Freelance Software Developer2018 - 2019University of Maryland - CATT Lab
Technologies: Django, Redux, React
- Migrated existing Flash apps to React and Redux.
- Implemented large performance improvements, including renderings tens of thousands of shapes on a map without lag.
Software Developer2016 - 2018Triggr Health
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Parse, MongoDB, Ubuntu, Ansible, Backbone.js, Java, Android, Swift, iOS, Node.js, React Native, React
- Migrated the entire back-end from Parse and a hosted database to Node.js and MongoDB.
- Migrated the entire native iOS app and Android app to one React Native codebase to speed up feature development.
- Led the team to implement a social network inside the app in three weeks.
- Built a continuous integration and deployment system for React Native.
- Automated deployments of the back-end Node.js code and front-end React code with Ansible on AWS.
- Helped build a complex React app to support our recovery advocates chat with hundreds of users at a time.
Software Developer2014 - 2015Rackspace
Technologies: Docker, CoreOS, Ansible, OpenStack, Python
- Helped bring OpenStack Ironic into production for the Rackspace OnMetal project.
- Led the open sourcing of our OpenStack Ironic driver for the Ironic Python Agent to make deployments scalable across thousands of servers.
- Became a core reviewer on the Ironic Python Agent, tasked with ensuring we kept the code quality high and minimized bugs.
- Contributed to building a series of scripts and tools to manage our fleet of bare metal servers.
- Presented at the OpenStack Paris Summit on decommissioning bare metal servers with Ironic based on our downstream implementation.
- Led design and implementation of Ironic's decommissioning workflow, which securely erased and prepared a bare metal server for a new tenant. We upstreamed the private code we wrote for OnMetal.
- Spoke at the OpenStack Vancouver Summit about managing a large fleet of bare metal servers with OpenStack Ironic, including the tools we created to manage them and fix them, and the dashboard we developed to track them.
Software Developer2012 - 2013SwoopSrch
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MySQL, Ubuntu, jQuery, Django, Python
- Built a spider back-end to scrape all the apartment companies in the area to make the most complete apartment search engine for Madison apartments.
- Implemented the first interactive version patented Swoop interface, which allowed the user to express multiple search preferences and weight them with a simple user interface.
- Built a backend that supported quick search engine queries and dynamic weighting of search terms.
- Built automation to deploy the Django back-end to AWS.