- Software Engineer in Test2016 - 2016NetApp - E-Series Web Services
Technologies: Java, TestNG, Jersey
- Developed with a QA hat on a REST API product for managing the E-Series storage systems. Exposed root causes, and resolved issues with test and production code.
- Identified scenarios, implemented automated tests, and created technical documentation for release of new security feature required for clinching multi-million dollar sale.
- Coached QA team members on best practices for improving test coverage and maintainability of test code for higher team efficiency and product quality.
- Pinpointed concurrency and other issues within complex technology stack to the component or specific code in error to drive resolution from the appropriate teams.
- Software Engineer2011 - 2016NetApp - E-Series Core Productivity
Technologies: Java, Selenium Web Driver, JUnit, Jetty, Jackson, Jersey, PHP, MS SQL Server
- Built and maintained several web and desktop apps along with back-end databases for tracking test component details. Supported 100+ engineers in use of apps.
- Designed and implemented metadata-driven SQL Server database to ingest XML data for tracking and reporting 900+ data points of SAN storage systems under test. Developed and performance-tuned reports. Eliminated time spent on manually creating reports.
- Architected a solution as a personal innovation project with the existing database schema along with other internal apps to quickly begin ingesting and reporting customer use of SAN storage systems. Achieved working solution in weeks rather than months or longer.
- Identified delayed responses for user support requests and created support team rotation that successfully cut typical response times from days down to hours.
- Organized requirements and design across multiple user and developer teams and apps for verifying SAN storage system configuration details. Successfully integrated the components, meeting user need.
- Introduced to team test driven development for PHP code bases, version controlling and automatically applying database schema changes, and automated end-to-end web app testing with WebDriver, resulting in improved quality and stability of apps.
- Reduced the scope and optimized the planned order individual components were developed for a hardware version tracking system. Engineering organization gained value months sooner and provided feedback for iterative enhancements.
- Started new projects with GUI, CLI, and/or REST API mockups and examples to flesh out details with users and product owners, which quickly met expectations and needs.