Senior Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTAirspace Technologies
- Designed, created, and tested microservices in Go and then integrated them which greatly increased our server performance and throughput allowing us to downscale our main servers while being able to maintain a higher throughput.
- Contributed to the conversion of the front end from ERB/AngularJS to React.
- Aided the QA in testing and product support concerning both our server and mobile applications.
- Contributed heavily to both reactors and implemented new features on our main application (Ruby on Rails).
- Performed code reviews on PRs for all of our applications across many different languages and frameworks.
- Worked on and maintained our four mobile applications (driver app as well as client app for both Android and iOS) as well as the embedded Apple TV app.
- Wrote scripts in Bash, Ruby, and Python that aided the team to be able to develop faster and automate tasks.
- Dockerized applications to make it easier to test and develop as the engineering team grew.
- Migrated apps to AWS from Heroku to save money and gain more control over the infrastructure.
- Assisted product in creating both the high level and individual tasks in Jira to get the stories fully fleshed out for other developers to be able to work on.
- Designed, created, and maintained APIs for the front end, mobile apps, and microservices.
Software Engineer2014 - 2018MCM Construction
- Developed, managed, and maintained a robust intranet using Ruby on Rails running behind an Nginx web server on Debian.
- Developed, managed, and maintained mobile applications (iOS and Android) which served both as an extension of the intranet and for unique tools to aid workers in the field at job sites.
- Created a dynamic system using Ruby on Rails for admins to create forms and design workflows in order to greatly streamline the manual process of filling out and sending paper forms. Over 50 forms were successfully automated.
- Wrote Ruby and Python scripts to analyze and consolidate data from ten different sources as well as scripts to automate email sending and specific tasks.
- Developed, managed, and maintained the server API to power mobile applications. This was done first in PHP and later in Ruby on Rails.
- Served as the sole engineer on the majority of the projects. This included project management, research and design, development, deployment, testing, and product support.