Front-end Engineer2017 - 2018Alcatel/TCL
Technologies: Angular 2+, Java, PostgreSQL, Cassandra DB, RabbitMQ, Golang, SCSS, Jenkins, Docker, Redis, Kubernetes
- Ported the legacy JAVA/Spring + CassandraDB monolithic application into a Golang Gorilla/Mux + PostgreSQL + RabbitMQ and Redis RESTful server to support a lightweight app store.
- Ported the legacy Freemarker templates into a modern single-page application featuring Angular 2 components. Some components included complex filters and SVG graphic effects.
- Created a Docker Compose file to speed up Golang server development, featuring Redis, RabbitMQ, and PostgreSQL services.
- Created a Jenkins setup to support Kubernetes autoscaling in the stage and production servers.
- Created a RabbitMQ server to redirect traffic to the Kubernetes hosts as the load balancer.
Web Developer2017 - 2018Wanderly
Technologies: PHP 7.2, Laravel 5.7, Sass/SCSS, Angular 4, React 16.6, AWS Lambda, Node 10
- Created an Angular 4 dashboard to show monthly activity and earnings to the investors per state (D3.js maps).
- Created some CRUD/RESTful endpoints to implement users authentication (JWT).
- Deployed releases and maintained a small AWS cloud composed by some Lambdas, EC2 and RDS hosts for different environments.
- Ported some Blade templates to React components, in order to speed up users activity. The older Blade templates slowed down users interactivity.
- Created a Lambda function to convert an HTML payload into a downloadable PDF featuring page-breaking capability.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2017FraudNet
Technologies: TypeScript, Pug, Angular 2+, Stylus, AWS Lambda, Gulp, Bootstrap 3, Webpack, PostgreSQL
- Created a fraud detection control panel from zero, featuring Bootstrap 3 and Angular 2+.
- Consumed Lambda services to dump suspect data into a table and created a new component to allow credit card inspectors to select some fields to form expressions.
- Built some complex forms to dig into the data of that individual until the inspector gets enough evidence of fraud or innocence.
- Created a lot of custom SVG/JS components: USA maps and charts, JS plumb diagrams, fraud probability dashboards, suspicious activity relationships diagrams, etc.
- Developed some Lambda services (Node.js) to proxy server activity to third-party consumers (CRUD/RESTFul).
- Implemented the full authentication flow as an Angular app.
- Ported our existing modules into Pug templates to speed up development and to reduce the complexity of HTML components.
- Created a dynamic flowchart generator to track suspicious customer activities. This component was created using JS Plub and D3.js and it retrieved information in real time thanks to a web socket connection.
Web Developer2015 - 2016Heal.com
Technologies: WordPress, Less, Pug, VueJS, D3.js Charts, Gulp, Jenkins
- Created a custom WP theme featuring Vue JS widgets to consume real-time data and show available medical services on main California cities.
- Implemented a VPN-connected Docker container to proxy the client's RESTful server in order to comply with HIPAA security rules.
- Created custom WP widgets to show real-time data into a D3.js map.
- Implemented some Gulp tasks to minify Vue.js components, minify/obfuscate JS, compress some images, and transpile Pug templates into HTML.
- Set up Jenkins pipelines to deploy the WP site in three stages: dev, stage, and production.
Software Engineer2012 - 2015Nearsoft, Inc
Technologies: AWS, EC2, S3, EB, CDN, CodeShip, Jenkins, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Node.js, Express, Jade, Stylus
- Converted legacy front-end code to modern web technologies.
- Built the Vagrant machine using Puppet and Bash provider.
- Added CDN support using Amazon's S3.
- Implemented CodeShip continuous integration scripts.
- Implemented embeddable plugins to be inserted by web developers in their own websites.
Senior PHP Developer2012 - 2013Serpico Dev
Technologies: MySQL, jQuery, HTML5, GitHub, Laravel 3, Symfony, Nginx, CakePHP, Vagrant
- Contributed to the definition of business logic processes.
- Developed Facebook integrations.
- Introduced Less CSS to clients.
- Created jQuery plugins, like user cards, news, and finance carousel modules.
- Created a walkthrough/demo plugin used by the internal marketing team.
- Developed websites and maintained the servers.
- Created a 100k x 100k map navigator using tiling techniques (C++11) and image optimization libraries (Python).
- Trained and mentored teammates.
- Worked with product groups to develop and enhance usability.
- Led front-end projects to a timely and successful completion.
Senior Front-end Developer2011 - 2012Software Next Door
Technologies: jQuery, Less, SVN, Git, Apache 2, PHP 5.5, Jenkins, CodeIgniter
- Updated legacy PHP code to CodeIgniter.
- Converted an SVN repo to Git, improving team workflow.
- Added custom jQuery plugins.
- Implemented a PNG-JPG carousel.
Web Developer and E-marketing Specialist2009 - 2011Terramar Group
Technologies: MySQL, NetBeans, Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, WebGL, CSS3, HTML5, Ruby on Rails, Facebook API, PayPal API, Mexican Banks API, Python 2.5, PHP 5.4, Java
- Implemented the content delivery network using different VPS for assets, images, code, and data.
- Contributed to e-marketing campaigns: AdWords, Facebook Ads, PPC, PPV, email marketing, and SEO techniques.
- Created a web crawler from scratch using Python.
Web Developer2008 - 2009Club Solaris Resort
Technologies: PHP, CodeIgniter, XHTML, jQuery, MySQL, Aptana Studio
- Created all the API connectors.
- Created clean, semantic, and ARIA-ready markup.
- Converted existing code to valid HTML entities, maintaining 4 UTF-8 translations, including Chinese.
- Sped up page render time using jQuery animation techniques.
- Created SEO setup to improve page rank.
Software Engineer2007 - 2008Virtuo Digital
Technologies: PHP 5.3, Apache 2, HTML, CSS, SVN, C++, Bash, Flash, CodeMirror, Ajax, CGI, SEO, CMS, PayPal
- Built JS modules for financial information visualization.
- Developed a custom JS chart library.
- Implemented continuous delivery strategy between FreeBSD and Linux using Rsync.
- Sped up page renders on the server side, using the in-house cache manager and created on C++ and Java.