José Ribeiro Neto
Verified Expert in Engineering
José is a passionate software developer, excelling in Rust and C++, but his adaptability shines as he chooses the right language for each challenge. He values DevOps, prioritizing automation in benchmarks and tests to deliver top-quality, high-performance code.
Linux, C++, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a memory-efficient sparse tomography algorithm, reducing resource usage by 25x.
High-performance Geophysics Lab (HPG CEPETRO)
- Translated Matlab tomography into C++/CUDA, reducing memory usage by +25x (+200 GB).
- Created a novel metaheuristic, achieving a +5x speedup in optimizing seismic objectives.
- Accelerated seismic algorithms using C++ and parallel programming libraries (OpenMP, CUDA, MPI).
- Designed UIs in C++, Qt, and OpenGL for 2D/3D wave propagation.
- Proposed memory optimization in Reverse Time Migration, achieving +2x memory reduction (-1 TB).
- Secured funding from Petrobras for seismic objective function research.
- Implemented Adaptive Differential Evolution (JADE) for +2x optimization acceleration.
- Employed Python visualization tools to enhance Differential Evolution algorithm analysis.
NP-Hard Problem Solvinghttps://github.com/joe-stifler/mc658-projects
C++, Python, Python 3, Java, Kotlin, C, Julia, Rust, SQL, Bash
Qt, Django, Flask
OpenMP, Firebase Android SDK, MPI, OpenGL, Open MPI
Parallel Programming, REST, Testing
Linux, NVIDIA CUDA, Firebase, Android, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Blockchain
Numerical Methods, Scientific Computing, Back-end Development, Multithreading, Software, Algorithms, Distributed Systems, GPU Computing, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), APIs, Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA), SOAP, Mathematics, MiniZinc, Integer Programming, Lagrangian and Evolutionary Heuristics, Smart Contracts, Benchmarking, Integration Testing, Deployment, GitHub Actions, Semantic-release, Open Source, Cryptography
Apache Tomcat, Git, Gurobi, Docker Compose, Helm, CircleCI
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
State University of Campinas (UNICAMP) - Campinas, São Paulo - Brazil
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) | Score: 92
Educational Testing Service (ETS)