Verified Expert in Engineering
With 15+ years of success building great digital products around the world, Josh leads with compassion and by example. He will jump in the trenches with the rest of the team whenever needed and bring clear strategy to help us steer safely through the turbulent waters of the digital sea. Josh's tools of choice are evidence, empathy, clear and dynamic communication, and a growth mindset.
Vim Text Editor, Zsh, ITerm
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a wearable app that can detect deep relaxing breathing by analyzing changes in your heart rate.
Software Architect | People Manager
- Led an AWS account migration from ad hoc in AWS organizations and developer access to SSO and implemented it using IaC, AWS CDK, TypeScript, and AWS CloudFormation.
- Refactored and continued to support improvements to the local developer stack environment. Implemented support for Apple M1 architecture-based machines using Docker, Docker Compose, Kong, Bash, and AsciiDoc.
- Wrote and delivered hands-on Pact-based testing workshops and evangelized migrating to Pact for microservice testing in the organization using Pact, Python, and TypeScript.
- Designed and created CI/CD architecture and pipelines in Drone and GitHub Actions.
- Created unit/system testing and test automation design and Helm/Kubernetes design and deployment.
- Implemented the Google Cloud Platform architecture and supported the Terraform infrastructure.
Principal Consultant | Engineering and Product Management
- Coached and led a product development team to build a web application/data pipeline to aggregate around 100 million records of Nielson viewing data per day. Reduced the sales team's research request turnaround time from up to 6 days to less than a minute.
- Led a cross-functional team to create a novel hybrid application development architecture targeting mobile and web via shared codebase for a Fortune 100 education company.
- Engaged in long-form coaching of colleagues to find innovative ways to approach and attain their personal development goals. This led directly to one coachee leaving his comfort zone into a sales role where he won a $250,000 contract for the business.
- Built and released an Apple Watch app that measures deep breathing via your heart rate.
- Designed and integrated the iOS app with Firebase and an Angular front end.
- Created a full BDD test framework for multiple platforms and tech stacks.
- Created a text-message-based finite state machine engine for delivering stress management programs.
- Prototyped stress reduction games in Unity, iOS, and Angular.
The Electric Hand Ltd.
- Built a highly scalable address resolution web service using Java, Play Framework, and a C back-end library.
- Implemented a Jenkins-based DevOps pipeline to help the client move to continuous integration.
- Wrote a plugin to produce technical debt analytics on smalltalk library.
- Implemented Docker-based deployment infrastructure for a Node.js application.
- Mentored a small team in Agile development and adopting clean code and TDD.
- Built hyperdocument version control system allowing for snapshot-based document management.
- Integrated XML authoring and XSLT transformations to support a single source publishing workflow.
- Built service-oriented architecture for XML-based document transformation.
- Assisted Fortune 500 companies in tool selection and systems integration for their publishing and manual systems.
- Led requirements and analysis for large consumer electronics firm seeking to internationalize their document publishing.
This code is designed to work in tandem with a sequence object that combines clips as well as a timeline that plays multiple sequences. An accompanying file with unit tests can be provided upon request. In order to run the code successfully, a few more files, including Clip.Swift, which defines the clip protocol and overloads certain operators, along with the unit tests written using the XCTest framework, can be provided.
Eclipse IDE, Apache Ant, Xcode, Jenkins, Zsh, Vim Text Editor, Sonar, Gradle, Apache Maven, Helm, GitHub
Pair Programming, Agile Software Development, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Test-driven Development (TDD), Functional Programming, Kanban, Agile, Data Science, Event Sourcing, CQRS, Microservices
MacOS, Apple Watch, Linux, iOS, Kubernetes, Firebase, Windows, Databricks, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Team Mentoring, Team Management, Full-stack, Bluetooth, CTO, FastAPI, Modeling, Bayesian Statistics, Single-page Applications (SPA), Coaching, Mathematics, Web Security, Domain-driven Design (DDD)
Django REST Framework, Django, Play Framework, Flask
Twilio API, Node.js, React, Pandas
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, MN, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring