Jose Rolando Josue
Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and Developer
Combining the technical knowledge of a bachelor's degree in business engineering with the analytical skills of a master's degree in data science, Jose has 7+ years of experience in marketing and product analytics, business intelligence, experiment design, user journeys, and understanding the nature of customer's decisions. He enjoys learning new skills, finding creative ways of solving business problems, and helping the community by teaching future professionals how to tell a story with data.
R, Python, Tableau, Business Intelligence (BI), MacOS, Looker, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Data Analytics, SQL
The most amazing...
...company I've co-founded is Benu Technologies, a tech company based in Guatemala City dedicated to providing computer vision solutions to companies.
Senior Product Analyst
- Established a soft partnership with product, marketing, data science, and engineering teams that generated over 30 product initiatives on the PayPal app and paypal.com in under two years.
- Designed, planned, and monitored product initiatives for enhancing user experience via A/B testing that resulted in more than $50M+ in revenue while driving incremental activations and retention.
- Led deep dives to gain perspective on power users, users' lifetime value, users' lifecycle, and customer segments, which aided in constructing new business cases and provided insights to the leadership teams.
- Developed a statistical experimentation methodology to boost analytics capabilities, generate better insights, and reduce analysts' execution times.
- Generated financial and product performance reports and dashboards with tools such as Tableau, Looker, Kibana, and Jupyter Notebooks with SQL, Python, and R.
- Implemented several automation internal products for financial processes, product initiatives, instrumentation, and experimentation.
- Partnered with instrumentation teams to drive better data governance and analytics to gain a better understanding of users' journey through PayPal.
- Partnered with DS teams to explore new ways to introduce a better experience for PayPal customers and monitored model performance for business KPIs.
- Generated and maintained data models using SQL, Python, and R for complex data sources, including client and server events.
- Mentored several teammates to help increase productivity and performance while guiding them to drive better analytics.
Axia Management Group LLC
- Developed an earned value management analytics pipeline to help drive essential statistics and visualizations, while also providing visibility into the project and its impact across scheduling and decision making.
- Provided analytics support for different projects, from baseline and dynamic scheduling to risk management, creating visualizations for S-curves, EVM stats, Monte Carlo simulations, and scheduling changes.
- Developed a model to understand the relationship between tasks (predecessors and successors) to be able to make decisions based on critical tasks and overall impact on the project.
Appex Group, Inc.
- Partnered with product teams to define, track, and monitor primary KPIs for the business.
- Automated App Store Connect data capture for several reports and dashboards using R and Excel to track multiple apps' performance from the company's portfolio.
- Built reports and dashboards using Looker, Tableau, and Domo on business growth, portfolio performance, leadership goals, and user acquisition.
- Created and maintained DBT models that captured data from multiple sources, including App Store Connect, Apple Search Ads, Facebook Ads, AppsFlyer, and Appfigures.
Amplitude Dashboard Support Developer
Accelerate Action, Inc
- Set up data instrumentation guidelines for data governance to drive better analytics.
- Partnered with the operations team to identify pain points on the current engineering pipeline and ingestion to BI tools.
- Created actionable reports for the operations team using Amplitude to understand user experience and product KPIs.
- Provided educational support on how to create successful analytics, have better capabilities to analyze user journeys, and properly set up BI tools.
- Guided on how to track a user's end-to-end path through the different products from the organization and their partners.
- Created dashboards for Customer service, partners operations, marketing, and product teams with visible insights and key performance metrics.
- Built a key performance metrics report for the leadership, delivering faster insights and ensuring quick decision-making.
- Collaborated in launching user experiences and content changes in the website and app, analyzing customer interaction and key drivers and insights.
- Developed an inventory model that reduced 40% of the total inventory of a geothermal power plant in El Salvador without a critical supply shortage.
- Improved the business proposals to the clients by creating results-oriented tri-folds for each product we offered.
- Created the business case, cash flow, and financial metrics to a $500 million loan application for an El Salvador company to build new marketplaces.
Millicom - Tigo
- Analyzed the client segmentation regarding the self-service channels for the customer experience department.
- Created new displays for the user journey in the "TigoMatic,"—a product similar to an ATM—for clients to have more ways to self-serve.
- Built a strategy for the customer experience department with Design Thinking techniques to understand why clients were not using the self-service channels in Guatemala City.
Personal Government ID - Text Extraction App
I developed the app for a banking company from Guatemala City, Using python for the back end and Shiny apps for the front end.
Generating Chatbot Insights from Product Features
I collaborated with the client to achieve this goal by setting up the instrumentation guidelines that would follow an automated process in tracking new products without affecting current integrations. By enabling product managers and stakeholders to create actionable reports based on these new criteria, this project allowed end-to-end tracking to understand product and customer insights.
S-Curve and Trace Logic
R, SQL, Python, Excel VBA
Tableau, Looker, BigQuery, Domo, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI
Business Intelligence (BI), Qualitative Research, Data Science
MySQL, JSON, Databases, Relational Databases
Statistics, Presentation Design, Dashboards, Data Analysis, A/B Testing, Data Visualization, Amplitude, Business Management, Linear Algebra, Probability Theory, Product Analytics, Customer Service, Instrumentation, Optimization, Machine Learning, Excel 365, Data Warehousing, Data Manipulation, Data Analytics
Jupyter Notebook, Microsoft, MacOS, Mixpanel, Mobile, Apple
Master's Degree in Data Science
Galileo University - Guatemala City, Guatemala
Bachelor's Degree in Business Engineering
Francisco Marroquín University - Guatemala City, Guatemala
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring