JS modules for financial information visualization.
- Developed a custom JS chart library.
- Implemented continuous delivery strategy between FreeBSD and Linux using Rsync.
- Sped up page renders on the server side, using the in-house cache manager and created on C++ and Java.
- Easy Workflow Generator (Other amazing things)https://github.com/bubuntux/easyworkflowgenerator
A project to participate into Nearsoft Hackathon of 2013. It is a jQuery plugin to convert JSON files into a Flow Chart, using Raphael.js. Example: http://bubuntux.github.io/easyworkflowgenerator/
- DevBox (Other amazing things)https://github.com/adykto/devBox
A Vagrant machine to set up a LAMP + MEAN + Redis dev environment for all your team in minutes.
- Nacuii (Development)http://nacuii.com
Created a PHP CMS to allow multi-language, SEO-friendly content.
- Cmaze (Other amazing things)https://github.com/Mukazuge/Cmaze
Helped a friend of mine to create a SDL/C++ maze game. Featuring ugly monsters and file loading.
- CSS Shrinker (Other amazing things)https://github.com/adykto/CSS-Shrinker
A PHP class to minimize, validate, and uglify CSS files.
- Hangman (Other amazing things)https://github.com/gamesRum/Hangman
- Hotel Royal Solaris (Development)
Developed a custom CMS with SEO capabilities. Used PHP+LESS, jQuery. Added a translation plugin to support multiple languages.
- Amazeing (Other amazing things)
- Warro - Map Navigator (Other amazing things)https://github.com/adykto/warro
A friend of mine started a map navigator for really big images, and I helped him to support 120kpx x 80kpx using tiling techniques.
- Baja Outback (Development)
FrameworksBootstrap, Angular, AngularJS, ZURB Foundation, Laravel 5
Libraries/APIsjQuery Plugins, Handlebars, jQuery, Vue.js 2, Node.js, React
ToolsGulp.js, Adobe Photoshop, Grunt, Git, Vagrant, Bower, Stylus, Webpack 4, Docker Compose, Amazon SQS
ParadigmsDevOps, Responsive Web Design (RWD), REST, Pair Programming, Agile Software Development, Scrum
PlatformsWordPress, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS EC2
StorageMySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, Redis Cache
OtherPixel Perfect, User Interface (UI), Ajax, WordPress UX, WordPress Plugins, HTML to WordPress, PSD to WordPress, Lambda Functions
- Master's degree in Web Development2011 - 2013Californian Gulf University - Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S. México.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Engineering2004 - 2008Technical Institute of Major Studies of Los Cabos - San Jose del Cabo, B.C.S. México