Lead Infrastructure Engineer2017 - 2020NetFoundry
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AlibabaCloud, Azure, AWS, Packer, Terraform, Spring Boot, Go, Kubernetes, Linux, AWS Cloud Architecture, AWS ECS
- Designed and built a multi-cloud, global SD-WAN enterprise orchestration system built on Spring Boot.
- Automated setup and management of multiple, hybrid cloud environments between AWS, Azure, GCP, and AliCloud through Terraform.
- Split time between architecture, automation, infrastructure management, and core platform development.
- Served as lead architect for all systems, applications, and DevOps processes.
Director of DevOps2013 - 2017Red Ventures
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Puppet, OpenStack, VMware, Go, Git, PHP, AWS, Docker, Node.js, SaltStack, Linux, AWS Cloud Architecture
- Managed the DevOps team with ownership of everything from development builds and CI/CD pipelines through infrastructure management, monitoring, patching, and security.
- Created a new application bootstrapping system for developer driven application lifecycle management leveraging Yeoman, Docker, and custom APIs.
- Planned, built, and maintained the OpenStack private cloud infrastructure across two private datacenters with multiple availability zones.
- Managed the provisioning, monitoring, and maintenance of both hardware and virtual servers (over 1,000 virtual and 500 hardware) encompassing the PCI vault environment, internal network, DMZ, and firewalls for all datacenters.
- Designed and built a new static code deployment system to keep up with growth and scaling challenges which leverages PHP, RabbitMQ, and Golang.
- Created a unified development environment for front-end, back-end, and creative developers leveraging Puppet and Vagrant.