Associate Teacher2017 - PRESENTUniversity of Valladolid
Technologies: Python, Spark, PySpark, HBase, Apache Hive, Apache Pig, MapReduce, YARN, HDFS, Hadoop
- Taught a course (called Parallel Computing and Emerging Models) for students pursuing their master's degrees in big data.
- Lectured about the Hadoop Stack: its origin, why it was designed, and how it is used nowadays.
- Gave informative explanations concerning the Hadoop File System (HDFS): its characteristics, useful commands, and practical exercises.
- Passed on my expertise and knowledge about Apache YARN and the Apache MapReduce paradigm about applying the theory to practical exercises and seeing the benefits of this model of computing.
- Created practical exercises about Hive on HBase and Apache Pig in order to teach about the rest of the elements of the stack.
- Lectured on an advanced aspect about Spark; specifically, the types of problems it tries to solve, its advantages, and a lot of practical exercises using PySpark.
CTO | Senior Software Engineer2017 - PRESENTJust Optimal
Technologies: Docker, AWS, Elasticsearch, PySpark, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Polymer, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Consulted for different companies that wanted big data and machine learning solutions to solve their complex problems; explained different options and guided clients in choosing the one that better-matched their needs.
- Implemented a big data service to capture, store, and manipulate huge quantities of data from social networks using the Hadoop stack in a commodity cluster.
- Created an Elasticsearch cluster with advanced rules for distributing, replicating, and accessing the data.
- Migrated a web system to an AWS EC2 autoscalable solution.
- Designed and implemented a machine learning supervised process to auto-classify social networks data using PySpark with Scikit-learn, SciPy, and MLlib.
- Installed a web service to generate and interpret learning metrics in an educational system. Technologies used were Ruby on Rails, Polymer, PySpark with Sci-kit and MLLib, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS EC2, and Docker.
CTO | Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2017Bufete de Marketing
Technologies: AWS, Elasticsearch, Python, Spark, PySpark, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Drove the business technological transformation at the strategic, procedural and technical levels. Also acted as the team coordinator and software engineer reference.
- Developed a big data and machine learning based application to capture the social media information flows that were related to our clients.
- Interpreted and classified social media information and initialized protocols to act accordingly in a totally autonomous way.
- Created a web application to store and manage all of the company data; this was the main working tool for the analytical department.
- Migrated and evolved the business processing architecture to an AWS-based one.
- Installed high desired standards into the design and development processes (coordination of the teams, Scrum methodology, TDD (RSpec, Jasmine) and BDD (Cucumber), and continuous integration processes (Jenkins)).
Senior Software Engineer | Team Leader2014 - 2015iTopTraining
Technologies: Elasticsearch, Python, Spark, D3.js, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Developed a visual tool for semantical analysis and the correlation of educational content in order to assist and speed up the process of learning.
- Created an Angular application and advanced D3.js modules to reinvent the student navigation of the content in an intuitive and graphical way.
- Built a Rails API based application to coordinate all the different technologies involved in the platform.
- Designed and implemented the big data architecture and processes to properly capture, manipulate, and store huge amounts of data from the students; used an AWS EC2 auto-scalable cluster.
- Devised and executed the machine learning algorithms to properly interpret and correlate the previously acquired data to generate a recommended learning process; used PySpark, Scikit-learn, and MLLib.
- Developed real-time communication modules in Node.js.
- Worked with different case-specific databases. Neo4J (graph data), Redis (cached data), MongoDB (general purpose data), Cassandra (fast-access data), and Elasticsearch (semantical data).
Software Engineer2013 - 2014Concurrent Thinking
Technologies: Python, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Test-driven Development (TDD), SCSS, HTML5, WebGL, Crystal, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Collaborated in the development of a complete data-center management solution.
- Migrated the legacy code from Rails 2 to Rails 4, applying TDD (RSpec) and BDD (Cucumber) in the process.
- Encapsulated of all the back models and processes in an independent Rails API based application.
- Developed a completely new AngularJS application to connect with the previously isolated API and divide the previously monolithic application.
- Implemented WebGL-based modules into the Angular application to generate a tridimensional user interface to manage the data center.
Business Intelligence Consultant2011 - 2013Indra
Technologies: Python, Unix, Oracle, Teradata, Informatica PowerCenter
- Diagnosed and planned the migration process, research about the legacy code, and requirements definition.
- Migrated and upgraded an informational banking system using business intelligence related tools such as PowerCenter and Teradata.
- Used and managed a Unix environment and the creation of complex commands.
- Handled and utilized a Teradata data warehouse.
Researcher and Software Engineer2011 - 2011University of Valladolid
Technologies: Java EE, Applets
- Defined (in collaboration with the didactic department), the needs and the requirements of the system, the structure of the project, and the development planning.
- Solidified and executed phonetic linguistic metrics to evaluate the students' pronunciation.
- Built an RIA, using Java Applets, to interact with the students and present different kinds of exercises.
- Developed a JavaEE API to serve as the main core of the application; I created all the models and the algorithms to evaluate the phonetic quality and all the required resources.