Co-founder | Product Owner | iOS Developer2015 - PRESENTBit Forest
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Swift, Core Animation, Core Data, Git, Facebook API, Twitter API, Core Location, Google Maps, Google Places, Payment Gateways, In-qpp Purchases, Apple WatchKit
- Created, as the only iOS developer, a complex real-time multiplayer iOS game, Comic Battle, from scratch.
- Developed a large-scale iOS mobile application for a taxi service. Application features: live vehicle tracking, customizable dispatch zones, and automatic payment through the application.
- Built a set of features for a mobile travel guide for sailors in Croatia, Slovenia, and Greece.
- Consulted on the introduction of a quality insurance system for mobile development projects. The QA system described every project step, from requirements and mockups to prototyping and integration testing.
- Led a small mobile development team.
- Created DefineIt: a vocabulary builder application with speech recognition, optical character recognition, Today extension, and Apple watch app.
iOS Developer2018 - 2019OverUnder (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, CoreData, Xcode, Instruments, Firebase, Fabric, Google Mobile Ads, Instabug
- Built and maintained a streak-style contest application where users can win cash prizes by predicting the over-under on featured sports events.
- Developed an application using protocol-oriented MVVM architecture with a clear separation of concerns between modules (easy to replace modules, easy to unit test).
- Created q live in-app chat which allows users to communicate, OverUnder to communicate with users, and to receive real-time sport event updates.
- Implemented a notification content extension which modifies incoming push notifications to make them more personal for each user.
- Helped identify and implement key analytic events and funnels.
- Added support for mobile ads—showing ad banners when appropriate.
Senior iOS Developer2017 - 2017Adforprize (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Swift 3, AVKit, Core Animation, Firebase, Git, REST
- Developed Adforprize: a platform where users can express themselves through creative ads. Companies posts prizes which are rewarded to users who make the best ads for their campaign.
- Refactored the existing application by resolving a number of issues, crashes and memory leaks; reorganized project structure and replaced heavy storyboards with XIB files.
- Implemented a live in-app chat using Firebase realtime database.
- Worked on and improved advanced video editor (recording multiple video clips, edits them and merges them): fixed crashes and issues; added support to add soundtracks, insert GIFs in between video clips and add images on top of videos.
- Implemented a number of custom UI components with CoreAnimation and Lottie animations (Demo video: Youtu.be/S4TWKUKxdf8 ).
- Attended daily standups and proposed new features, solutions, and iOS best practices.
iOS Developer2016 - 2017NimbleRx (via Toptal)
Technologies: iOS, Swift, Crashlytics, Amplitude, Git, Core Animation, MapKit
- Developed a set of three iOS applications.
- Supported and added new features to the NimbleRx, application which keeps track of users prescriptions; a user can order prescription refills, track it on the map and pay it using the app.
- Led the iOS development on the NimbleMD, application for MDs to keep track of drugs and medication; their description, usages, insurance coverage, and other information.
- Created the NimbleRx marketing iPad application.
- Developed applications fully in Swift by utilizing protocol-oriented programming concepts.
Lead iOS Developer2016 - 2016Proballers (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, iOS, Git, Crashlytics, AV Foundation, Fabric.io Answers, Facebook API, Twitter API
- Developed from scratch a social network application that connects basketball players with fans and released to the App Store in six weeks.
- Setup and guided the client with the set up of a source code repository, Apple developer accounts, in-app purchases, analytics, crash reporting, and releasing the app on Test Flight and in the App Store.
- Implemented auto-renewable in-app subscriptions.
- Developed a verification system for pro players by incorporating the video recording feature in the onboarding flow.
- Solved the challenge of presenting players statistical data on a small screen by adding a custom UI component (UICollectionViews inside parent UICollectionView).
Software Engineer | Lead iOS Developer2013 - 2015Amphinicy Technologies
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Swift, Android, Appcelerator
- Implemented a set of mobile (iOS and Android) applications for use by operatives of the rapid response team for disaster relief and humanitarian operations.
- Developed a mobile application for configuring satellite antenna (Azimuth, Elevation, and Skew Angles) for appropriate geosynchronous satellite through an augmented reality interface.
- Participated in the whole software development process, from the requirements-and-design phase to testing, integration, and communication with a client.
- Worked as the technical interviewer of new iOS developer applicants.
- Led a small team.
Junior Software Engineer2011 - 2012Amphinicy Technologies
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Android, Java, Flex
- Developed for Amphinicy Technologies—the world’s leading software provider for companies operating in the satellite industry.
- Built the Java back end for a large in-house CMS product.
- Implemented Android and iOS mobile clients (EPUB and PDF reader) for the in-house CMS.
- Developed the mobile CMS client by customizing, configuring, and adding features to an existing RMSDK client application.
- Collaborated and communicated with international clients.
- Worked in both local and distributed teams.