Senior React Native Developer2021 - PRESENTTechStyle Fashion Group
- Migrated existing Sailthru implementation into Emarsys, including but not limited to tracking customer behavior, SMS campaigns, and rich and standard push notifications.
- Assisted deploy the Android version of the app with one other React Native developer. The company only had an iOS app, even though it was a React Native app. Because the app was iOS optimized, there were thousands of bugs to be fixed.
- Improved the scalability and performance greatly for an app that has a user base of over 10 million users.
- Aided with the migration to the AppCenter for deployment and testing.
- Mentored junior developers weekly on their coding practices, collaboration skills, communication skills, and more.
Senior React Native Developer2018 - PRESENTChefman
- Built ChefIQ, the first-ever fully functional smart small kitchen appliance companion app.
- Constructed a complex IoT React Native app from initial ideation to delivery as a part of a core team of four developers. It has 4.6 stars rating on the Apple Store.
- Developed a gateway of communication from the culinary team to the app. The culinary team only had to input a recipe on the website to appear on the app with the full guided cooking capabilities.
- Created the guided cooking functionality within the ChefIQ app that reacts to user interactions and guides them through the recipe, preventing users from making mistakes while cooking.
- Developed a React Native mobile app utilizing BLE and WiFi, various AWS and Firebase services, and a custom in-house API.
- Configured small kitchen appliances IoT devices utilizing AWS IoT Core and MQTT.
- Collaborated with many departments with a heavy emphasis on collecting requirements, UI/UX design, QA testing, and process standardization.
- Participated in various trade shows and conventions, including CES, IHA, etc.
- Created a website for Chefman's culinary team in React that allows the users to input a recipe.
- Constructed everything with a customer-first mindset. If a feature does not bring customers any value, do not add it to the app.
Senior React Native Developer2021 - 2022WASH
- Participated in raising the app's star rating from around 1.6 to over 4.3.
- Improved the app's stability greatly by mostly eliminating crashes and random slowdowns within the app.
- Enhanced the reliability of the Bluetooth connectivity by ensuring a single point of interface and more predictable behavior.
- Mentored other more junior developers by coaching them and holding workshops to encourage better coding standards.
- Revamped the entire codebase to properly reuse code, write more scalable code, and eliminate unnecessarily confusing code.
- Enforced a better UI/UX process for the app that delivered user-friendly and user-centric interactions.
- Encouraged and established proper documentation for all features.
- Separated unnecessary business logic from plaguing the view-related code.
- Optimized performance by ensuring no unnecessary operations of any kind were running in the app.
- Participated in design, product, and important meetings to ensure the tickets assigned to the developers were documented correctly before working on them.
Senior React Native Developer2021 - 2021General Motors
- Helped revamp the tire monitoring system on their Flagship apps.
- Collaborated with a large team of over 50 developers with a heavy emphasis on collaboration and pair programming.
- Practiced in TDD and made sure every feature was well tested.
- Ensured all features and every package included in the app were to the highest security caliber as security is extremely important at GM.
React Native Developer2017 - 2018Church Support Online
- Built a React Native mobile app that showcases live chat, gallery, multi-depth navigation, authentication, and calendar.
- Utilized a phone’s contact list, user notifications, gallery, and camera to create a more interactive app experience.
- Enhanced the user experience by allowing customizable tab bars.
- Constructed the back end using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL.
Energy Consultant2013 - 2017So Good Corp
- Generated business by soliciting natural gas and/or electricity services to potential customers in NJ and NY.
- Increased the number of clients by 20% in 2016 by utilizing effective sales strategies and providing service excellence.
IT Intern2014 - 2014Exelis Inc.
Technologies: IT Helpdesk, Workstation Provisioning, Computer Repair, Customer Service, Network Engineering
- Fielded classified help desk calls and resolved hardware and software issues at a defense, information, and services company.
- Rectified daily network-related issues and monitored IT infrastructure proactively for 100+ users.
- Upgraded operating systems and increased IT Department’s service and support rating from fair to great.
Network Engineer and IT Manager2011 - 2013Youth With A Mission
- Recreated the network infrastructure from the ground up, including fiber optics cabling and installation of a Cisco-based network.
- Increased network uptime from 55% to 99.9% by strategizing and implementing cost-efficient and reliable network devices.
- Began job with zero IT experience and self-taught through research/practice; received promotion to IT Manager in three months.