Principal Developer2008 - PRESENTKalliste Consulting
- Wrote a new version of the Rice Wavelet Toolbox for the 1D and 2D wavelet filter bank design, analysis, and processing. Restructured and documented the C code and ported MATLAB code to Python. Wrote Python and MATLAB xUnit tests.
- Created an openFrameworks C++ image processing program.
- Maintained Linux/Windows networks and servers.
- Updated websites based on CodeIgniter, Ruby on Rails, and various other frameworks.
Programmer2011 - 2017Eagleman Neuroscience Lab, Baylor College of Medicine
- Created a Python toolbox for color vision research.
- Wrote data analysis scripts in R.
- Maintained the Synesthesia Battery.
- Built and maintained Linux systems for scientific computing and web applications.
Contract Web Developer2015 - 2015Austin Community College
- Wrote Ajax user interfaces using jQuery and jQuery DataTables.
- Assembled PHP back-end code.
- Detangled very convoluted legacy PHP code.
- Queried against a Microsoft SQL Server.
- Designed code structure for easy debugging and maintenance.
Programming Consultant2013 - 2015Braincheck
Technologies: Java, Android, PHP, MySQL
- Designed protocols for secure data synchronization and implemented examples in PHP and Java.
- Refactored and debugged Android Java code.
- Built a SOAP API and Client.
- Used code generation for the API code.
- Constructed a PHP bridge to the R programming language for generating graphs using the R ggplot2 library in PHP.
Unix Systems Administrator2006 - 2008Houston Information Team
Technologies: RHEL, IRIX, Solaris, SystemImager, SAN
- Maintained Linux High Performance Computing Systems.
- Assisted developers with C and Fortran programming issues.
- Travelled across the world to resolve remote access issues for a major energy company.
- Diagnosed and resolved system and network issues in novel environments.
- Made software and hardware purchasing recommendations.
Contract Web Developer2003 - 2008Freelance Work
- Assembled eCommerce solutions using the PayPal IPN API as well as smaller payment gateway APIs.
- Wrote a PHP language extension in C.
- Wrote a PHP web application development framework.
- Converted PSD designs to HTML.
Project Lead | Developer2005 - 2006Alphared Web Hosting
Technologies: Linux, BSD, PHP, MySQL, Cisco, RWhois, Apache
- Wrote all internal software for tracking and managing servers, customers, inventory, and network resources. Used Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP.
- Supervised work locally and abroad for a full network resources audit.
- Coordinated the transition of all the operations to ARIN IP addresses.
- Diagnosed issues with Linux, BSD, and Windows servers.
- Monitored service availability with Nagios.
Research Assistant2003 - 2004University of Houston Combustion Chaos Group
Technologies: Linux, C, GTK
- Designed software specifications based on user requirements.
- Developed code in C to drive scientific instruments and read data from them.
- Maintained Linux computing systems.
- Wrote GTK graphical interfaces.
- Wrote portable code for serial communications.
Level 2 Linux Support Technical2002 - 2003Ev1/Rackshack Hosting
Technologies: Linux, Apache, cPanel, WHM, Ensim, RedHat
- Diagnosed and resolved issues with Linux Web Servers.
- Created new procedures and resources for support including and internal support wiki.
- Fixed issues with cPanel/WHM systems.
- Resolved Apache configuration problems.
- Diagnosed SMTP, POP3, and IMAP email issues.