R&D Engineer2018 - 2019Industrial Light & Magic (London)
Technologies: Maya, Python, C++, Linear Optimization
- Worked on linear and non-linear optimization for character animation models.
- Tasked with researching and implementing state-of-the-art research and tailoring it to the company's needs.
- Created modular code using C++ and Boost that integrated into an existing pipeline.
Studio Engineer, Researcher2016 - 2018University of Bath
Technologies: Visual Studio, Ceres, Unreal Engine 4, MATLAB, Maya, C++, Python
- Worked to bridge research projects to industry applications, creating plugins and dealing non-linear optimization for facial animation.
- Researched state-of-the-art approaches and reproduced them in laboratory conditions.
- Wrapped existing research into applications that were user-friendly.
- Tracked and fixed bugs, and implemented validation test suites.
- Contributed to academic research and published papers pertaining character animation.
Software Developer2016 - 2016Mental Factory
Technologies: OpenCV, Unity3D, C#
- Worked as a freelancer for Mental Factory, with the task of creating interactive applications for the Museum of Coin from Banco de Portugal.
- Created a motion detection application to throw 3D objects based on the motion of the person.
- Used facial detection and 3D depth estimation model to mint a coin with and individual's face.
Teacher Assistant2015 - 2015University of Bath
Technologies: OpenGL, C++
- Tutored at the laboratories for the course Advanced Computer Graphics, which dealt mainly with concepts related to rendering.
- Responsible for grading student assignments.