Software engineer2014 - PRESENTConsultant
Technologies: Scala, Scalaz, Play, Akka, Spark, Slick
- Built a prototype application in order to generalize an analytic platform, using Flume, Hadoop/Hive, RabbitMQ, and Cassandra.
- Helped migrate a Twitter stream analytics application from Apache storm + Redis to Spark streaming (Scala) and Cassandra.
- Worked on a fully functional Scala web app using Play Framework, Slick, and Scalaz. The whole application was wired inside using Akka actors.
Software Architect2012 - 2014Socialmetrix
Technologies: Java, Scala, Flume, Hadoop, Hive, RabbitMQ and Cassandra.
- Led a major data-oriented performance improvement of company products.
- Improved the scalability of data acquisition agents.
- Designed and developed a distributed application that allowed for manual data classification.
- Developed a new software life-cycle.
- Built a prototype next generation analytics platform.
- Led the back-end team and defined a high level architecture.
Software Engineer2011 - 2012MercadoLibre.com
Technologies: Java, Servlets, Maven, Freemarker
- Developed a new software life-cycle for the MercadoShops application.
- Designed and developed new features for MercadoShops, and improved the existing software designs.
- Performed a major migration, from an old resin to a new version of Tomcat.
- Improved performance by profiling and caching layers on the MercadoShops application.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Hybris Software (via Velocity Partners)
- Developed a Hybris extension to integrate it with SAP as a back-end, using standard J2EE technologies.
Software Engineer2011 - 2010MTV Networks International (via Velocity Partners)
Technologies: Java, Hibernate, Spring, Grails, MySQL
- Developed new functionalities using a custom Java framework built by MTV.
- Developed a set of functionalities for Nickelodeon International with a Groovy on Grails based framework.
- Maintained a custom Content Management System written in Java.
Software Engineer2005 - 2010La Capital - Newspaper
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Groovy on Grails, Java, OpenCms
- Developed a real estate portal using Groovy on Grails.
- Built a news portal using OpenCMS and Tomcat for a high traffic site.
- Created a Web layer to legacy systems using Ruby on Rails and ExtJS Framework. Integration with legacy systems was resolved using XML-RPC.
- Restructured Linux servers, focusing on ensuring high availability of services and the centralization of user information. TCO was reduced by consolidating servers using OpenVZ.
- Created a service to distribute news mailing list using Perl, Qmail and Ezmlm.
Software Engineer2005 - 2004Openware
Technologies: Linux, C++, QT, DRBD, Perl, Shell Scripting
- Developed a distributed biometric (fingerprint) authentication module for Linux (PAM), using E-Directory and a graphical back-end using QT/C++.
- Assumed the role of Technical Leader during the first phase of "Project DOGO": a distributed firewall.
- Migrated a High Availability Service based on SCO-Unix to Red Hat EL using DRBD and Heartbeat in other to reduce TCO.
Cluster Administrator2004 - 2004Physics Institute of Rosario
Technologies: Linux, Mpi, Shell Scripting
- Built installations of unattended nodes.
- Standardized all the libraries involved in computations.
OSS Consultant2003 - 2004Project Consulting
Technologies: Linux, QOS, Iptables, C. Perl, Shell Scripting
- Deployed Linux-based routers for a medium-size data carrier.
- Developed a web application for dynamic report generation using PHP and C/MySQL.
- Was responsible with GNU/Linux networking, C programming, shell scripting, Perl scripting.
IT Technician1999 - 2003SPCOM
Technologies: Linux, OpenH323, IpSEC, C/C++, Perl
- Migrated the main mail-server from a major ISP from Windows NT + iMail to a Linux solution using Qmail, Vpopmail and a MySQL back-end.
- Set up data and voice linking using IPSEC and OpenH323, which had to be modified in order to support the local telephone switchboard.
- Customized several open source web applications, such as user management app, Webmin modules and Radius admin app.