Co-founder | Product Owner | iOS Developer2015 - PRESENTBit Forest
Technologies: WatchKit, Apple, In-app Purchases, Payment Gateways, Google Places API, Google Maps, Core Location, Twitter API, Facebook API, Git, Core Data, Core Animation, Swift, Objective-C, iOS
- Created, as the only iOS developer, a complex real-time multiplayer iOS game, Comic Battle, from scratch.
- Developed a large-scale iOS mobile application for a taxi service. Application features: live vehicle tracking, customizable dispatch zones, and automatic payment through the application.
- Built a set of features for a mobile travel guide for sailors in Croatia, Slovenia, and Greece.
- Consulted on the introduction of a quality insurance system for mobile development projects. The QA system described every project step, from requirements and mockups to prototyping and integration testing.
- Led a small mobile development team.
- Created DefineIt: a vocabulary builder application with speech recognition, optical character recognition, the Today extension, and an Apple Watch app.
iOS Developer2020 - 2020Guestlogix (via Toptal)
Technologies: Firebase, Git, Continuous Integration (CI), Xcode, Swift, iOS
- Worked on the SDK written in Swift to be utilized by the airline companies.
- Added new features and redesigned parts of UI for the white label app utilizing the in-house SDK.
- Performed code reviews to make sure all code is up to the highest standards.
- Suggested and demonstrated a plan to move from the MVC architecture to the MVVM architecture (using RxSwift for bindings) and Coordinator pattern for navigation between screens.
iOS Developer2019 - 2019Stochastic Systems, LLC (via Toptal)
Technologies: UI Testing, Unit Testing, CallKit, WebRTC, VoIP, HTML5 Animations, UIkit, Git, Objective-C, J2ObjC, Java, Swift
- Led the effort to test and fix WebRTC, VoIP, and CallKit issues in iOS application for secure communication with full data and identity protection.
- Implemented a share extension to enable external content sharing through the application.
- Built a notification extension to customize push notifications' appearance.
- Added unit and UI tests that covered the application features.
- Fixed various issues and bugs to ensure the best user experience.
- Redesigned the whole UI (every app screen) to make it ready for the public App Store release.
iOS Developer2018 - 2019OverUnder (via Toptal)
Technologies: Instabug, Google Ads API, Fabric, Firebase, Instruments, Xcode, Core Data, Swift
- Built and maintained a streak-style contest application where users can win cash prizes by predicting the over-under on featured sports events.
- Developed an application using protocol-oriented MVVM architecture with a clear separation of concerns between modules (easy to replace modules, easy to unit test).
- Created live in-app chat which allows users to communicate, OverUnder to communicate with users, and to receive real-time sport event updates.
- Implemented a notification content extension that modifies incoming push notifications to make them more personal for each user.
- Helped identify and implement key analytic events and funnels.
- Added support for mobile ads—showing ad banners when appropriate.
Senior iOS Developer2017 - 2017Adforprize (via Toptal)
Technologies: REST, Git, Firebase, Core Animation, AVKit, Swift 3, iOS
- Developed Adforprize: a platform where users can express themselves through creative ads. Companies posts prizes which are rewarded to users who make the best ads for their campaign.
- Refactored the existing application by resolving a number of issues, crashes and memory leaks; reorganized project structure and replaced heavy storyboards with XIB files.
- Implemented a live in-app chat using Firebase realtime database.
- Worked on and improved advanced video editor (recording multiple video clips, edits them and merges them): fixed crashes and issues; added support to add soundtracks, insert GIFs in between video clips and add images on top of videos.
- Implemented a number of custom UI components with CoreAnimation and Lottie animations (Demo video: Youtu.be/S4TWKUKxdf8 ).
- Attended daily standups and proposed new features, solutions, and iOS best practices.
iOS Developer2016 - 2017NimbleRx (via Toptal)
Technologies: MapKit, Core Animation, Git, Amplitude, Crashlytics, Swift, iOS
- Developed a set of three iOS applications.
- Supported and added new features to the NimbleRx, application which keeps track of users prescriptions; a user can order prescription refills, track it on the map and pay it using the app.
- Led the iOS development on the NimbleMD, application for MDs to keep track of drugs and medication; their description, usages, insurance coverage, and other information.
- Created the NimbleRx marketing iPad application.
- Developed applications fully in Swift by utilizing protocol-oriented programming concepts.
Lead iOS Developer2016 - 2016Proballers (via Toptal)
Technologies: Fabric, Twitter API, Facebook API, AV Foundation, Crashlytics, Git, iOS, Swift
- Developed from scratch a social network application that connects basketball players with fans and released to the App Store in six weeks.
- Setup and guided the client with the set up of a source code repository, Apple developer accounts, in-app purchases, analytics, crash reporting, and releasing the app on Test Flight and in the App Store.
- Implemented auto-renewable in-app subscriptions.
- Developed a verification system for pro players by incorporating the video recording feature in the onboarding flow.
- Solved the challenge of presenting players statistical data on a small screen by adding a custom UI component (UICollectionViews inside parent UICollectionView).
Software Engineer | Lead iOS Developer2013 - 2015Amphinicy Technologies
Technologies: Appcelerator, Android, Swift, Objective-C, iOS
- Implemented a set of mobile (iOS and Android) applications for use by operatives of the rapid response team for disaster relief and humanitarian operations.
- Developed a mobile application for configuring satellite antenna (Azimuth, Elevation, and Skew Angles) for an appropriate geosynchronous satellite through an augmented reality interface.
- Participated in the whole software development process, from the requirements-and-design phase to testing, integration, and communication with a client.
- Worked as the technical interviewer of new iOS developer applicants.
- Led a small team.
Junior Software Engineer2011 - 2012Amphinicy Technologies
Technologies: Flex, Java, Android, Objective-C, iOS
- Developed for Amphinicy Technologies—the world’s leading software provider for companies operating in the satellite industry.
- Built the Java back end for a large in-house CMS product.
- Implemented Android and iOS mobile clients (EPUB and PDF reader) for the in-house CMS.
- Developed the mobile CMS client by customizing, configuring, and adding features to an existing RMSDK client application.
- Collaborated and communicated with international clients.
- Worked in both local and distributed teams.