APS Managing Consultant
2015 - PRESENT
- Reduced the time to read configuration items for the Callback Assist Application by implementing a second-level cache using EHCache. We achieved 3 times speedup with cache implementation.
Technologies: Java, Gigaspaces, SIP, WebRTC, VXML, JBoss, Tomcat, Telephony, Hibernate, Ehcache, Postgres, VBA
Cablevision (New York – Remote)
2011 - 2015
- Migrated Weblogic 10.3 applications to JBoss EAP 6.3.
- Migrated ADF 10G applications to ADF 12c in Weblogic 12c.
- Identified and fixed load-balancing, failover, and cluster issues on Weblogic 12c.
- Identified and fixed issues in the MOD_JK communication with JBoss EAP 6.3, which caused several issues in production with LDAP authentication using Web Services.
- Created infrastructure to migrate the Google Appliance Connector of Google Crawler to the new release.
Secretariat of Finance of the State of Goiás (SEFAZ-GO)
2005 - 2011
- Implemented the Web-based Infraction Notice System for the State of Goias.
- Created a Taglib for spelling and grammar checking for web applications using a Brazilian dictionary.
- Built the infraction notice search engine using Lucene instead of the traditional database search approach.
- Performed QA and defined architecture.
- Implanted a Maven repository based on NEXUS and still used today in SEFAZGO internal applications.
- Created infrastructure and repositories and defined profiles.
- Migrated 40 projects and mentored developers to migrate their applications.
- Worked as part of an expert team to identify and fix concurrent issues in the Electronic Invoicing System of Goias State (NFE). NFE ensures that all due tax revenue is collected; basically, a company selling products in Brazil must send each invoice electronically to the government for validation before shipping their goods.
- Defined QA tools and trained the developers in the use of tools like PMD, Checkstyle, and Findbugs to prevent common mistakes and follow best practices.
- Helped define and adopt a continuous integration system (Jenkins) and used unit testing with Maven.
Technologies: J2EE, J2SE, JSP, JMeter, Servlets, JSF, RichFaces, Struts 1, Struts 2, EJB 3.0, SQLServer, Oracle, Apache Lucene, Velocity, JDBC, JUnit, JMeter, Spring Framework, HTML, Hibernate Framework, JPA, JBoss Envers, Tomcat, SVN, CVS, VSS, Ant, Maven
Siemens (Brazil and Germany)
2004 - 2005
- Created the Formatter class for JSR 238 Mobile Internationalization API, the focus of which was to create locale-specific renditions of data items for dates, times, numbers, percentages, and currency amounts.
- Created an ANT script for code obfuscation and signing of J2ME applications.
- Utilized JSR 253 Mobile Telephony API (MTA).
- Created a J2SE tool using Java 5 and MySQL to help identify assertions in the JSR 253 specification for unit testing creation for the TCK of the JSR.
- Created test plans, unit testing based on J2ME Unit, and test harnesses to validate the Reference Implementation (RI) of JSR 253.
Technologies: J2ME, Midlet, J2SE, SVN, Ant, MIDP 2, CLDC 1.1, J2MEUnit, MySQL, JasperReports, Extreme programming