Full-stack React Native Developer2021 - PRESENTToptal
- Developed an app that lets users browse and review the safety of streets using React Native.
- Implemented social sign-in (Facebook and Google). Integrated Google Maps.
- Implemented the back end using Java (Spring) and PostgreSQL. Secured the server with JWT.
- Set up cloud infrastructure on AWS (which consisted of S3, EC2, RDS, and others).
Founder | CEO2019 - PRESENTTurba Limited
- Wrote a video chat and instant messaging app for iOS and Android using React Native.
- Built a back-end service with Spring Boot (Java) and PostgreSQL (SQL).
- Built and managed an AWS environment for the back end (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Cognito, CodePipeline, and more.).
- Completed integration with various services, including PayPal Payouts, Twilio Video, and Cognito User Pools.
Software Developer2018 - PRESENTByteCubed
Technologies: MongoDB, Java, Spring, Sass, TypeScript, Angular
- Built and updated Angular UI components.
- Wrote unit, integration, functional tests.
- Fixed hard-to-detect concurrency bugs in functional test suites.
- Optimized back-end performance by tweaking queries and data structures.
- Worked on improving the application's security—authorization and token storage.
Technical Developer2016 - 2018The Jonah Group
- Built all Java components in a data collection project for a top US semiconductor company client, including a versatile multi-threaded client simulator (with its own language for templating) for load testing the Hadoop cluster; a powerful data-preprocessing application that can handle millions clients; a batch app for database updates; a management console for the entire cluster with multiple roles and Kerberos authentication (implemented as an Ambari view); and a configuration server where client devices can periodically download new configurations.
- Wrote deployment scripts in bash and managed builds and deployment during development. Completed well ahead of the deadline despite the complexity.
- Created a REST API for a medical diagnostics/communication application. The API made use of AWS for file sharing and enabled efficient communication among medical professionals working on a case with different roles and privileges. Completed weeks ahead of the deadline, and coded mostly alone.
- Added new features to an in-house invoicing and time-tracking app.
Research Assistant2015 - 2015York University
Technologies: AS3 Bytecode, Instrumentation, MATLAB, Java
- Built a monitoring framework for distributed Java applications using ASM and Javassist.
- Performed a detailed analysis of the JVM and researched technologies for bytecode instrumentation.
- Improved the running time and memory requirement of a novel clustering algorithm.
- Gave presentations and demos to coworkers and professors.