Verified Expert in Engineering
Jose is a senior full-stack software engineer with an abundance of experience in front-end, back-end, and mobile development as well as server setup and infrastructure. He has served as technical leads on multiple projects and often handles complex issues that span across the tech stack. Jose takes pride in all the work he does and communicates effectively to find the best solutions for his clients. He values testing, maintainability, and safety of his code and architecture.
Slack, Adobe Suite, WebStorm, PyCharm, DataGrip, Go, RubyMine, Android Studio, Xcode, Docker, MacOS, Linux
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on required learning Go to write an optimized microservice, which greatly reduced the number of servers needed.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed, created, and tested microservices in Go and then integrated them which greatly increased our server performance and throughput allowing us to downscale our main servers while being able to maintain a higher throughput.
- Contributed to the conversion of the front end from ERB/AngularJS to React.
- Aided the QA in testing and product support concerning both our server and mobile applications.
- Contributed heavily to both reactors and implemented new features on our main application (Ruby on Rails).
- Performed code reviews on PRs for all of our applications across many different languages and frameworks.
- Worked on and maintained our four mobile applications (driver app as well as client app for both Android and iOS) as well as the embedded Apple TV app.
- Wrote scripts in Bash, Ruby, and Python that aided the team to be able to develop faster and automate tasks.
- Dockerized applications to make it easier to test and develop as the engineering team grew.
- Migrated apps to AWS from Heroku to save money and gain more control over the infrastructure.
- Assisted product in creating both the high level and individual tasks in Jira to get the stories fully fleshed out for other developers to be able to work on.
- Designed, created, and maintained APIs for the front end, mobile apps, and microservices.
- Developed, managed, and maintained a robust intranet using Ruby on Rails running behind an Nginx web server on Debian.
- Developed, managed, and maintained mobile applications (iOS and Android) which served both as an extension of the intranet and for unique tools to aid workers in the field at job sites.
- Created a dynamic system using Ruby on Rails for admins to create forms and design workflows in order to greatly streamline the manual process of filling out and sending paper forms. Over 50 forms were successfully automated.
- Wrote Ruby and Python scripts to analyze and consolidate data from ten different sources as well as scripts to automate email sending and specific tasks.
- Developed, managed, and maintained the server API to power mobile applications. This was done first in PHP and later in Ruby on Rails.
- Served as the sole engineer on the majority of the projects. This included project management, research and design, development, deployment, testing, and product support.
Ruby on Rails 4, Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Cocoa Touch, Ruby on Rails 3, Android SDK, RealmSwift, Core Data, Redux, Flutter, React Native, AngularJS
Ruby ERB, Ruby on Rails API, JSON API, REST APIs, Rails Engines, Google Maps, Google Maps API, MobX, Devise, React, Node.js, CocoaPods, React Redux
iOS, Heroku, Amazon EC2, Android, Linux, Docker, Firebase, MacOS, Adobe Suite, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
JSON, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PSQL, MySQL, Realm, SQLite, Redis, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server
APIs, Back-end, Rails Asset Pipeline, Webpack Rails Integration, Ruby Gems, Front-end, SOAP
Webpack, Docker Compose, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), RubyMine, GoLand, Android Studio, RVM, Xcode, Git, Slack, PyCharm, WebStorm, DataGrip, Node Version Manager
Bachelor's Degree in Biology and Chemistry
Florida State University - Tallahassee, FL, USA